Week 17 vs. Lions

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't look like Lowry played vs Viks today. Was he hurt? We need hid motor+effort vs Lions.
Doing my best Captain imitation ;), according to pro-football-reference.com Lowry took 19 defensive snaps and 1 ST snap against the Vikes.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201612240gnb.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

The reason you didn't notice him is because his stat line was goose eggs across the board.

I've not yet been able to muster any enthusiasm for this player beyond just-a-guy-serviceable rotational player. Maybe "T-Rex" will show us something more next season in a second year jump.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But after looking bad against the lowly Eagles I'd expect him to play to win the game so his team isn't limping into the playoffs on a two game losing streak. Confidence has to be high when you go into January.

I'm not so sure. McAdoo is a new coach and I think he'll play it conservatively. He has nothing to gain, but if something were to happen to Eli or Beckham in a meaningless game, the New York media will absolutely destroy him.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll need to win to get in next week .

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that happens after a 61-yard hail mary by Rodgers to Rodgers on third and 59. ;)
Indeed. And according to our internal scholars..Rodgers then advances to 5 of 7 4th quarter passes over 40+ yards compared to a QB league average of 2/39 attempts.. the term Hail Mary is retired for "Hail Aaron" (forgive me Mother Mary for my banter for we know where all good things come from) :tup:

OP
OP
Chris398

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn -- I have a Capitals Hockey game my kids got me tickets too for a present, so I've got to go to that. It seems very likely it will be flexed later, and I need to leave early to get downtown and go to a restaurant, so I'll miss a good part of the game, unless we find a sports bar that has it on. Guess I'll be checking my iPhone a lot for updates.

Record it

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching that game this last night .... I don't know if Detroit losing was a good or bad thing. I almost had a sense that if they won they might get a bit cocky and overconfident heading into next week, and our game against them just might be ripe for the taking. I know it could be argued that giving up 42 points like that and losing by 21 could be an embarrassment and confidence deflater, but you could also say in a year like this that it's a motivating tool for them to bring an all-out effort onto the divisional title game at home. I fully expect their crowd to be amped up as well, pretty loud.

On the one hand, their O-line seemed to get exposed quite a bit, might mean a big opportunity for Clay and company to get some big sacks. And their defense didn't look good either, but hard to imagine they give up 40 plus points two weeks in a row. But still, the key for us is going to be coming away with TDs at the most critical junctures. I don't doubt we'll move the ball well against them, but it's going to mean coming away with TDs and not FGs in doing so.

I do think Detroit is more like a 6 or 7-win team that's had that extra luck propelling them to 9 wins thus far, but still in a game like this one, you just can't underestimate them.

OP
OP
Chris398

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching that game this last night .... I don't know if Detroit losing was a good or bad thing. I almost had a sense that if they won they might get a bit cocky and overconfident heading into next week, and our game against them just might be ripe for the taking. I know it could be argued that giving up 42 points like that and losing by 21 could be an embarrassment and confidence deflater, but you could also say in a year like this that it's a motivating tool for them to bring an all-out effort onto the divisional title game at home. I fully expect their crowd to be amped up as well, pretty loud.

On the one hand, their O-line seemed to get exposed quite a bit, might mean a big opportunity for Clay and company to get some big sacks. And their defense didn't look good either, but hard to imagine they give up 40 plus points two weeks in a row. But still, the key for us is going to be coming away with TDs at the most critical junctures. I don't doubt we'll move the ball well against them, but it's going to mean coming away with TDs and not FGs in doing so.

I do think Detroit is more like a 6 or 7-win team that's had that extra luck propelling them to 9 wins thus far, but still in a game like this one, you just can't underestimate them.

I was thinking if they secured a wild card spot they might not be as desperate next Sunday.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad they lost. I think it is a good thing. Them not just losing, but the way they lost I feel will be beneficial for the Packers. It's never easy to come a off a bad game like that and play good the next week, especially when the next game is (potentially) a pigtail playoff game.

As for them going into the game desperate, The Packers will also be desperate. It may just be me, but in a game with a desperate Aaron Rodgers and desperate Matthew Stafford playing to keep their seasons alive, my money is going for AR 10 our of 10 times.

Who would get second wild card if.......Redskins lose
Packers lose...........9-7
Tampa wins...........9-7

Packers would because they hold the SOS tiebreaker over the Bucks.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants, then we'll have to play the Lions again in the wild card game (unless somehow SF beats Seattle).

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants, then we'll have to play the Lions again in the wild card game (unless somehow SF beats Seattle).

The most likely scenario would put the Packers against the Giants, If Green Bay wins as well as Atlanta and Seattle. Green Bay would have the 4th seed and the Giants already have the 5th seed locked. Detroit, or Washington, would be playing in Seattle. But if Seattle, Atlanta, Washington, and Green Bay all lost, which is unlikely, Green Bay would be getting their rematch with Atlanta for the wild card as Detroit would have the 2nd seed.
If Green Bay and Washington lose and Seattle and Atlanta win, then Green Bay would be traveling to the west coast for a rematch with the Seahawks, which I don't really want to see.
If Green Bay and Seattle win and Atlanta loses, then Detroit, or Washington, would be heading to Atlanta with the Pack still hosting the Giants.
Green Bay would only play the Lions if the Packers and Atlanta won with Seattle and Washington losing or if the Lions and Atlanta won with Washington and Seattle losing.

That took way too long to figure out. I'm not doing that to myself again.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in my weekly dip onto opposing teams message boards I find myself in the Lions message boards this week. I hate going there. They are mean and have no respect for each other, let alone a fan from another fan base looking for a simple football conversation. What I found funny though is that they are already blaming the refs for next weeks game, a game that hasn't even been played yet bringing up the Samkon Gado call from over 10 years ago.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head over to Hamilton's after the Caps game. It's about a mile from Verizon Center. It will be standing room only after the game starts, but all Packer fans. Great place to go for the games.
Sell the tickets, go to a sports bar to watch the game, drink up the money you made on the hockey tickets, bring the kids a couple of "Pearson's Nut Rolls"............problem solved!