Studs n duds Niners playoffs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is taking all the blame for the loss but I still have not heard of a ST firing yet, I’m going to get a lot of heat but! If MLF can’t get it done this up coming season then its time to move on from him, finding a good coach to come to GB will not be difficult
I see no reason why he has to create the scapegoat right away. It is just weak to my mind. I am sure the guy just feels horrible. No real need on my part to ride him out of town on a rail. Don't worry, he won't be back.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers obsession with Adams is like Favres for Sharpe. Couldn't win a superbowl until after Sharpe was done..and more balanced at wr.
It's no coincidence that some of Rodgers' best games over the last 5 years have been when Adams was out.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is taking all the blame for the loss but I still have not heard of a ST firing yet, I’m going to get a lot of heat but! If MLF can’t get it done this up coming season then its time to move on from him, finding a good coach to come to GB will not be difficult
How drunk are you right now?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really would like to hear from the other Packer receivers about not being thrown to when open
I'm sure there's plenty of discussion away from the microphones. I would hate to be a WR and be drafted by the Packers knowing it's nearly impossible to overcome Rodgers' trust issues.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol....anyone watching Bucs/Rams?

As close to perfect conditions as you could ask and Brady is struggling big time. It's just what happens when you're under constant pressure, guys aren't separating, etc.

And it's not 0 degrees.
I didn't watch it, but looks like Brady still stepped up with 2 late TD drives to tie the game.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You aren’t wrong… but the bottom line is that Rodgers chose a 40 yard pass into double coverage on 3rd down when a first down was desperately needed. I will never be convinced that that was a good decision.
Give it up, man. Some people on here literally believe Rodgers is infallible and every decision he makes is beyond reproach because he's just operating on a level that nobody else can understand. But then he admitted he should have gone to Lazard, which indicates that knew the play was there but he chose to ignore it.

It would be like Magnus Carlsen ignoring a mate in two using his knight and bishop because he just couldn't resist the urge to make a meaningless move with his queen.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Adams was out Rodgers played well running what MLF was scheming out there.

If Rodgers leaves and Love is average QB we should not be that big of a drop off. We re-sign Jaire to an extended contract and build up the defense.

I want to see this offense as MLF intended.
Absolutely. I feel like MLF has been somewhat handcuffed into compromising what he wants to do with what Rodgers wants to do. They drafted Love specifically because MLF felt he was a great fit for the kind of offense he wants to run. Love deserves a year or two with the offense tailored to his skillset before any judgment is made.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody knows who they were but Tom still threw them a shit ton of passes
I remember watching a game 3 or 4 years ago where Brady threw a fairly deep pass perfectly to some rookie/journeyman WR and the guy just flat out dropped it even though he was wide open. Brady chewed his *** hard after that play. Two plays later Brady threw the same pass and the guy caught it for a TD. Rodgers would NEVER do that. It would be an *** chewing then no more targets for you for the next three weeks.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think way too many variables to consider, as well as I don't agree that winning a Super Bowl ultimately defines that one player. Really all one has to do is look at how bad the Packers have been when Rodgers isn't on the field, to know that he is the difference maker. However, he obviously can't do it all on his own either.

My point of bringing up Matthew Stafford is pretty obvious. Most who watched him play over the years, myself included, saw a talented QB, submerged in a terrible organization. In his first year with the Rams, surrounded by so much more talent than he probably saw his entire career in Detroit, he is looking like a really good QB....great one? Not really, but he has only been there once season.

Do you think its coincidence that the Packers and Rodgers have had some of their worst games in the playoffs? They usually have their worst games in the regular season when they play top teams too. Rodgers is one guy, he can't overcome the short comings of the team, against a better opponent.
Good points. While it is warranted sometimes, I think people focus too much on one player, usually the qb. There are 12 men on the field, plus the defense & sts.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: the GM for not getting us another playmaker for the receiving corps. You look around at the teams left . They’re loaded with deep and playmaking threats. We have Dante and a bunch of possession guys. It’s just not enough, and it’s been this way for a while. Players like Samuel put pressure on the defense. But the packer offense was mostly on the defensive. Why is that? It enough offensive weapons.

studs: the pass rushers

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember watching a game 3 or 4 years ago where Brady threw a fairly deep pass perfectly to some rookie/journeyman WR and the guy just flat out dropped it even though he was wide open. Brady chewed his *** hard after that play. Two plays later Brady threw the same pass and the guy caught it for a TD. Rodgers would NEVER do that. It would be an *** chewing then no more targets for you for the next three weeks.

This 100%. AAron has basically become predictable. Can we trade for Josh Allen by the way? Guy is clutch

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s our boy Arrogant

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This 100%. AAron has basically become predictable. Can we trade for Josh Allen by the way? Guy is clutch
I still want to see what Love can do with the offense tailored around him. We drafted him because MLF wanted him. I'd like to find out why.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still want to see what Love can do with the offense tailored around him. We drafted him because MLF wanted him. I'd like to find out why.

I say have Love, try to get Lock and/or Rosen and let them battle it out... don't "hand the keys" to Love just right away

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say have Love, try to get Lock and/or Rosen and let them battle it out... don't "hand the keys" to Love just right away
Sure. Naturally you want competition, but it should be his to lose, baring a bigtime trade/signing.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that some of Rodgers' best games over the last 5 years have been when Adams was out.
Going into the game, the 49ers secondary was supposed to be a weakness. If that was true, then why couldn't any of our receivers get open? Or did they? I was too tense during the game to notice, I just noticed Rodgers kept throwing to Adams. He'd look at Adams before the play, then he'd hike the ball, then he'd throw the ball to Adams. Were the 49ers really shutting down our WRs? They doubled Adams a lot, somebody must have been open.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into the game, the 49ers secondary was supposed to be a weakness. If that was true, then why couldn't any of our receivers get open? Or did they? I was too tense during the game to notice, I just noticed Rodgers kept throwing to Adams. He'd look at Adams before the play, then he'd hike the ball, then he'd throw the ball to Adams. Were the 49ers really shutting down our WRs? They doubled Adams a lot, somebody must have been open.
Lazard was wide open and ESB was open with a good throw, both on the last play where he threw at Adams, who was not open by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played with a makeshift OL all year and it finally caught up to them. When I saw that Bakh was inactive, I thought Yosh would get the start so Turner could stay at RT. That's his best position. When I saw that he was going to LT with Kelly at RT, my first thought was last year's NFCCG. Rodgers had very few clean pockets in this game. Maybe they should have stayed with the same group they used most of the year. Kept Patrick at C and Newman at RG with Yosh at LT instead of moving guys around. At least they had some continuity.

When Jenkins went down, I had hoped it wouldn't be a fatal blow. But with Bakh not able to go, it was too much to overcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts