Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Important to note that McGinn is speculating, not reporting. Big difference.

McGinn also said it's hard to understand why GB traded up for Love when they have Tim Boyle.

McGinn has some kind of vendetta, and is best ignored with most things.

If McGinn was being serious here then Bob is a fool. Boyle is now almost out the door. lol

After the season was over Aaron said he had more fun in this past season than he's had in years so I have no clue what antics Rodgers is doing that will cause Gute and MLF to be fed up. McGinn has been in quarantine too long. :rolleyes:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given how completely dead the sports world is right now, people were bound to make a big deal out of the McGinn story. They have nothing else to talk about. What bothers me is that it's pretty clear that McGinn is speculating--he doesn't actually know any of this to be true--but some outlets are reporting it as fact.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has repeatedly said he wants to play into his 40s and there is no way Love (assuming he develops) would be on the bench for six years.
Right. I don't see how anyone can look at this pick and not conclude that the Packers have some sort of lack of confidence in Rodgers. In whatever form that might take. Whether it be a "diva attitude", or declining skills, or a lack of faith that he is going to be able to stay healthy. Maybe they just think Rodgers is too expensive. There is some smoke here, it's coming from somewhere. Like you say, there's no way they used a first round pick on Love for him to sit on the bench for six years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. I don't see how anyone can look at this pick and not conclude that the Packers have some sort of lack of confidence in Rodgers. In whatever form that might take. Whether it be a "diva attitude", or declining skills, or a lack of faith that he is going to be able to stay healthy. Maybe they just think Rodgers is too expensive. There is some smoke here, it's coming from somewhere. Like you say, there's no way they used a first round pick on Love for him to sit on the bench for six years.
I don’t think it has anymore to do with the fact that they had an opportunity to get a kid they liked very much at the most important position on the field. Also I think most of us think there there are probably 2-3 more years of legitimately being a 30milliom dollar a year QB before lots of variables start working against that and make it unlikely.

Considering the season and how much we’ve committed to Rodgers in the past year, and knowing almost all the people around that decision are still here and we’re for 10 years prior, didn’t just change their mind on Rodgers.

I don’t think picking Love goes much further than what I proposed earlier in the post.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are trying to recapture the magic from the last QB transition. That's literally all that it is.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. It just seems a year or two early to me. Maybe it will work, I don't hate the pick, but I'm not fond of it either.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. It just seems a year or two early to me. Maybe it will work, I don't hate the pick, but I'm not fond of it either.

Will a QB like Love be as easily attainable in the next year or two? I don't know. Seems unlikely to me, but I really don't know.

At the end of the day, I'll trust the professionals. Not the online scouts, but ya know, the people employed by NFL teams to do this. They'll get things wrong of course, but they know a lot more than me.

Reaction score
I think it’s highly likely all this fear mongering about how Rodgers will react negatively is largely unsupported. One thing I have learned about Aaron is he doesn’t like to be pigeonholed into being predictable. He’ll likely do the exact opposite and befriend Love just to spite these types of stories.
Aaron’s not all that bad of a guy, he’s really quite smart I believe he
1. Knows Love didn’t ask for this.
2. Recognizing he’s entering his twilight years
3. Knows teams make business decisions that are not personal in nature.
4. Knows he’s the presumed starter for at least 2-3 seasons
5. Knows he’s currently better than Love
6. Knows his future productivity will naturally alleviate much of the concerns.
7. Really knows that there’s not much he can do to control this so he’ll accept it and move foreword.
8. Fully support his new QB starting in preseason. Be watching for his positive body language on the sideline when Love makes a big play. He’ll know he’s being filmed and he’ll use it to his advantage. Aaron loves the spotlight, it’s partly what drives him.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. If we win another SB with Rodgers, then everyone will be happy and there will be no issue with the move. Maybe we'll get lucky and SF gets knocked out by someone else in the playoffs.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Logic vs Emotion
I think it’s highly likely all this fear mongering about how Rodgers will react negatively is largely unsupported. One thing I have learned about Aaron is he doesn’t like to be pigeonholed into being predictable. He’ll likely do the exact opposite and befriend Love just to spite these types of stories.
Aaron’s not all that bad of a guy, he’s really quite smart I believe he
1. Knows Love didn’t ask for this.
2. Recognizing he’s entering his twilight years
3. Knows teams make business decisions that are not personal in nature.
4. Knows he’s the presumed starter for at least 2-3 seasons
5. Knows he’s currently better than Love
6. Knows his future productivity will naturally alleviate much of the concerns.
7. Really knows that there’s not much he can do to control this so he’ll accept it and move foreword.
8. Fully support his new QB starting in preseason. Be watching for his positive body language on the sideline when Love makes a big play. He’ll know he’s being filmed and he’ll use it to his advantage. Aaron loves the spotlight, it’s partly what drives him.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Logic vs Emotion
Head vs Heart

Hard to tell....allot of it won't even be in his conscious control......ever be in a job that things happened to you that shouldn't have affected you but you just weren't as dedicated as you were before?
I think its about 50/50 that he comes in fired up

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the world would anyone think it should be expected for a someone to be excited when a replacement is brought in to take their jobs and not make it easier for them to do their jobs?

I really do believe that fans seem to think employees should also be fans.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will a QB like Love be as easily attainable in the next year or two? I don't know. Seems unlikely to me, but I really don't know.

At the end of the day, I'll trust the professionals. Not the online scouts, but ya know, the people employed by NFL teams to do this. They'll get things wrong of course, but they know a lot more than me.

The chances to obtaining a young franchise QB prospect, under team control, and at a relatively small price is quite slim. The team made the move up and it is what is.

Even the AJ Dillon pickup is understandable, because it actually fulfills a need, just not the one most would prioritize. Aaron Jones brings the lightning and hopefully Dillon will bring the thunder.

Its the subsequent 3rd and 5th round picks where the draft fizzled. These two don't look like immediate contributors, and don't offer the risk/reward of Love.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Thing is, he's got plenty of flat out bust potential as well. I'm not going to pretend to know as much as they do. They've forgotten more football than I'll ever know. But he's got a lot of question marks. Far from a polished prospect.

I get your point though as far as where the Packers were able to get him in the draft.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chances to obtaining a young franchise QB prospect, under team control, and at a relatively small price is quite slim. The team made the move up and it is what is.

Even the AJ Dillon pickup is understandable, because it actually fulfills a need, just not the one most would prioritize. Aaron Jones brings the lightning and hopefully Dillon will bring the thunder.

Its the subsequent 3rd and 5th round picks where the draft fizzled. These two don't look like immediate contributors, and don't offer the risk/reward of Love.

Can't agree on Deguara. He'll get plenty of playing time early. Martin probably won't, but I really don't expect a 5th round pick to have an immediate impact.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is, he's got plenty of flat out bust potential as well. I'm not going to pretend to know as much as they do. They've forgotten more football than I'll ever know. But he's got a lot of question marks. Far from a polished prospect.

I get your point though as far as where the Packers were able to get him in the draft.

Well, yeah. With his talent, if he didn't have a chance to bust, he's going #1 overall.

I don't believe there are any safe picks. We've seen a lot of so called safe picks do nothing. Danny Watkins. Joey Harrington. That LB from Wake Forest that went super early...Aaron somebody.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear BF, why the hell do you think anybody gives a rats rear end what you think about Aaron Rodgers? Favre, Go away. You had your time. You showed your true colors by playing for the purple a-holes and having the ridiculous opinion that they were the best team you ever played on. Now you decide to open your big mouth and spew nothing but crap as usual. Problem is, Rodgers appears to be more like you than we thought. You ask me and nobody did, you and Rodgers might be two peas in a pod. God help us.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You showed your true colors by playing for the purple a-holes.
Makes me wonder what if Rodgers ended up playing for the Vikings too, or the Bears? Honestly, it wouldn't really bother me, as long as he didn't get a ring with them.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear BF, why the hell do you think anybody gives a rats rear end what you think about Aaron Rodgers? Favre, Go away. You had your time. You showed your true colors by playing for the purple a-holes and having the ridiculous opinion that they were the best team you ever played on. Now you decide to open your big mouth and spew nothing but crap as usual. Problem is, Rodgers appears to be more like you than we thought. You ask me and nobody did, you and Rodgers might be two peas in a pod. God help us.

You deserve to have Super Bowl 31 ripped from your memory and then set on fire. So disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you even a Packers fan bro?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You deserve to have Super Bowl 31 ripped from your memory and then set on fire. So disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you even a Packers fan bro?

Please !! You`re not going to go with that old chestnut and say we wouldn`t have won that Superbowl without Aaron Rodgers ??? It was a team effort, and without players like Woodson, Williams and even Jennings, we would have lost it. I take your point to a degree, but please don`t come up with that one super player rubbish.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well, yeah. With his talent, if he didn't have a chance to bust, he's going #1 overall.

I don't believe there are any safe picks. We've seen a lot of so called safe picks do nothing. Danny Watkins. Joey Harrington. That LB from Wake Forest that went super early...Aaron somebody.
Given the risks, I just don’t like the timing. You trust the work you put in, but taking QBs is as much of a crap shoot as anything.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please !! You`re not going to go with that old chestnut and say we wouldn`t have won that Superbowl without Aaron Rodgers ???

Am I missing something? Superbowl 31 had no Rodgers.

If you are talking about SB45, then still we wouldn't have won that without Rodgers. I know it's a team effort and all that, but he wasn't MVP for no reason that year.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

If you are talking about SB45, then still we wouldn't have won that without Rodgers. I know it's a team effort and all that, but he wasn't MVP for no reason that year.
I think buggy misunderstood the post.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I ALWAYS maintain if Tramon Williams hadn`t deflected big bens last pass we were going to lose. Sorry but we`ll obviously have to agree to disagree on this one. I never question Rodgers contribution to the season but that Superbowl was never a forgone conclusion.

Members online

Latest posts