2023 Contract Years...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be bad timing for Dillon. Cook, Zeke & Hunt are currently unsigned RBs. The NFLs position on non superstar (or no longer superstar) RBs has definitely trended down. Admittedly I do not know what type of money these guys are looking for. I would love for Tyni to do his comparisons to these guys with Dillon.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be bad timing for Dillon. Cook, Zeke & Hunt are currently unsigned RBs. The NFLs position on non superstar (or no longer superstar) RBs has definitely trended down. Admittedly I do not know what type of money these guys are looking for. I would love for Tyni to do his comparisons to these guys with Dillon.

I would bet all of those guys are looking for over $6M a year type deals, and each of them would garner it based solely from a production standpoint. I mean shoot, Giants are paying Zeke over $10M this year on the tag.

Cooks market IMO as best indicators is James Connor who got $7M a year on a three year deal...and believe it or not Aaron Jones' last deal at $12M a year rate is where I'd suspect he is desiring to be. Zeke is similar IMO

Hunt I personally see the Chase Edmonds or Nyheim Hines contracts in that lower $6M a year as his floor with Fournette being the one that if I'm him I'm red circling as not taking less than at $7M a year. Joe Mixon though given their production similarities is probably the guy he's eyeing, his initial contract was $12M a year for four years (4/$48M) BUT he just essentially did a two year contract now for $11.5M or just under $6M a year.....BUT the kicker is you have to factor in he already got the $10M guaranteed on his four year listed before as well...in actuality if we look at it amended he's still overall in the four year "deal" roughly a four year for around $31.5M with $14M guaranteed or just under $8M/year for back of napkin type math.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For players who are just above average, FA can get them a lot more money than they're worth. The point is that FA kinda sets the price for a position, and there isn't much deviation from that in creating new contracts.

When Adams left he was the first WR to get $30 mil. That's the new floor for elite WRs. It's probably true for the whole roster, albeit at lower prices for lesser talent. FA artificially inflates players worth IMO.

Guys are worth precisely what teams will pay. Yes atypical ones happen (Christian Kirk)...but typically speaking it is a trend line enforced by two or three recent or occurring deals.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updated the OP for reading now vs when written since thread got bumped.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leavitt is long gone & now on Denver's PS...no chance of re-signing imho

Correct I goofed that, which is even funnier cuz I tracked in the roster tracking thread that change when it happened couple weeks back. Speaking of which I need to refresh that thread.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys are worth precisely what teams will pay. Yes atypical ones happen (Christian Kirk)...but typically speaking it is a trend line enforced by two or three recent or occurring deals.
You wrote what I meant, you just did it better. A few guys establish the trend line - for WRs, it was Adams and Hill. Yeah they are at the top of their position talent-wise, but it rolls down and guys with less talent benefit. It just takes one or two teams to pay the newly inflated price.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean I’m not gonna say no lol
Well while I can only speak for myself, I think most everyone here appreciates the effort you put in to the early draft analysis. But yeah, February 12th sounds like the earliest date for serious interest. And thanks in advance.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well while I can only speak for myself, I think most everyone here appreciates the effort you put in to the early draft analysis. But yeah, February 12th sounds like the earliest date for serious interest. And thanks in advance.
That is the date traditionally that we celebrate Lincoln's birthday. It was of serious interest to me because back in the day it meant NO SCHOOL!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the date traditionally that we celebrate Lincoln's birthday. It was of serious interest to me because back in the day it meant NO SCHOOL!
This year I hope to be in the stadium again celebrating another Lombardi for the trophy case. Kids in GB will have the day off for the parade.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way off topic here, but I think Lincoln's birthday morphed into Presidents' Day. It's not a huge holiday - banks, govt, Wall Street take the day off, I think.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way off topic here, but I think Lincoln's birthday morphed into Presidents' Day. It's not a huge holiday - banks, govt, Wall Street take the day off, I think.
Pretty sure they combined Lincoln and Washington. Used to be both.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, not in my school district.