The game vs the Patriots

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last NE drive gave me the same sinking feeling that I had when Elway/Terrell Davis marched Denver up the field, killing time and keeping Favre on the sidelines in Super Bowl 32. At the 4 minute mark I was yelling at the TV/McCarthy to let NE score so that AR could have a shot at a FG drive to win before time expired.

I'm glad he didn't hear, and I'm really happy that the D stiffened and kept NE off the scoreboard. I think a lot of the young GB defenders (Daniels, Jones, Neal, Barrington, House, Dix) found that they can dig deep and rise to the occasion. While not a top 5 Defense I think this GB D is good enough to make a significant playoff run.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an AWESOME GAME! Rodgers = League MVP

MVP of the game - Devante Adams

Green Bay was by far the better team! The score should have been 38 to 21. Must do a better job in the red zone

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't call it dominated. Even if Gronk had secured that 1 last TD catch, would that 1 play alone erase the term "dominated" from the way the Packers played? If the final score was 28-26 had Gronk secured that TD pass, would it still make sense to say "Packers dominated the game, way more than the final score indicates?"

It was a cliff hanger of a game. Both teams played well. There wasn't much of a pass rush from the Pats but kudos to the Packers for pulling this one. Great game once again. Would love to see these two teams played on a neutral field, hopefully in AZ!

The Packers dominated the game aside from failing to score in the red zone. I can't remember a game in which they only gained a total of one yard in 12 plays inside the 20. If they score a TD on two of those and Crosby doesn't miss from 40 the game would have been over in the third quarter.

Peter

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a gameday pin from every game I have been to. The stupid pro shop put all the Packers Patriots pins on sale the whole weekend. My mom and I drove 4 hours up on Sunday and we're told they sold out Saturday. We who bought expensive tickets didnt get a single pin. I feel empty not having a pin. It was my mom's first game and very very special. Does anyone here have a Packers Patriots pin from the pro shop? Name your price. I am very serious.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it dominated. Even if Gronk had secured that 1 last TD catch, would that 1 play alone erase the term "dominated" from the way the Packers played? If the final score was 28-26 had Gronk secured that TD pass, would it still make sense to say "Packers dominated the game, way more than the final score indicates?"

It was a cliff hanger of a game. Both teams played well. There wasn't much of a pass rush from the Pats but kudos to the Packers for pulling this one. Great game once again. Would love to see these two teams played on a neutral field, hopefully in AZ!

and if adams had caught that touchdown...

enough with the ifs, as both sides can play that game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers dominated the game aside from failing to score in the red zone. I can't remember a game in which they only gained a total of one yard in 12 plays inside the 20. If they score a TD on two of those and Crosby doesn't miss from 40 the game would have been over in the third quarter.

If it had been the other way around, I'm sure we'd be hearing about how great the Packer D was in holding the Pats to only FGs on so many trips into the Red Zone.

D

Deleted member 6794

If it had been the other way around, I'm sure we'd be hearing about how great the Packer D was in holding the Pats to only FGs on so many trips into the Red Zone.

Well, the Patriots defense was pretty good in the red zone, got helped out by Adams drop on one occasion though.

Brady6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if adams had caught that touchdown...

enough with the ifs, as both sides can play that game.

Dude, we're talking about the inappropriate use of the term "dominating" describing the way the Packers won. Please improve your reading skills. Thanks!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, we're talking about the inappropriate use of the term "dominating" describing the way the Packers won. Please improve your reading skills. Thanks!

"dude"... since its your game of what if, if Adams caught that TD and we didnt settle for field goals we would have dominated.

How bout them apples? (do I need to spell out the cultural reference to the area your team resides or are you good?)

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
"dude"... since its your game of what if, if Adams caught that TD and we didnt settle for field goals we would have dominated.

How bout them apples? (do I need to spell out the cultural reference to the area your team resides or are you good?)
Actually ivo, we "settled" for those field goals because we actually had no choice. Just sayin...

Woulda', shoulda', coulda'.

No one dominated that game. It was probably the best game I've watched in the last two seasons.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually ivo, we "settled" for those field goals because we actually had no choice. Just sayin...

No one dominated that game. It was probably the best game I've watched in the last two seasons.

We settled for field goals as much as the pats settled when gronk couldnt catch the ball.

Sorry but i dont take kindly to opposing fans coming on here with "well if such and such happened" bc it didnt. Save that for your own forums.

Surprised a Packer fan would condone such nonsense, but each their own

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
We settled for field goals as much as the pats settled when gronk couldnt catch the ball.

Sorry but i dont take kindly to opposing fans coming on here with "well if such and such happened" bc it didnt. Save that for your own forums.

It's not nonsense. If we could have scored a TD why would we not?

Please try and be realistic.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
... Thus the original comment in response to "if gronk scored ..." Christ
But he didn't score a TD and neither could we on those field goals you claim we chose to take. We took them because we had NO CHOICE at that moment. Period.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he didn't score a TD and neither could we on those field goals you claim we chose to take. We took them because we had NO CHOICE at that moment. Period.

You couldn't be missing the point more.

What you seem to try to be arguing is actually my blatent point. There is no point in the what if game, thus me pointing out how ridiculous it is to play that game....

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
You couldn't be missing the point more.

What you seem to try to be arguing is actually my blatent point. There is no point in the what if game, thus me pointing out how ridiculous it is to play that game....
I don't play the what if game either.

No team dominated the game and it was a GREAT game. A very satisfying win. I don't stop for a second to consider what if Adams catches that TD. I don't give a rats patooty about anything that DID NOT actually happen that day.

I hope that is clear enough.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't play the what if game either.

No team dominated the game and it was a GREAT game. A very satisfying win. I don't stop for a second to consider what if Adams catches that TD. I don't give a rats patooty about anything that DID NOT actually happen that day.

I hope that is clear enough.
The only thing that's clear is your misunderstanding of the post you are so worked up about.

Some on here just like to come on here to argue, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt that we are just having a misunderstanding. Chill, it's just the internet

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's a common theme for a "select few" on this forum that they feel more enlightened or somehow "forward thinking" to constantly downplay and understate every single positive aspect of the Packers.

The Packers dropped almost 500 yards on the Pats. I don't care how anyone wants to spin that, that's no joke. Was it a blowout on the scoreboard? Nope! ... but how anyone can downplay 500 yards of offense is beyond me.

Fact is, McCarthy and Aaron are well aware at this point what they have going. They both know they need to just take the points and not take a ton of chances because they are more than capable of scoring very quickly if and when the game dictates that. Hence... taking the field goals instead of forcing balls or play calls. It was clear to me on several of those red zone throws that Rodgers was clearly not going to let the Pats come away with balls.

The Pats on the other hand couldn't get into the red zone enough to have those same chances for field goals so they, ironically enough, didn't score as many points as the Packers. Funny how that works out.

500 yards of offense dropped on the Pats. Let that sink in a minute.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a common theme for a "select few" on this forum that they feel more enlightened or somehow "forward thinking" to constantly downplay and understate every single positive aspect of the Packers.

The Packers dropped almost 500 yards on the Pats. I don't care how anyone wants to spin that, that's no joke. Was it a blowout on the scoreboard? Nope! ... but how anyone can downplay 500 yards of offense is beyond me.

Fact is, McCarthy and Aaron are well aware at this point what they have going. They both know they need to just take the points and not take a ton of chances because they are more than capable of scoring very quickly if and when the game dictates that. Hence... taking the field goals instead of forcing balls or play calls. It was clear to me on several of those red zone throws that Rodgers was clearly not going to let the Pats come away with balls.

The Pats on the other hand couldn't get into the red zone enough to have those same chances for field goals so they, ironically enough, didn't score as many points as the Packers. Funny how that works out.

500 yards of offense dropped on the Pats. Let that sink in a minute.
While our best wr was held in check for most of the game, minus 1 play. Adams had his statement game.

This team has very much evolved since week 1.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Just to jump in

your post

Brady6 said:

Dominated isnt the issue here...

Why is it okay for you to say "What if" Gronk caught the TD, but not okay to use "what if" Adams didnt drop his?

Both teams had drops of TDs...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The pats fans said what if Gronk caught that TD---Ivo countered with what if Adam caught his..

If the pats fan can use that excuse why can't a packer fan?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pats fans said what if Gronk caught that TD---Ivo countered with what if Adam caught his..

Thank you for pointing that out. It's exactly what I was speaking of.

Some consider it forward thinking. It's almost like some sort of politically correct feel good dynamic they have going on. Apparently they get lots of warm and fuzzies from doing that?

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

Both would be incorrect to do so.

What actually happened is the only thing that counts.

DISCLAIMER: The above is only one man's opinion.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still talking about this game??

Simple Pats abandoned the run way too early and it cost them more than they thought.

Too many pass pass pass punt's cost them.

I do not see them doing this game plan again if they meet the Packers in AZ.

Expect a healthy dose of Run all game with a nice dose of play action passing and screens as well. :p

Members online

Latest posts