Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Important to note that McGinn is speculating, not reporting. Big difference.

McGinn also said it's hard to understand why GB traded up for Love when they have Tim Boyle.

McGinn has some kind of vendetta, and is best ignored with most things.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Important to note that McGinn is speculating, not reporting. Big difference.

McGinn also said it's hard to understand why GB traded up for Love when they have Tim Boyle.

McGinn has some kind of vendetta, and is best ignored with most things.

Thank you for pointing out that this is speculation. I was about to post that same when I saw what you had wrote.

I don't know how you can go from "...my sense is LaFleur, fresh from a terrific 13-3 baptismal season, simply had enough of [Aaron] Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative." to "Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Aaron Rodgers diva antics."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing out that this is speculation. I was about to post that same when I saw what you had wrote.

I don't know how you can go from "...my sense is LaFleur, fresh from a terrific 13-3 baptismal season, simply had enough of [Aaron] Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative." to "Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Aaron Rodgers diva antics."
Because that's where they want to go in the first place. :)

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The potential negative fallout regarding the Love pick is more serious with respect to team chemistry , fractured locker rooms , and rumors than the actual physical / athletic consequences. We didn’t learn. Power play pitting of future HOF QB against a new stake your claim FO. Been there and here we go again.
The problem is that our FO was not perceptive enough to see what inevitably was going to happen....Rodgers is a huge diva and as snarky as they come and I really doubt he’ll “see the benefits” and embrace the direction....don’t see it at all

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is full circle for Rodgers. He learned what he could from Favre via osmosis. He'll know that it's important for Love to let him ask the questions he needs to and then put what he's learned into practice. I'll say this, if Rodgers has an early season-long injury again, he's probably done in GB. I keep hoping I do not read that Rodgers has demanded a trade. It's pretty surprising that we're at this stage of Rodgers career already.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is full circle for Rodgers. He learned what he could from Favre via osmosis. He'll know that it's important for Love to let him ask the questions he needs to and then put what he's learned into practice.
Yeah, I definitely agree Rodgers will have learned from his experiences with Favre to do and say the right things. But Favre seemed to indicate Rodgers was less than happy with that first round pick. And why should he be? It's not so much that they drafted his supposed successor, it's that they could have used that pick to improve the team, and give him more weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Favre is right, and that Rodgers finishes his career somewhere else. And he may be glad to do it, because arguably the team has failed to put sufficient support around him to get that second ring.

H

HardRightEdge

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Rodgers retires early, I think it’s a given he playes elsewhere. Manning, Warner, Montana, Brady, Favre.

Not many Elways or Marino’s. Maybe Brees as a Saint, but he didn’t start there either. Probably as close as a QB great during the salary cap era gets anymore to retiring with “his team”.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely agree Rodgers will have learned from his experiences with Favre to do and say the right things. But Favre seemed to indicate Rodgers was less than happy with that first round pick. And why should he be? It's not so much that they drafted his supposed successor, it's that they could have used that pick to improve the team, and give him more weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Favre is right, and that Rodgers finishes his career somewhere else. And he may be glad to do it, because arguably the team has failed to put sufficient support around him to get that second ring.

Of course Rodgers wasn't happy! Is anybody ever happy when their replacement is drafted? That's a given. And do I care if Rodgers is happy? No, I don't. He's a professional. Do your job. He's getting paid very well, I think he'll be okay.

Gute's job is not to do what is best for Rodgers, but to do what is best for the Green Bay Packers. This is what he felt was best for GB. Will it be? We shall see. If Love hits, then unquestionably it was.

As far as Rodgers playing for another team...I mean, yes, of course he is. As long as he doesn't retire, he's bound to play elsewhere. This shouldn't be surprising. The moment the Packers traded up for Love, that was Gute saying that Rodgers has 2-3 years left in GB, maximum.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Most great quarterbacks finish their career somewhere other than where they spent the majority of their careers.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing is for certain. The media is going to make a story out of this whether something is there or not. I've always been a guy that says where there's smoke there's fire, and I've never been a big believer in coincidences, so I'm not doubting that this is going on. I do also know McGinn's history.

Favre has also spoke out in favor of Rodgers. And this story was the lead on every single sports show today that I'm aware of.

Gute and LaFleur are going to be fielding questions about this for a very long time. And Rodgers whenever he's available to the media. This isn't going away. It's going to be a circus.

The GM and head coach will say all of the "politically correct" things. The quarterback? More than likely, but there's also a chance he expresses some displeasure.

Buckle up, Packers fans. This is only the beginning.
As if we didn't have enough of this last season... *Sigh*

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really says something when the most sympathetic person in this story is Rodgers. All he wants to do is win another championship and that's been his primary focus.

Now because of all of this, the media is going to bombard him with questions in which no matter what he says he's in a no win situation. This whole thing is becoming a huge distraction, and if this by chance does affect the TEAM, most of the blame will go on Rodgers' feet. He's really in a no win situation, it doesn't appear that the front office got him the necessary weapons to help this team elevate further, but if Rodgers does ball out and play well, then MLF and Gute will be like, "See I told you we had what we need" when that is questionable at best. This whole thing has become a spectacle.

Rodgers is set up to look bad either way you slice it. His only hope is to win it all. And even then it'll make Gute and MLF look like geniuses.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

hmmm...cheeky buggar...look at buggy aka ron jeremy's new photo?! Just get the technicolor dreamcoat out of the drama hall of fame already and sashay your way across the runway...LOL:whistling:

You DO know there`s a reason my nickname is "Tripod !" don`t you ? :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Unless Rodgers retires early, I think it’s a given he playes elsewhere. Manning, Warner, Montana, Brady, Favre.

Not many Elways or Marino’s. Maybe Brees as a Saint, but he didn’t start there either. Probably as close as a QB great during the salary cap era gets anymore to retiring with “his team”.

Even Paul had "Wings" :rolleyes:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Love develops how the front office expects him to, Rodgers will probably not finish his career in Green Bay. Rodgers has repeatedly said he wants to play into his 40s and there is no way Love (assuming he develops) would be on the bench for six years. My guess is that the cap hit will lead to Rodgers being the starter for three more years, and possibly four depending on other developments.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob McGinn has lost a lot off his fastball in the last few years. I find him far less credible now.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With no sports due to COVID-19 these hack reporters are so desperate for clicks that they are now pulling at any and all straws to generate controversy. I seen a ridiculous headline that said Packers wage war against Rodgers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is full circle for Rodgers. He learned what he could from Favre via osmosis. He'll know that it's important for Love to let him ask the questions he needs to and then put what he's learned into practice. I'll say this, if Rodgers has an early season-long injury again, he's probably done in GB. I keep hoping I do not read that Rodgers has demanded a trade. It's pretty surprising that we're at this stage of Rodgers career already.

He can demand all he wants, but unless he is going to write GB a check for the dead cap burden this would cause there is no way this happens until after minimum 2 seasons. Honestly, Rodgers I truly think doesn't care about this Love pick nearly at all like many are trying to create - that's how confident he is in his abilities. I don't think he is gonna be a **** to Love, nor do I think he is going to be "arm around him" type big brother either. There arguably has never been a GB player to be fired up when he has a chip on his shoulder....this is gonna get GOOD I think.

Also McGinn is an idiot in half of this...

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really says something when the most sympathetic person in this story is Rodgers. All he wants to do is win another championship and that's been his primary focus.

Now because of all of this, the media is going to bombard him with questions in which no matter what he says he's in a no win situation. This whole thing is becoming a huge distraction, and if this by chance does affect the TEAM, most of the blame will go on Rodgers' feet. He's really in a no win situation, it doesn't appear that the front office got him the necessary weapons to help this team elevate further, but if Rodgers does ball out and play well, then MLF and Gute will be like, "See I told you we had what we need" when that is questionable at best. This whole thing has become a spectacle.

Rodgers is set up to look bad either way you slice it. His only hope is to win it all. And even then it'll make Gute and MLF look like geniuses.

This is what happens when you become more a of a fan of a player than the team.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said the Packers should have clued Rodgers in on what they were thinking.

"I think (the Packers) burned a bridge that's going to be hard to overcome," he said. "At some point I think it will rear its ugly head."

This alone will motivate #12 to play nice for the next two years.

In any case, I think some of these Packer pundits have had their COVID-19 masks on a little too tight and are getting too much CO2. Inhale, exhale, and relax. We have two years to find out if Jordan Love is the real deal. If he turns out to be another Brian Brohm, then it'll be Gute out on curb in dark glasses, tin cup extended in his hand, exclaiming, "Alms for the poor blind man."

Members online

Latest posts