Week 17 vs. Lions

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to Larivee post game and he said the Packers are sitting in the catbird seat because the Lions are caught in between a rock and a hard place in whether how much to play their regulars against Dallas. On the one hand, the game doesn't mean anything to them as far as a division title but means everything to them as far as a wild card birth. In addition the Packers will get two more days rest than them.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to Larivee post game and he said the Packers are sitting in the catbird seat because the Lions are caught in between a rock and a hard place in whether how much to play their regulars against Dallas. On the one hand, the game doesn't mean anything to them as far as a division title but means everything to them as far as a wild card birth. In addition the Packers will get two more days rest than them.

Yeah, I don't think the Lions can afford to tank this game. No it won't win them the division, but if they drop it and drop to 9-6, and then lose to us next week plus the Redskins upsetting the Giants, they could go from being in contention for a no. 2 playoff seed to being out of the playoffs in just 3 weeks. So .... I'm thinking they go into Dallas playing to win.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All those broken legs by qbs yesterday. Can there by one more Monday night? Preferably Stafford? Not to serious tho...just enough to miss the last part of the season. I'm still holding on to hope that Dallas implodes in the playoffs.

I'm tired of this way of thinking that we need to rely on other teams missing starters in order to beat them. FFS let's beat them at full strength and that way nobody has any excuses.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants next Sunday , we should be in. Should. SOV with Tampa and all that, but we should have it. I'm sure there's a combination of results that could determine otherwise but right now we have the advantage.

If the Redskins beat the Giants, it's division title or going home for us.
But I don't want to go home!

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn -- I have a Capitals Hockey game my kids got me tickets too for a present, so I've got to go to that. It seems very likely it will be flexed later, and I need to leave early to get downtown and go to a restaurant, so I'll miss a good part of the game, unless we find a sports bar that has it on. Guess I'll be checking my iPhone a lot for updates.
Head over to Hamilton's after the Caps game. It's about a mile from Verizon Center. It will be standing room only after the game starts, but all Packer fans. Great place to go for the games.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants next Sunday , we should be in. Should. SOV with Tampa and all that, but we should have it. I'm sure there's a combination of results that could determine otherwise but right now we have the advantage.

If the Redskins beat the Giants, it's division title or going home for us.

If Detroit loses to Dallas tomorrow then the Redskins game is also big for them too. If the Redskins were to win then the game Sunday night would really be the first playoff game because whoever loses won't be playing for the playoffs. And if Atlanta loses next week too then the Lions would be playing for the second seed.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Detroit loses to Dallas tomorrow then the Redskins game is also big for them too. If the Redskins were to win then the game Sunday night would really be the first playoff game because whoever loses won't be playing for the playoffs. And if Atlanta loses next week too then the Lions would be playing for the second seed.

Personally I think Dallas will be playing to win and will beat the Lions.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with a Sunday night start I don't have to worry about the game being blacked out here. However, I will miss the great buffet at my favorite Packer bar.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, with a Sunday night start I don't have to worry about the game being blacked out here. However, I will miss the great buffet at my favorite Packer bar.
One of the few perks of working the night shift and having day one on Monday night. I get to watch this Sunday night and Badgers Monday afternoon. Did suck waking up after 3 hours sleep Saturday for the Viking game though.