2023 season finale vs the Bears: Win and in edition part deux

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel about the Bears in this game the way the late Wayne Simmons felt when he reportedly said this about the Patriots before Super Bowl XXXI:

"I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Patriots are. I watched the film. They f---ing suck."

Green Bay 27
Chicago 13
Simmons was a player that delivered. One of the best OLBs in the 4-3 that could cover the TE.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All things considered, I'm very proud of this team (except for JB) JL looked to not be the man for 4 weeks, it looks like he calmed down and played very good as of late. While it does sting to lose potential draft status, there are never any guarantees with the draft anyway. I say keep winning and screw up everything for other teams. I hope for an even longer streak of great QB play in GB, Go! Pack! Go! Let's beat those baby bears!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, it's possible the Bears will be short-handed at CB with Johnson doubtful, and another CB questionable. Maybe MLF going to go "air raid" with a lot of 4- and 5-wide sets where a 7th WR might be handy. (I'm not a fan of this, as I think they should run Aaron Jones more today. But, I'm on the couch with Cheetos stains on my beater, so what do I know...)
Musgrave is activated from IR & eligble to play & no Dillon. Possible that 2 main offensive sets would be 2-TE & 4 or 5-WR? Would certainly stress their D, but not sure if MLF would be that bold.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That guy was a monster! Haven't had a lb like him in a long time.

I distinctly remember a game against the Colts in Indy. A Colts RB tried putting a move on Simmons, but slipped a little and Simmons got hold of him. Simmons picked the guy up by his jersey and his leg and starts shaking him like a rug.

He picked up a grown man in full pads like a toy. To this day, I've never seen anything like it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I distinctly remember a game against the Colts in Indy. A Colts RB tried putting a move on Simmons, but slipped a little and Simmons got hold of him. Simmons picked the guy up by his jersey and his leg and starts shaking him like a rug.

He picked up a grown man in full pads like a toy. To this day, I've never seen anything like it.
Sure, and in no way want to diminish a guy we'd all love to have, but is WAS a RB. Think of some of the moves Reggie made against OL.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Simmons was a player that delivered. One of the best OLBs in the 4-3 that could cover the TE.
Serviceable overall, good in TE coverage. More than a bit crazy, undisciplined and not entirely reliable imo. I always considered Simmons an underachiever in relation to his very high draft status.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Simmons was a player that delivered.
My first Packers jersey as an adult.
good in TE coverage.
Without him, Butler had to cover the TE in the SB vs Denver. They lined the TE wide which took Butler out of most plays. Another reason I think we did not win.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, and in no way want to diminish a guy we'd all love to have, but is WAS a RB. Think of some of the moves Reggie made against OL.
Yeah..I still love they play where Chris Carter tried to block Reggie! Reggie threw him about 8 yards back..and he almost made Carter sack Warren Moon..somehow Reggie sacked Moon as well.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a good collection. I imagine most would skip the Eagles years, his time with the Pack starts at 10:57, the play you referenced is 13:27, and two where the other guy is an OL are at 13:01 and !3:45. Amazing agility, the strength for a standard bull rush, but these...

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a good collection. I imagine most would skip the Eagles years, his time with the Pack starts at 10:57, the play you referenced is 13:27, and two where the other guy is an OL are at 13:01 and !3:45. Amazing agility, the strength for a standard bull rush, but these...
That was SO good. Thank you. Reggie's hump move was crazy. To see guys the size of Jackie Slater and Larry Allen go flying is impressive, but some of it was Reggie using their own mass and momentum against them. Once they started sliding to one side, Reggie would hit them with the hump or swim around them, depending.

I'm sure it's just me, but I still think the sight of Simmons holding a 200lb man in full pads like a rag doll was more impressive.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything with Wayne and the Colts. Was it anything like THIS ?
Yes, that's DEFINITELY IT! Thank you for finding it.

I am so sorry, I had it placed in 1997 versus the Colts in the game they handed Lindy Infante and the Colts their first win of the 1997 season. Getting more "deal merges" as I get older.

Had to laugh at Jim Irwin calling George Koonce on the tackle, and Max McGee correcting him to tell him it was Simmons.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's DEFINITELY IT! Thank you for finding it.

I am so sorry, I had it placed in 1997 versus the Colts in the game they handed Lindy Infante and the Colts their first win of the 1997 season. Getting more "deal merges" as I get older.

Had to laugh at Jim Irwin calling George Koonce on the tackle, and Max McGee correcting him to tell him it was Simmons.
I hated that game. The Colts were terrible. We put up points but still lost. We completely shutdown Steve Young, Jerry Rice and Co. in the playoffs but get rolled over by the Colts offense. All I can figure is that Reggie let the defense go out on the town on Saturday night instead of attending his prayer meeting.

Members online

Latest posts