Bob McGinn says Packers are fed up with Rodgers diva antics

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You deserve to have Super Bowl 31 ripped from your memory and then set on fire. So disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you even a Packers fan bro?
Disrespectful to who Bro? I guarantee you that I am one of the biggest Packer fans around. If you can't see that Rodgers is going down the same path as Favre, you are either blind or ignorant. When is the last time you saw Rodgers actually act like he wanted to play football with a great attitude? He looks miserable. He acts miserable. If he is as smart as everyone says he is, then I have to believe that he is setting the Packers up for the big kiss-off. Now he has the country hick in his ear. Rodgers is dangerous to the franchise because he thinks that he so much smarter than everyone else. Everything about him bothers me right now. If it's just me, so be it. Ashamed of myself? Don't be silly. The day that I feel sorry for ANY athlete is the day that I will be ashamed of myself. Have a good day Bro.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So one of the "scout quotes" that McGinn used on Love is almost word for word the same as Jim Nagy's comments on him. There's some speculation that he either lifted the quote from another article, or that he used Nagy and claimed he was a scout.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fleur-simply-had-enough-of-aaron-rodgers-act/

“Public niceties aside, my sense is [coach Matt] LaFleur, fresh from a terrific 13-3 baptismal season, simply had enough of [Aaron] Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative. With a first-round talent on the roster, the Packers would gain leverage with their imperial quarterback and his passive-aggressive style. If the Packers do indeed want to become a running team next season, they surely wouldn’t want Rodgers rocking the boat and becoming even more difficult to coach.”

McGinn is one of the most respected football writers out there. He is not, nor has he ever been the type of guy to just randomly throw out controversial or inflammatory stuff just for the hell of it, so if he is reporting this, I can pretty much guarantee that there is something to it.
He was respected. Many now view McGinn as fighting imaginary windmills thru his columns. He does not like Rodgers and never will. He does not like the Packers organization. His commentary is hypercritical and his specialty over the past years is to focus on the downside of every player's individual game. I believe he has lost all enjoyment of the game and now prefers getting even with anybody who he believes has "disrespected" him. His columns, once a fresh and honest breeze from the usual "happy birthday news" handed out by the GB administration, have become more and more bitter. I saw this before in the final years of the great NY writer **** Young. His last years were devoted to settling old scores. McGinn may not be there yet....but using his own turn of a phrase, "I sense" that he is heading in that direction. Hey, my opinion for what it is worth.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn also can't stand Z'Darius Smith. Dude ripped him every week for "pretending" to get hurt at least once a game, and being a distraction.

He's a clown.

To be fair Z does seem to get a "soccer type" injury and then be bull rushing through a Left Tackle the next series... :)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will a QB like Love be as easily attainable in the next year or two? I don't know. Seems unlikely to me, but I really don't know.

At the end of the day, I'll trust the professionals. Not the online scouts, but ya know, the people employed by NFL teams to do this. They'll get things wrong of course, but they know a lot more than me.
I am certain that a qb with poor mechanics that leads the FBS in interceptions will be available literally every year....

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear BF, why the hell do you think anybody gives a rats rear end what you think about Aaron Rodgers? Favre, Go away. You had your time. You showed your true colors by playing for the purple a-holes and having the ridiculous opinion that they were the best team you ever played on. Now you decide to open your big mouth and spew nothing but crap as usual. Problem is, Rodgers appears to be more like you than we thought. You ask me and nobody did, you and Rodgers might be two peas in a pod. God help us.

Probably because since he has a relatable experience to what Rodgers is going through on top of his current relationship with him makes Favre probably the only person on the planet that can possibly have a decent handle on what could be going through his head?..... Just a thought.

(You could argue Montana also but the 49ers didn't use 1st rounder to trade Young)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rumblings about Brady and McDaniels having a falling out due to Brady not having enough input in the game plan. Funny how many seem to think this type of thing is exclusive to just Rodgers and his coaches.

Not insinuating it's true or false, just funny that's all.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumblings about Brady and McDaniels having a falling out due to Brady not having enough input in the game plan. Funny how many seem to think this type of thing is exclusive to just Rodgers and his coaches.

Not sure i have seen anyone thinking this type of is exclusive of AR.

But I have seen Bradys name brought up regarding this aspect.

Are you under the impression that if Brady is a pain in the ****, its okay that Rodgers is too?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fleur-simply-had-enough-of-aaron-rodgers-act/

“Public niceties aside, my sense is [coach Matt] LaFleur, fresh from a terrific 13-3 baptismal season, simply had enough of [Aaron] Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative. With a first-round talent on the roster, the Packers would gain leverage with their imperial quarterback and his passive-aggressive style. If the Packers do indeed want to become a running team next season, they surely wouldn’t want Rodgers rocking the boat and becoming even more difficult to coach.”

McGinn is one of the most respected football writers out there. He is not, nor has he ever been the type of guy to just randomly throw out controversial or inflammatory stuff just for the hell of it, so if he is reporting this, I can pretty much guarantee that there is something to it.

"His sense is..."

So, he's guessing.

Anyone can do that.

And you can guess there is something to it, but you are in no position to guarantee there is something to it. You are free to believe whatever it is you choose to believe, but that won't make it any more or any less true.

It's all one big guess.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're admitting that attitude might exist with Rodgers?

Maybe it's just exclusive to diva type quarterbacks?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not sure i have seen anyone thinking this type of is exclusive of AR.

But I have seen Bradys name brought up regarding this aspect.

Are you under the impression that if Brady is a pain in the ****, its okay that Rodgers is too?
Not at all. I’m just saying that a lot of times with superstar quarterbacks, it just comes with the territory. You may not think it’s exclusive to Rodgers, but a big percentage of people believe that Rodgers is always making things difficult while Brady is roses and sunshine. Was just shedding light on the possibility that perception most definitely isn’t always reality.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So you're admitting that attitude might exist with Rodgers?

Maybe it's just exclusive to diva type quarterbacks?
Like I pointed out to Amish, I’m saying it exists far more than what many realize. All quarterbacks are divas to a certain extent. And yeah, Rodgers most definitely has an attitude.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I pointed out to Amish, I’m saying it exists far more than what many realize. All quarterbacks are divas to a certain extent. And yeah, Rodgers most definitely has an attitude.
This is why the Favre stuff never really bothered me. People expect their heroes to be perfect, but he was a quarterback, he had likely been a pampered athlete since a young age. It would be hard to believe if they didn't feel a little entitled.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In fairness, this is a Packers forum, so why would people even discuss Brady and McDaniels and their situation ?

I

In fairness, this is a Packers forum, so why would people even discuss Brady and McDaniels and their situation ?

I`m not having a go at you honestly, it`s just how I see it. I think we both realise we are both at the opposite of the AR spectrum, and I respect your opinion. I do feel you get a bit defensive whenever the subject of Rodgers comes up. Just a feeling mate.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I`m not having a go at you honestly, it`s just how I see it. I think we both realise we are both at the opposite of the AR spectrum, and I respect your opinion. I do feel you get a bit defensive whenever the subject of Rodgers comes up. Just a feeling mate.
Oh I do at times. I'll admit it. If you're being truthful though, I'd say you get a little triggered, only in the opposite direction. There's some strong feelings on the subject.

All I'm saying is that many on this forum, and really just fans in general, have vilified Rodgers over the years for having his name mentioned in articles very similar to what Brady was just mentioned in. And my only point is that it's much more prevalent among star quarterbacks than not. And that includes the very best of the best.

I

Oh I do at times. I'll admit it. If you're being truthful though, I'd say you get a little triggered, only in the opposite direction. There's some strong feelings on the subject.

All I'm saying is that many on this forum, and really just fans in general, have vilified Rodgers over the years for having his name mentioned in articles very similar to what Brady was just mentioned in. And my only point is that it's much more prevalent among star quarterbacks than not. And that includes the very best of the best.

Hey, you may be right about the trigger thing. The hairs on my neck do go up a little when talking about him, but if you think that`s bad, you should have seen my reaction to Favre....lol. What I`m saying is nobody really cares about Brady, he`s not our problem and never was, I suspect some would have liked him to be one of our problems. Personality wise ? not in a million years but success wise ? who knows ? Anyway, I respect your stance on it. No bad feeling on my part :tup:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hey, you may be right about the trigger thing. The hairs on my neck do go up a little when talking about him, but if you think that`s bad, you should have seen my reaction to Favre....lol. What I`m saying is nobody really cares about Brady, he`s not our problem and never was, I suspect some would have liked him to be one of our problems. Personality wise ? not in a million years but success wise ? who knows ? Anyway, I respect your stance on it. No bad feeling on my part :tup:
Like the captain alluded to, it just provides perspective and context.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I already welcomed you, but WELCOME again!

Most around here think ARs poop don't stink and he is above criticism. The whole problem is the receivers, MLF, and Gute. That AR is still near the top of his game.

In short, you are going to get the full ire of many for criticizing his greatness.

Truth hurts though.

Perfect analogy

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Fame, fortune and being the idol of hero worshippers is a difficult mix for flawed human beings to successfully deal with. Rodgers and Brady certainly do not stand alone in this regard. The Bart Starr’s and Hank Aaron’s of the world are anomalies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fame, fortune and being the idol of hero worshippers is a difficult mix for flawed human beings to successfully deal with. Rodgers and Brady certainly do not stand alone in this regard. The Bart Starr’s and Hank Aaron’s of the world are anomalies.

I think it's far more rare in today's world to find the quiet guys. Only recent one I can think of is Tim Duncan. But I also think it's partially driven by the modern media and fan obsession over winning. It's easy to be quiet and humble when you're winning titles on teams with amazing management.

Members online

Latest posts