The game vs the Patriots

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Jones had block him. He is the type of fan makes me smile when the pats layeth the smacketh down on their team lol

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why the hostility? I LOVE having opponent fans discussing pros/cons of their team and sharing info... no need to (IMHO) to trash talk.

Blocking posters: bottom of their avatar there's a "Put Me On Ignore" to click on...

Because I completely disagree with what they are saying. It's a bunch of crap. There secondary is the best in the league and there defense is so awesome and yuck yuck yuck. Browner is a slow *** and he is going to get exposed.

I like our secondary. I like our play makers on defense over there's. I like our weapons on offense. I like Rodgers over Brady.

I don't care if people think I am a homer. This game with the match ups is a total "miss match" in our favor being played at Lambeau.

So after they get "boat raced" out of Lambeau everyone can listen to Belichick say "It's on to San Diego", "It's on to San Diego", "It's on to San Diego"

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you compare the numbers (statistically) the teams are in a dead heat offensively for passing, rushing, and points scored. Both lead the league in turnovers, both given and taken. The only real separation is defensively where New England is a few spots higher in most categories except for rushing defense, which the Packers are still ranked 30th.

IMO the key will be health. If the Packers have Nick Perry and Datone Jones back to make Matthews effective at ILB as well as OLB, the Packers will be tough. If not it will be a horse race.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I completely disagree with what they are saying. It's a bunch of crap. There secondary is the best in the league and there defense is so awesome and yuck yuck yuck. Browner is a slow *** and he is going to get exposed...
That's why they're playing the game on Sunday afternoon. How does you yelling "no, we're better than you and you're wrong" further the conversation or share information?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO fans of a team currently 16th in the league in scoring defense (22.4 ppg) and 23rd in yards surrendered (371.1) should refrain from calling a team currently 12th in the league in scoring defense (20.6 ppg) and 14th in yards surrendered (350.3) a "gimmick defense".

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well averaging almost 44 points a game at home this season. I don't think I am jumping out on a limb saying were gonna score points against the Patriots "gimmick defense".

If the rest of the NFL only realized that the way to embarrass P. Manning is to put a "gimmick" defense on the other side of the ball....

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
El Guapo I think it's going be a great game. IMO going come down to which D makes the biggest play. Wether it's a TO or a big 3rd down stop.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are in first place for forced turnovers with 23, Patriots in second place with 20. The Packers are in first place for only committing 8 turnovers, Patriots in second place for only committing 9. These result in +15 and +11 turnover margins. Both are outstanding. That "biggest play" will likely be the turnover that you mentioned. Someone is going to give and likely both. Which defense can score and or put their offense in the best position to take advantage should be the victor.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO fans of a team currently 16th in the league in scoring defense (22.4 ppg) and 23rd in yards surrendered (371.1) should refrain from calling a team currently 12th in the league in scoring defense (20.6 ppg) and 14th in yards surrendered (350.3) a "gimmick defense".

Agree that NE defense has been solid and the gimmick defense comment is off the mark.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense is better than its ranking. They had two really bad games that really hurts their stats and drops them down. They have been better than the 22.4 points in 7 of 11 games and slightly above in two others.

As far as their rush defense, it only takes a couple bad games to put them in a rankings hole too big to climb out of. Seattle, Chicago game 1, and New Orleans ran very well. In the rest of the games, however, the Packers defense played much better than 30th overall. The opponents' run game has not been effective in the last 6 of 7 games.

Add in the turnovers and opponent passing rating, both very high in the rankings, and this defense looks solid.

We all know both offenses are very good. Overall, I give the edge to the Packers since the game is at Lambeau.

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl,

The same can be said for NE D as well take away the KC and Miami game and they are scary good.

I also think homefirld is important if this was at the razor I say the pats win a lot easier than I do now lol.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That's why they're playing the game on Sunday afternoon. How does you yelling "no, we're better than you and you're wrong" further the conversation or share information?

We are better then them from top to bottom. Once again people can call me a homer or biased but I have had no problem being critical of Packers or concerns. We are simply the better team and were playing at home.

As far as Gimmick defense I think they are. They can't just line up and over power you on defense. If you wanna get right down to it we kind of have a gimmick defense too. I just think ours is better of the two narrowly.

Lastly I will say it one more time. There not going to be able to disrupt Rodgers with 4 guys meaning there going to get picked apart. You can take it to the bank. This game is not going to be as close as people think.

I am out of here but will be back Monday to say "I Told you so" and for Pat's fans "It's on to San Diego".

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I need to come in here as say a couple things. ;)

The Packers are a decent Offensive Team and can score a lot of points against average Defenses.
The Patriots are a decent Offensive Team that can score a lot of points against Anyone period.

The Patriots Defense is better than the last few teams GB has faced.

Do not take the Pats Lightly at all as they can score all day and bring it all day long.

For the Packers to win this game they will have score 30+ and not make mistakes.

Is it possible? sure they are at Home and have a good record there, but I think its quite Possible the Pats continue on their Merry way and go 10-2 and run the table.

My Score Prediction this game??

NE 38 GB 29

IF GB wins the Turnover battle and doesn't give the ball away at all.

GB 36 NE 31

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I completely disagree with what they are saying. It's a bunch of crap. There secondary is the best in the league and there defense is so awesome and yuck yuck yuck. Browner is a slow *** and he is going to get exposed.

I like our secondary. I like our play makers on defense over there's. I like our weapons on offense. I like Rodgers over Brady.

I don't care if people think I am a homer. This game with the match ups is a total "miss match" in our favor being played at Lambeau.

So after they get "boat raced" out of Lambeau everyone can listen to Belichick say "It's on to San Diego", "It's on to San Diego", "It's on to San Diego"

:yawn:

Let's get creative here. This is the same ol' hashed up garbage people have been saying about the Pats for the past 14yrs. Seriously.

The only history Belichick & Brady have in Lambeau is a 35-0 "boat race" over the Pack in which they knocked Favre out of the game and broke Rodgers foot. Ouch!...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119009

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it....

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If the rest of the NFL only realized that the way to embarrass P. Manning is to put a "gimmick" defense on the other side of the ball....

It's called Peyton Manning in Cold weather. His ball can't cut wind.

This is Aaron Rodgers.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I prefer the 34-9 drubbing we have the Lions who thrashed your packers in week 3 lol.
:p