Week 17 vs. Lions

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not scheduled because they planned to flex it from the get go. It's just a formality now. This is the only game that will decide a division for both participant so it's guaranteed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not scheduled because they planned to flex it from the get go. It's just a formality now. This is the only game that will decide a division for both participant so it's guaranteed.
By kickoff, it may be that both teams are in. Or it could be better luck next year for the loser. Or any combination in between. Monday's Dal - Det game is actually huge for Detroit.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants next Sunday , we should be in. Should. SOV with Tampa and all that, but we should have it. I'm sure there's a combination of results that could determine otherwise but right now we have the advantage.

If the Redskins beat the Giants, it's division title or going home for us.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the Redskins lose to the Giants next Sunday , we should be in. Should. SOV with Tampa and all that, but we should have it. I'm sure there's a combination of results that could determine otherwise but right now we have the advantage.

If the Redskins beat the Giants, it's division title or going home for us.
And we will know our fate by kickoff.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do they leave the last Sunday night open every year ? Makes sense to have a game with some meaning.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they leave the last Sunday night open every year ? Makes sense to have a game with some meaning.

Yes. Packers/Vikings was flexed to Sunday night Week 17 last year. Just makes it easier I think to not schedule a Sunday night game ahead of time knowing that it's almost for sure going to be flexed out anyway.

Squonk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn -- I have a Capitals Hockey game my kids got me tickets too for a present, so I've got to go to that. It seems very likely it will be flexed later, and I need to leave early to get downtown and go to a restaurant, so I'll miss a good part of the game, unless we find a sports bar that has it on. Guess I'll be checking my iPhone a lot for updates.

Squonk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Stafford's middle finger injury. Hoping he takes some hits Monday and aggravates it badly. I know that's mean, but that's football.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Stafford's middle finger injury. Hoping he takes some hits Monday and aggravates it badly. I know that's mean, but that's football.

All those broken legs by qbs yesterday. Can there by one more Monday night? Preferably Stafford? Not to serious tho...just enough to miss the last part of the season. I'm still holding on to hope that Dallas implodes in the playoffs.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we can run the table. But it sure would be great if the Skins lost, and we knew we were in the playoffs before the Lions game.

The only thing that sucks is that the Giants have nothing to play for. They can't move up and they can't move down. Under Coughlin they were pretty much known for playing it out every week and not resting starters, but we will see what McAdoo does.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that sucks is that the Giants have nothing to play for. They can't move up and they can't move down. Under Coughlin they were pretty much known for playing it out every week and not resting starters, but we will see what McAdoo does.

But after looking bad against the lowly Eagles I'd expect him to play to win the game so his team isn't limping into the playoffs on a two game losing streak. Confidence has to be high when you go into January.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts