Hypothetical Rodgers trade with the Raiders

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We are at that point...

Just takes some longer to get there or accept it ;)

A year ago people were speculating if the drafting of Jordan Love would motivate Rodgers to have a MVP like season to prove the Packers wrong in selecting Love. Well.....here we are, the highly motivated Rodgers has proved his point, problem is, he wants to straddle them, rub the teams nose in it and be able to say "Told ya so and since you didn't recognize it a lot sooner, I'm going to keep rubbing harder."

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just takes some longer to get there or accept it ;)

A year ago people were speculating if the drafting of Jordan Love would motivate Rodgers to have a MVP like season to prove the Packers wrong in selecting Love. Well.....here we are, the highly motivated Rodgers has proved his point, problem is, he wants to straddle them, rub the teams nose in it and be able to say "Told ya so and since you didn't recognize it a lot sooner, I'm going to keep rubbing harder."
they shouldn't grovel. it's in the team's best interest to move on and they know it. they just think (in error) that the public will roast them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Raiders get Rodgers

The Packers get Derek Carr, Henry Ruggs, Maxx Crosby, 2021 1st rounder, 2022 first rounder, 2022 second rounder.
Continuing the thought experiment:
Now that we are after the draft, change the 2021 1st to a 2023 1st and 2nd. Find a trading partner before hand, let's say Washington, and send them Carr for their 2nd next year. Sign Nick Mullens, RGIII, or Blaine Gabbert for $1m as reclamation project clipboard holders. Gute would HAVE to find someone good with 4 picks in the top 50 or so.

D

Deleted member 6794

they shouldn't grovel. it's in the team's best interest to move on and they know it. they just think (in error) that the public will roast them.

The Packers are already getting roasted for the way they have dealt with Rodgers over the past few years.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are already getting roasted for the way they have dealt with Rodgers over the past few years.
By who? The "talking heads" that think AR should be calling all of the shots and that GB management should be kissing his ***? Rodgers' hissy-fits regarding players, contract situations and coaches that he doesn't agree with is leaving a stink all over his legacy.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only by major media who want clicks and folks who don't understand the reality of the Packers cap situation. Packers fans polls show they're solidly behind the team in this latest Rodgers ego-fest.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only by major media who want clicks and folks who don't understand the reality of the Packers cap situation. Packers fans polls show they're solidly behind the team in this latest Rodgers ego-fest.
I think a big chunk of that is the Favre crap resurfacing. We all experienced the prima donna QB hissy fit and we have a low tolerance for it.

I know of another poll up and it is very similar 85% Packers to 15% Rodgers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking earlier, I bet Daniel Snyder is the sort who would love to trade for Rodgers. Rhe coach also stated that the Skins were involved in talks about a QB trade on draft day.. Here is my proposal.

Washington gets Rodgers

Packers get :
Chase Young
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jamin Davis

Redskins have one of the top defenses in the NFL. They take a hit on defense to elevate offense.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking earlier, I bet Daniel Snyder is the sort who would love to trade for Rodgers. Rhe coach also stated that the Skins were involved in talks about a QB trade on draft day.. Here is my proposal.

Washington gets Rodgers

Packers get :
Chase Young
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jamin Davis

Redskins have one of the top defenses in the NFL. They take a hit on defense to elevate offense.

call me a homer
but that seems like a massive underpay on WFT's part

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
call me a homer
but that seems like a massive underpay on WFT's part
You're a Homer!

Chase Young may become the best defensive player in the NFL in a year or 2. And it's only after his first year. We would have him for 4 more season which is probably longer than AR plays. This defense would be one of the top ones in the NFL.

Rethinking it. Maybe you are right. Any other opinions?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WFT is not trading Chase Young. More likely Davis, Fitz, WBK plus 2022 #1 , 2 & 3 for Rodgers and 2022 # 5.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're a Homer!

Chase Young may become the best defensive player in the NFL in a year or 2. And it's only after his first year. We would have him for 4 more season which is probably longer than AR plays. This defense would be one of the top ones in the NFL.

Rethinking it. Maybe you are right. Any other opinions?

Chase Young may be one of the better defensive players in a year or two, or he may not be. Regardless, the rest of the trade (Fitz and Davis) carry little value relative to the centerpieces. This is a Rodgers for Young trade, and a HOF, 3x MVP QB coming off an MVP season is always going to be worth far more than an up-and-coming defensive player, one that plays at a position we don't need for that matter. There will have to be 1st round picks in any trade.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase Young may be one of the better defensive players in a year or two, or he may not be. Regardless, the rest of the trade (Fitz and Davis) carry little value relative to the centerpieces. This is a Rodgers for Young trade, and a HOF, 3x MVP QB coming off an MVP season is always going to be worth far more than an up-and-coming defensive player, one that plays at a position we don't need for that matter. There will have to be 1st round picks in any trade.
Chase Young was the 2nd overall pick. He may be the highest rated defensive player to come out in the last decade. Bosa in 2018 is in that conversation as well. Jamin Davis was a mid round pick. Had I had that pick, that would have been my selection. With picks, you are getting players that probably don't have the potential or likeliness of success of Young.

I dont know.

WFT is not trading Chase Young. More likely Davis, Fitz, WBK plus 2022 #1 , 2 & 3 for Rodgers and 2022 # 5.

This probably seems more likely.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it very surprising that Packers fan polls would back the team. I would’ve guessed 75-25 for Rodgers.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it very surprising that Packers fan polls would back the team. I would’ve guessed 75-25 for Rodgers.

That's because its Packer fans voting and not Rodgers fans. Most Packer fans put the team ahead of the players. I'd be interested in seeing a poll of non Packer fans. I bet it would be as you said 75% support of Rodgers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With picks, you are getting players that probably don't have the potential or likeliness of success of Young.
And any team that gets Rodgers will become an instant contender. Those picks aren't going to be top 10, or anywhere near, barring a major injury.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers leaves I guarantee whichever teams he goes to will go out of there way to make a trade for better players hell I bet Adams is gonna leave too.. won’t surprise me if he goes to a Super Bowl somewhere else.. I believe Green Bay has wasted his career. Everyone is like Jordan love is gonna be great. He may or not be but if he is the next great thing then we can expect one Super Bowl in 15 years... I’m gonna go out on a limb and say love is gonna blow and they will win no more than 5 games if that loves rookie season. I feel like the luxury of having a HOF qb is over. And they F****D up. I don’t blame Rodgers one bit.. I’m a packers fan and will root for them all the way but Rodgers was easily my favorite Player of all time.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers leaves I guarantee whichever teams he goes to will go out of there way to make a trade for better players hell I bet Adams is gonna leave too.. won’t surprise me if he goes to a Super Bowl somewhere else.
Wouldn't surprise me if he won a Super Bowl somewhere else, but if he's going to account for 25% of some team's cap, they're going to have an uphill battle. And if we get some good trade compensation for him from that team, that's not going to help him either. If the past 10 years have shown us anything, it's that Rodgers can't get to the Super Bowl on his own.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I give you a hard time, is this just emotional spewing or actual thought? If actual, please show who?
I was waiting for your response lol I would say just in general. Him sitting for a year helps him learn things but no preseason to see anything. Nobody knows how a rookie is gonna play. He has big shoes to fill. My only issue is he had one good season in college and he didn’t play against many tough schools and when he did he wasn’t very good

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he won a Super Bowl somewhere else, but if he's going to account for 25% of some team's cap, they're going to have an uphill battle. And if we get some good trade compensation for him from that team, that's not going to help him either. If the past 10 years have shown us anything, it's that Rodgers can't get to the Super Bowl on his own.
I agree with that I bet the front office is thinking the same thing. If they truly wanna role with love then now is the time to trade Rodgers to get something useful out of him as far as compensation. He is likely to be traded after June 1st I bet Green Bay is thinking if they can get as much salary cap and weapons for a qb on a rookie salary and he turns out they have a window there. No doubt do I think they want love to start. As far as Rodgers yes he gets to the nfc championship and loses however the Seattle game wasn’t his fault they won that game. Every other one he carried them all the way there. Atlanta one I knew they would get blown out. San Fran I had zero faith in that one too last year I was confident til they had to play Brady..

Members online

Latest posts