Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

garyhogeboomsghost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fleur-simply-had-enough-of-aaron-rodgers-act/

“Public niceties aside, my sense is [coach Matt] LaFleur, fresh from a terrific 13-3 baptismal season, simply had enough of [Aaron] Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative. With a first-round talent on the roster, the Packers would gain leverage with their imperial quarterback and his passive-aggressive style. If the Packers do indeed want to become a running team next season, they surely wouldn’t want Rodgers rocking the boat and becoming even more difficult to coach.”

McGinn is one of the most respected football writers out there. He is not, nor has he ever been the type of guy to just randomly throw out controversial or inflammatory stuff just for the hell of it, so if he is reporting this, I can pretty much guarantee that there is something to it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already welcomed you, but WELCOME again!

Most around here think ARs poop don't stink and he is above criticism. The whole problem is the receivers, MLF, and Gute. That AR is still near the top of his game.

In short, you are going to get the full ire of many for criticizing his greatness.

Truth hurts though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things, I’m sure Aaron’s **** stinks like the rest of ours and McGinn is exactly the type writer that would do something to be controversial and get clicks. He’s had this same schtick for a couple seasons now. New coach, same schtick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Few of us have said Rodgers needs to play better..

this will be some kind of storm

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SHOCKING NEWS! Guy who is better at his job than anyone else involved in the company is frustrated when others aren't as good as he is!

C'mon, that's not a character flaw, that's freaking NORMAL, especially in a career that's entirely based on competition! I love the people that pretend that individuals who are among the best 0.0001% of what they do in the world should somehow be humble, that's not usually how it works.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone honestly expect a painless transition to the MLF offense in year one? We had a template. As close to 1:1 as one can hope for happened in Atlanta when Shannahan was hired as the OC.

Matt Ryan took an obvious step back in year 1 and then a big step forward in year 2. (2015 and 16, respectively.)

Literally everything was stacked against a successful passing game in 2019.
  • Rodgers is in a new scheme, basically for the first time in his career (Sherman -> McCarthy wasn't terribly drastic).
  • Rodgers is older
  • The WRs as a whole were poor
  • This scheme has a history of a steep learning curve in year 1.
The deficiencies I saw in Rodgers this past year struck me as primarily not trusting his reads. That's normal. He does not have the time in this scheme to "just do." He was thinking. I expected an improvement from him this coming year regardless of any off-season changes.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things, I’m sure Aaron’s **** stinks like the rest of ours and McGinn is exactly the type writer that would do something to be controversial and get clicks. He’s had this same schtick for a couple seasons now. New coach, same schtick.
Well, we can settle this now. We can ask [deleted by mod]. His nose is so far up Rodger's [deleted by mod] that I am sure he would know.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care one little bit what McGinn or Favre have to say. thisisnate said it very well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
One thing is for certain. The media is going to make a story out of this whether something is there or not. I've always been a guy that says where there's smoke there's fire, and I've never been a big believer in coincidences, so I'm not doubting that this is going on. I do also know McGinn's history.

Favre has also spoke out in favor of Rodgers. And this story was the lead on every single sports show today that I'm aware of.

Gute and LaFleur are going to be fielding questions about this for a very long time. And Rodgers whenever he's available to the media. This isn't going away. It's going to be a circus.

The GM and head coach will say all of the "politically correct" things. The quarterback? More than likely, but there's also a chance he expresses some displeasure.

Buckle up, Packers fans. This is only the beginning.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre said the Packers should have clued Rodgers in on what they were thinking.

"I think (the Packers) burned a bridge that's going to be hard to overcome," he said. "At some point I think it will rear its ugly head."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will only have as long of legs as Packer fans let it. I, for one, hate this soap opera ****. And don't like sportswriters that try and make it happen.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I already welcomed you, but WELCOME again!

Most around here think ARs poop don't stink and he is above criticism. The whole problem is the receivers, MLF, and Gute. That AR is still near the top of his game.

In short, you are going to get the full ire of many for criticizing his greatness.

Truth hurts though.

I know that feeling when discussing others :whistling:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put in your seat belt
I won't be following this thread and I'll be changing the channel when I hear it. Rodgers, I think, has to be here for two more years. I expect to win ballgames. I just don't care about that crap and I imaging Rodgers will get sick of it real fast. Whatever he is...he is not an idiot.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well, you didn't even need to mention him.

Yeah, but that wouldn`t be any fun, would it ? I just sit here chuckling to myself and the wife keeps shooting me strange looks....lol, and that just adds fuel to the fire.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

FIRST off, I'd like to categorically blast your first statement out of the water. See mine smells good. It's a metabolical thing.

The rest of your post is dead on. McGinn likes to create stories and then the clown at PFT, who Rodgers completely dissed pulls McGinn's story out of McGinn's dumpster by printing it at PFT, after crapping on McGinn for publishing Wonderlich scores.

McGinn was the type of reporter at the Milwaukee Journal who was a great source reference if you needed bias confirmation for something you're already ranting about.

In short, fans who think the entire organization is dogsh*t, McGinn was their go-to guy. Could be why McGinn was retired and ostensibly moved to Michigan - so does bitter Bob have a crystal ball? I doubt he got anything from Rodgers so he wrote a column saying essentially "if I were Aaron Rodgers... I'd be mad." That's what the PFT clown wrote too...then used McGinn to back up HIS presupposition.

Click bait. McGinn needed to generate some income.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FIRST off, I'd like to categorically blast your first statement out of the water. See mine smells good. It's a metabolical thing.

The rest of your post is dead on. McGinn likes to create stories and then the clown at PFT, who Rodgers completely dissed pulls McGinn's story out of McGinn's dumpster by printing it at PFT, after crapping on McGinn for publishing Wonderlich scores.

McGinn was the type of reporter at the Milwaukee Journal who was a great source reference if you needed bias confirmation for something you're already ranting about.

In short, fans who think the entire organization is dogsh*t, McGinn was their go-to guy. Could be why McGinn was retired and ostensibly moved to Michigan - so does bitter Bob have a crystal ball? I doubt he got anything from Rodgers so he wrote a column saying essentially "if I were Aaron Rodgers... I'd be mad." That's what the PFT clown wrote too...then used McGinn to back up HIS presupposition.

Click bait. McGinn needed to generate some income.
I’m interested to hear more about this metabolic condition...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts