Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am certain that a qb with poor mechanics that leads the FBS in interceptions will be available literally every year....

What about ones who threw 32 TDs and 6 interceptions before a completely new coaching staff blew up his team?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a joke that Rodgers is considered a "Diva" The guy has kept his mouth shut for ten seasons since the last time they had a defense, played through injuries, carried his team to the playoffs, and didn't complain about the front office when they made foolish decisions. After ten seasons, I think his has earned the right to be disgruntled.
As a fan, the debacle at the end of the first half of the NFCCG sure as hell made me disgruntled and all I do is watch. I can imagine someone as competitive as Rodgers finally lost confidence in the ability of the front office which passed up TJWatt to draft King and then used the 2020 draft to go into rebuilding mode.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a joke that Rodgers is considered a "Diva" The guy has kept his mouth shut for ten seasons since the last time they had a defense, played through injuries, carried his team to the playoffs, and didn't complain about the front office when they made foolish decisions. After ten seasons, I think his has earned the right to be disgruntled.
As a fan, the debacle at the end of the first half of the NFCCG sure as hell made me disgruntled and all I do is watch. I can imagine someone as competitive as Rodgers finally lost confidence in the ability of the front office which passed up TJWatt to draft King and then used the 2020 draft to go into rebuilding mode.

You know he kept mouth shut to the team?

I will bet he voiced frustration to them

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry but not buying it, highest paid LT till just recently protecting his blindside, will be tops or close to it tops paid WR and rightfully so, one of the top current RB threats in the league, a premiere young OL in Jenkins that can literally slide anywhere, one of the best blocking TEs ever to lace up in recent memory, a highly ascending pass catching threat TE and a promising Deguara...plus a 2nd rounder at RB#2 now...

That's all before discussing this draft where we laid heavily on protecting him and giving weapons.

Green Bay's issues have rarely been offensive during Rodgers time in Green Bay.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron disagrees with you :)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ron-wolf-aaron-rodgers-packers-divas-league

"There’s been a huge change and it started with Russell Wilson then went to [Deshaun] Watson and now we got Rodgers," Wolf said. "It appears that today's quarterbacks want to be more than quarterbacks. They're hired to play the position quarterback. That’s what they’re being paid for, and that’s what they’re being paid to do. These guys, they want to pick the coach, pick the players. It’s an interesting dilemma."

We have a lot of divas playing in the league right now. I fail to understand that all these guys have long-term deals. I can't believe the game has changed that remarkably.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite things is sports is listening to older generations complain about how entitled and full of themselves the current generation is.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if someone disagrees and contradicts you, its not valid?

No! Not at all! I certainly didn't intend to imply that. However, you can't argue that older fans/players don't constantly hate on the current generation.

Take Wolf for instance. He's not going to ridicule "his" guy, Favre, even though it seems (to me) pretty obvious that holding a team hostage for multiple off-seasons through threat of retirement to force a trade seems much more diva-ish.

My comment was intended to be humorous, similar to the common theme of older ppl using at kids to get off their lawn.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite things is sports is listening to older generations complain about how entitled and full of themselves the current generation is.

It is an old, old paste time....

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

― Socrates

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No! Not at all! I certainly didn't intend to imply that. However, you can't argue that older fans/players don't constantly hate on the current generation.

Take Wolf for instance. He's not going to ridicule "his" guy, Favre, even though it seems (to me) pretty obvious that holding a team hostage for multiple off-seasons through threat of retirement to force a trade seems much more diva-ish.

My comment was intended to be humorous, similar to the common theme of older ppl using at kids to get off their lawn.
After wolf left farve changed. While with wolf he "behaved"

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After wolf left farve changed. While with wolf he "behaved"
Favre was never the same after Holmgren left, IMO. I think he needed Holmgren, because he wouldn't put up with his nonsense - or at least he put a limit on it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s always been like that. Human nature. One day the younger generation will become the older generation and they will whine and complain about the younger generation.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know he kept mouth shut to the team?

I will bet he voiced frustration to them
Show me the quotes or video where Rodgers publicly castigates the front office for some of their foolish decisions. If he did it behind the scenes. it proves the point that he has the composure to make his differences known in a face to face setting. Hardly the stuff of the "diva" nonsense. If you want to go back to the Scott Hunter days, just push Rodgers out the door. The Packers are 6-12-1 without him and the same teams win about 2/3 of their games with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me the quotes or video where Rodgers publicly castigates the front office for some of their foolish decisions. If he did it behind the scenes. it proves the point that he has the composure to make his differences known in a face to face setting. Hardly the stuff of the "diva" nonsense. If you want to go back to the Scott Hunter days, just push Rodgers out the door. The Packers are 6-12-1 without him and the same teams win about 2/3 of their games with him.

Shall we revisit the roster structure in the moments of those games without him?

This isn't to downplay or make it seem Rodgers isn't of value - dude is incredible...but can we stop pretending he is perfection LOL.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shall we revisit the roster structure in the moments of those games without him?

This isn't to downplay or make it seem Rodgers isn't of value - dude is incredible...but can we stop pretending he is perfection LOL.
This is brett history all again.

The brett lovers had every excuse...when he would toss a horrible int...it was" he is trying to make something happen" that was so head scratching to me.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is brett history all again.

The brett lovers had every excuse...when he would toss a horrible int...it was" he is trying to make something happen" that was so head scratching to me.
Brett was gonna Brett, and Rodgers is gonna Rodgers. They are who they are.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

only if we can stop pretending that the team is anything other than a dumpster fire without him, unless until actually proven otherwise and believe me, I would love to be proven otherwise but they haven’t yet

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
only if we can stop pretending that the team is anything other than a dumpster fire without him, unless until actually proven otherwise and believe me, I would love to be proven otherwise but they haven’t yet
You can’t prove its a dumpster fire wo him
You can speculate it is, but cant prove the future. Unless your name is Mcfly

D

Deleted member 6794

Nobody is suggesting Rodgers is perfect by any means. But there's absolutely no doubt that he has been the main reason for the team's success over the past 10 years, often accomplishing it with a roster lacking overall talent. The backups who played in place of him didn't have any worse teams to work with.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 29 years old and I too see that sports was played by more humble and less egocentric men back in the day. Thats what ballooning salaries plus an exponential increase in public exposure (and hence stardom) of athletes through social media have done. Its evident in American football, its evident in actual football (or soccer for you Americans :) ).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts