Duds vs Giants

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
- MLF (just an odd refusal to run the ball at times)
- Barry, has he done anything to convince anyone he's any good at this?
- Receivers.. as MANY said before the season, this team lacks anyone who can consistently make a play downfield when one-on-one, everything has to be schemed for the receivers, these guys need to be wide open to accomplish anything consistently
- oline, just didn't stop the pass rush well enough on a team that needs to give receivers more time to get open
- Rasul, too many costly penalties

Studs
- Jones, when given the chance he was terrific

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty embarrassing loss for the team. Giants were fielding a bunch of nobodies and still won. Packers are very, very good at playing to the level of their competition. Nightmare to watch as a fan.
Right, horrible game. Embarrassing defense and offense. Lucky the ST fumble was recovered.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be getting some Love soon, team just can’t move the ball on third down and some yards w/o going deep pass, Rodgers wheels have slowed a lot, so the time may be not now but could come
Have you seen Love play?? Hopefully Rodgers stays healthy. Love may come around eventually, but he isn't the answer.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds are MLF and Barry: God, MLF is such an overrated coach.
I'm beginning to think so too. The play calling in the second half was terrible. MLF cannot adjust on the fly. Really looks like some kind of dummy.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m all for jones getting the ball even more he is there best player on offense by far I don’t necessarily like splitting Carries with Dillon a change of pace is fine but jones is way better than Dillon. And the defense needs to step up they aren’t living up to there “hype”
We need Jones healthy and not beat up. Dillon is doing a good job. MLF is the sucker, with his play calling in the 2nd half.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes BENCH Aaron Rodgers! Bow up and show him that the QB position is about 45% RESPONSIBLE for building chemistry and timing with young/new wide receivers! He's been running unchecked while his skills have been deteriorating for 10 years now!
I'm not there yet. Our first pick young receiver is always hurt and totally useless. Doubs is inconsistent. Receivers are our detriment. Hopefully Gute can find someone to help out.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not believe LaFleur took out Jones and put in Dillon on that last drive with 3rd and 2 or 3 I think. And why they don't throw to Deguara is beyond me. He is the fastest/quickest of the TEs. We gave up a lot of 3rd down plays on defense. Rodgers and his "trust" thing...very over-rated.
I had no problem with Dillon in there but I DO have a problem with not handing it off to him to get those 2 measly yards for a first down.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brutal game:

Studs: Lazard? Crosby.

Duds: Aaron Rodgers, LaFleur, the entire defense.

This team needed to be humbled, Rodgers getting outplayed by a banged-up Daniel 'frickin' Jones in the only game he'll ever play in London is not going to sit well with Aaron. Rodgers throwing on short yardage against a team that is tops in the league in pass defense is a new level of stupid when you had a relatively fresh Dillon in the game. Using Watson, WHO IS 6'5" on sweeps and gadgets instead of as a deep threat/possession WR is dumb, and he injures his hammy again. Rodgers, AGAIN, needing less than ten yards and tossing floaters to Cobb or Lazard was also brutal to watch. Of course, those guys will be blanketed.

I think this team just doesn't travel well.

Breece Hall may be one of the most athletic RB's in the history of the NFL (per RAS) and the Packers defense will be on his plate next week.

Reaction score
This game, as bad as it was, should open the eyes of our FO and anyone making excuses in this staff should be given their first verbal warning.

There are going to be several teams in a grouping of the Steelers, Texans, WFT, Panthers and several others that will be teetering on 6 losses fairly soon. I’d be aggressive and go after either a formidable TE or WR in trade. It’s time to push our chips in and I fully agree with Rodgers, this level of play is not sustainable. Averaging 20 points per week is going to be a ticket to an early exit this season. Fix it now

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game, as bad as it was, should open the eyes of our FO and anyone making excuses in this staff should be given their first verbal warning.

There are going to be several teams in a grouping of the Steelers, Texans, WFT, Panthers and several others that will be teetering on 6 losses fairly soon. I’d be aggressive and go after either a formidable TE or WR in trade. It’s time to push our chips in and I fully agree with Rodgers, this level of play is not sustainable. Averaging 20 points per week is going to be a ticket to an early exit this season. Fix it now
Yeah, Gute should be looking hard and long for receiving help.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute passed up George Pickens..for Christian Watson. Watson barely plays..and is injured..again. Pickens has had some amazing grabs. Not saying he would be the answer..but has looked all world compared to 2 catch Christian!!

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Gute should be looking hard and long for receiving help.
We knew this would be a problem, but honestly it's gotten even worse because the D is struggling so mightily against inferior competition

MLF continues to show his issues, and Rodgers/MLF need to figure out their run vs pass issues and in a hurry. I understand the defense can give you something, and if Newman is that bad as an interior lineman and that's why you have hesitancy to run it up the gut, then put in Thom

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute passed up George Pickens..for Christian Watson. Watson barely plays..and is injured..again. Pickens has had some amazing grabs. Not saying he would be the answer..but has looked all world compared to 2 catch Christian!!
Agreed. Idk how he would have fit culture wise, but sometimes you need those "dogs" out there on your team. Cannot have a bunch of choir boys

As smart as Watson has been, he can't stay on the field, and when he is his route tree is lacking immensely

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Idk how he would have fit culture wise, but sometimes you need those "dogs" out there on your team. Cannot have a bunch of choir boys

As smart as Watson has been, he can't stay on the field, and when he is his route tree is lacking immensely
Watkins too..when healthy he's good..but again hurt. They really needed to bring in 2 veteran wrs..and possibly a te. I guess they have a plan with Tonyan as he has had minimal targets.
They cannot continue with this passing game..before you know it your 4-13 and canning the whole coaching staff.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We knew this would be a problem, but honestly it's gotten even worse because the D is struggling so mightily against inferior competition

MLF continues to show his issues, and Rodgers/MLF need to figure out their run vs pass issues and in a hurry. I understand the defense can give you something, and if Newman is that bad as an interior lineman and that's why you have hesitancy to run it up the gut, then put in Thom
Or move Jenkins back to rg..move Nijman to rt.

Reaction score
That’s another Matter. We’ve gotten a trivial amount of usage out of a #28 and #34 overall draft picks. We spent THREE 1st and 2nd Rounders. That’s 3 of our first 4 draft selections to play 1 player? That player is good but he replaced an adequate player in Barnes. So the one we did play is overlapping a starter capable? It’s not like we couldn’t use Eric Wilson type to fill in if we’re injured.

Is that our All In approach? Get a minor upgrade at Off ball LB with TWO 1sts Day and TWO 2nd Round selections? That’s some strange philosophy. What are we the Browns?

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the English fans and John Snow

Duds: The old chuck n duck audibling and this vaunted defensive secondary.

All in all, this was a situation where again the lack of adjustments were glaring. On to the next average team for a close call. No more Haggis before the game.

Members online

Latest posts