Vs The Cowboys?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone see us yet facing them in the playoffs?
And if we did, what do you think our chances would be?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big key would be controlling Murray. I say controlled and not stopped as nobody as stopped him yet this year.

If Murray is controlled by winning the one on one match ups up front, we could slow them down enough for Rodgers to outscore them. If we have to stack the box to slow him down, that leaves Romo and Dez with less coverage to deal with and they could have a big day.

They are a good team, but not dominating. It would be a good game. If Packers play in the playoffs like they did yesterday though, it will be tough for anyone to beat them.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East:Cowboys 6-1
NFC North: Lions 5-2
NFC West: Cardinals 5-1
NFC South: ummmm......who cares?

Wild Card: Eagles 5-1
Packers 5-2
9ers: 4-3
Seahawks 3-3

As of now the Packers are barely in the playoffs with 9 games to go, 1 game ahead of SF. Wayyyyyyyy too early to talk about the Cowboys. I'm more worried about the Eagles because that's who we have to play in the regular season.

It might take an 11-5 record to be assured of a playoff spot this year. That means 6-3 for the rest of the season. Certainly doable for the Packers. I could definitely see either the 9ers or the Hawks going 10-6, and with the NFC South sucking so bad this year, other division teams are going to have a few more wins.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few weeks ago it was well be lucky to win 8 games, this week it's how do you feel about matching up with the best record in ftball?

Oh the sway of the wind with this forum

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they are a little bit like the 2010 Falcons. Good running game, solid quarterback, but if you get ahead and force Romo to beat you, you have a great shot at winning.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said in another post... I still see our biggest hurdles as Seattle and San Fran. I'm hoping maybe they lose a few more and don't make the playoffs.

Dallas has Tony Romo and a perennially underperforming offense. Murray is the real deal. I grabbed him for the second straight year in my fantasy draft and that guy is fantastic. ...but ...did I mention they have Tony Romo?

I would pick the Packers and lay money on them right now...even if played in Dallas. If there's one thing Packer fans should have learned in the pre-Rodgers era, a QB is who his interception rate is and Tony Romo will...there is no question in my mind, gag in playoffs.

Reaction score
its not even 1/2 way into season..

Lets not count on anything yet, you maybe jinxing it!!

Yeah, a lot of football left to be played and that's just concentrating on our pending schedule ahead. A lot of intangibles are possible, like God forbid, any devastating Packer injuries which is what I fear the most. And injuries could play a key role with other teams, as well, so things could change as to how that could affect league standings. Things can turn on a dime!

As for the OP's question, though, I would think that if we were to play Dallas in the playoffs? With how well their offensive line is playing, the key of course would have to be our winning the trench battle and as other posters have stated, slowing down the run game, put them in 3rd and long having Romo under pressure to have to beat us. His track record when he is being harassed and placed into making bad decisions with throws has led to their demise. He can be quite "Cutler~esk!"

Romo has just been unconscious thus far and that includes his ability to scramble and somehow complete passes. But he is no Rodgers and if we continue to be on our game, like Carl said, we're a handful and it would be tough for anyone to beat us.....anywhere.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me that we have problems with 1) good defensive lines who have solid outside pass rushers and 2) good offensive lines that pave the way for a good rushing game. Dallas, San Fran, Seattle, Philly, Arizona, Detroit, St. Louis are some of them. Those are the type of teams that will be in the playoffs and I'm not convinced (yet) that our offensive and defensive lines are up to them. If we go 4 and 1 in the next 5 games I'll be a believer, and ask forgiveness for being a doubting Thomas.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to me that we have problems with 1) good defensive lines who have solid outside pass rushers and 2) good offensive lines that pave the way for a good rushing game. Dallas, San Fran, Seattle, Philly, Arizona, Detroit, St. Louis are some of them. Those are the type of teams that will be in the playoffs and I'm not convinced (yet) that our offensive and defensive lines are up to them. If we go 4 and 1 in the next 5 games I'll be a believer, and ask forgiveness for being a doubting Thomas.
Gotta agreee with this until proven wrong several times.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas lacks elite pass rush on defense. Their defense right now is overachieving with a bunch of no names and a cast off (Rolando McClain) - They gang tackle and fly to the ball. That is how/why they are doing "good enough" on defense for now. But teams still get splash plays on them and their run D is what I'd call average.

The teams that give us problems, are teams with elite pass rushers. Dallas does not have that. I'd like our chances.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their schedule isnt tough. They are 1-1 against teams that I would consider quality. Ill listen to an argument about the saints being a quality team but not so sure on them this season

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll lose another game or three. I just do not see the Cowboys defense holding up all season. I also expect Murray to get dinged up and miss some time.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't want it. I liked how we stomped them in 2010, yet in the playoffs, well I kind of think of them like 49er's and Giants. And sadly I'd also believe the Packers d would make Murray look like the next AP, though without AP's current problems. Not that I don't think our offense could score, just I think they could hold us to a few three and outs.

And right now Dallas has the hot hands, maybe they'll become the Lions of NFC East. Its their division to lose.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been very impressed by the Cowboys so far. So far. I'm still not convinced.
We're half way through a bizarre up and down season in the NFL; you could say with the way things- and teams fortunes- change every week that you'd have to be Nostradamus to figure out where things will end up.
And maybe even that wouldn't help.

Members online