Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll give ya that his coaching was complete crap at the end
Mainly because his entire offense was built around Rodgers. MLF is building his offense to rely on the run and ****-and-dunks when necessary (plus making defense better), so I have WAAAAAAAY more faith in this offense if Rodgers either goes down or leaves the team. I legit believe the current team could sniff the playoffs if Hundley started every game

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mainly because his entire offense was built around Rodgers. MLF is building his offense to rely on the run and ****-and-dunks when necessary (plus making defense better), so I have WAAAAAAAY more faith in this offense if Rodgers either goes down or leaves the team. I legit believe the current team could sniff the playoffs if Hundley started every game

Who is this Hundley you speak of?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've shared before I think this team's over/under wins if Rodgers leaves is 7.5 - which places them in that realm of 8 or 9 wins as possible and that can sniff playoffs for sure. We could also win 6 or 5 just as likely in my opinion.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is this Hundley you speak of?
I meant past-tense Hundley
I've shared before I think this team's over/under wins if Rodgers leaves is 7.5 - which places them in that realm of 8 or 9 wins as possible and that can sniff playoffs for sure. We could also win 6 or 5 just as likely in my opinion.
Anything from 2-12 wins is possible this season without Rodgers. However, I believe Love is already more talented than Hundley can ever be and I think 10 wins with Love this year would be a realistic goal. That *probably* means a wild card playoff spot and we all know anything can happen come playoff time. I obviously like our chances better with Rodgers but it wouldn't be the end of the world without him, especially 3+ years down the road if Love, Bortles, or anyone else is at least average.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 29 years old and I too see that sports was played by more humble and less egocentric men back in the day. Thats what ballooning salaries plus an exponential increase in public exposure (and hence stardom) of athletes through social media have done. Its evident in American football, its evident in actual football (or soccer for you Americans :) ).

Guys were paid about the national average and media coverage was much less "back in the day". Paying someone millions and putting them on national television all the time is something that naturally feeds the ego.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe the point about the run but the ****-and-dunk part isn't true, so far. Rodgers yards per attempt last season was his highest since 2014 and was 3rd highest in the NFL last season as well. You would expect that to change with a lesser QB but we haven't really seen that with Rodgers.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only stat that I or anyone else should care about. 1-4 in NFC Championship games. Yes, he was a really big reason that they got to 5 NFCCG's but what is the only objective at the beginning of every season. The Superbowl champion. No excuses. Period.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 29 years old and I too see that sports was played by more humble and less egocentric men back in the day. Thats what ballooning salaries plus an exponential increase in public exposure (and hence stardom) of athletes through social media have done. Its evident in American football, its evident in actual football (or soccer for you Americans :) ).

You were right first time, I know not what this S word means

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only stat that I or anyone else should care about. 1-4 in NFC Championship games. Yes, he was a really big reason that they got to 5 NFCCG's but what is the only objective at the beginning of every season. The Superbowl champion. No excuses. Period.

Some would argue he was let down by his defenses in some of those NFCCGs, and there is some truth to that. But he was also bailed out by Jay Cutler in the first one, so it all balances out.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironically, Europe first coined the term "soccer" but America embraced it due to hand-egg (football) becoming popular.
yeah, it comes from soca as a contraction of association in association football, and was first used by an English person(s) iirc.

I just like winding yanks up about American football only kicking a ball on about 5% of plays, so football is a bit is a misnomer

I thought Hand-Egg was Rugby....I'm getting so confused LOL

to me, both are technically hand-egg, but in rugby kicking is still a large part of the game. not just for points scoring, but for positional territory

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If God wanted us to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us hands"- Ditka

or something like that

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are you saying we should have invested more highly in the draft to find a backup QB sooner?
No, only the Packers brass is stupid enough to waste draft capital on the most worthless position in the NFL when you have a generational talent at QB.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, only the Packers brass is stupid enough to waste draft capital on the most worthless position in the NFL when you have a generational talent at QB.
You do realize that is why we have had Rodgers for his entire career, right???? RIGHT????

D

Deleted member 6794

I legit believe the current team could sniff the playoffs if Hundley started every game

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Anything from 2-12 wins is possible this season without Rodgers. However, I believe Love is already more talented than Hundley can ever be and I think 10 wins with Love this year would be a realistic goal. That *probably* means a wild card playoff spot and we all know anything can happen come playoff time. I obviously like our chances better with Rodgers but it wouldn't be the end of the world without him, especially 3+ years down the road if Love, Bortles, or anyone else is at least average.

I think a lot of Packers fans will be in for a rude wakeup call once Rodgers is done playing for the team.

The defense allowed an average of 35 points in those four losses. You have to realize that football is a team sport.

Some would argue he was let down by his defenses in some of those NFCCGs, and there is some truth to that. But he was also bailed out by Jay Cutler in the first one, so it all balances out.

The Packers having faced Cutler and Haine once doesn't make up for the defense struggling in three games and five minutes in the other NFCCGs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn’t a generational talent, nor was Favre, nor was Love. It took a lot of coaching and significant playing experience for Rodgers and Favre to become top shelf QB’s and it also will for Love and there are no guarantees he will make that jump. All 3 were blessed with extraordinary arm talent and skills.
The Packers front office recognized these physical traits in all 3 cases and took appropriate action to acquire all three. Do you think that Minnesota, Chicago and Detroit thinks we’ve had stupid front office people all these years?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think a lot of Packers fans will be in for a rude wakeup call once Rodgers is done playing for the team.

The defense allowed an average of 35 points in those four losses. You have to realize that football is a team sport.

The Packers having faced Cutler and Haine once doesn't make up for the defense struggling in three games and five minutes in the other NFCCGs.
This is exactly the problem I have with Rodgers staunch supporters. They want to give him all the credit when the Packers win and none of the blame when they lose. Frankly, the defense hasn't been good since they lost Nick Collins. Dude was going to be great for a long time. They never replaced him (except for getting an aging Charles Woodsen) and have been below par ever since. The defense has been bad for a long time. Blake Martinez sucked, Kevin King sucks. That's probably what set Rodgers off - the Packers resigning Kevin King and not picking up ANY warm body. Resign KK? Really? Absolutely insane.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I look at Eric Stokes; he totally reminds me of King. Anxious to see him in pre season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t see king at all. I see a bigger Shields who needs some technique work with his feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts