Studs n duds Niners playoffs

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady has a tight end (which we don’t have), and Brady has a consistently great o-line (ours was banged up all year and got manhandled last night). Those are big difference makers.
Consistently great o-line is overstating it a bit. Not only that, but Brady gets the ball out fast so often.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Was it the complete distrust of the other receivers that had Rodgers shutting them out or, were they not getting open enough, or did Rodgers think Adams would be open everytime didn’t here this at his presser

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t want to hear anymore about the advantage of GB having the #1 seed, a Myth! You have a west coast 6 seed come into your advantaged house, with your advantaged crowd, and beat you on your advantaged field with a second rate QB going up against the leagues MVP and making the plays he should have made, getting #1 seed has had its advantages for the other teams, still no news of Dayton firing
True!

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it the complete distrust of the other receivers that had Rodgers shutting them out or, were they not getting open enough, or did Rodgers think Adams would be open everytime didn’t here this at his presser
I really believe that at times AR depends to much on his pre-snap reads. He sees the defense at the line, makes his read before the snap, and to often zeroes in on that target regardless if his read was correct.

I also think AR can be very stubborn and will make up his mind that he is going to Adams and then the tunnel vision kicks in.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe that at times AR depends to much on his pre-snap reads. He sees the defense at the line, makes his read before the snap, and to often zeroes in on that target regardless if his read was correct.

I also think AR can be very stubborn and will make up his mind that he is going to Adams and then the tunnel vision kicks in.

This is it, you are right.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As I watch the Rams game, can't help to wonder if Rodgers is watching too and saying to himself "Hmmm....Matthew Stafford, he's good, but I am much better, look what he can do with all those weapons."

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I watch the Rams game, can't help to wonder if Rodgers is watching too and saying to himself "Hmmm....Matthew Stafford, he's good, but I am much better, look what he can do with all those weapons."

I mean honestly we will never know until it happens. We can only look at it objectively right now.

Consider IF:
AR goes to the Rams/Broncos/49ers next year, put in 2 years to "learn the system" and "settle in" and we should totally expect that. But if he's again a "regular season HOF qb" and stinks in the playoffs again with bad performances, then we can say the problem is him...

And now Consider IF:
Love/Lock/Rosen/or whoever comes in and we give him ~2 years to "settle in" and we are a 9 to 11 win team. But we make the playoffs and somehow the QB goes on a "hot streak" and goes to and wins the SB due to a great running game and Defense. Then we could say it was him...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean honestly we will never know until it happens. We can only look at it objectively right now.

Consider IF:
AR goes to the Rams/Broncos/49ers next year, put in 2 years to "learn the system" and "settle in" and we should totally expect that. But if he's again a "regular season HOF qb" and stinks in the playoffs again with bad performances, then we can say the problem is him...

And now Consider IF:
Love/Lock/Rosen/or whoever comes in and we give him ~2 years to "settle in" and we are a 9 to 11 win team. But we make the playoffs and somehow the QB goes on a "hot streak" and goes to and wins the SB due to a great running game and Defense. Then we could say it was him...
I think way too many variables to consider, as well as I don't agree that winning a Super Bowl ultimately defines that one player. Really all one has to do is look at how bad the Packers have been when Rodgers isn't on the field, to know that he is the difference maker. However, he obviously can't do it all on his own either.

My point of bringing up Matthew Stafford is pretty obvious. Most who watched him play over the years, myself included, saw a talented QB, submerged in a terrible organization. In his first year with the Rams, surrounded by so much more talent than he probably saw his entire career in Detroit, he is looking like a really good QB....great one? Not really, but he has only been there once season.

Do you think its coincidence that the Packers and Rodgers have had some of their worst games in the playoffs? They usually have their worst games in the regular season when they play top teams too. Rodgers is one guy, he can't overcome the short comings of the team, against a better opponent.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think way too many variables to consider, as well as I don't agree that winning a Super Bowl ultimately defines that one player. Really all one has to do is look at how bad the Packers have been when Rodgers isn't on the field, to know that he is the difference maker. However, he obviously can't do it all on his own either.

My point of bringing up Matthew Stafford is pretty obvious. Most who watched him play over the years, myself included, saw a talented QB, submerged in a terrible organization. In his first year with the Rams, surrounded by so much more talent than he probably saw his entire career in Detroit, he is looking like a really good QB....great one? Not really, but he has only been there once season.

Do you think its coincidence that the Packers and Rodgers have had some of their worst games in the playoffs? They usually have their worst games in the regular season when they play top teams too. Rodgers is one guy, he can't overcome the short comings of the team, against a better opponent.

You are somewhat correct. But I look at it like:
- We beat the Rams this year
- We bear the 49ers this year (in the regular season)
- We beat the Steelers this year
- We beat the Cardinals this year
- We beat the Bengals this year

So it's hypocritical for you to say that we couldn't beat GOOD "teams" this year, because we did.

The only difference is that we didn't do it in the Postseason. And, like usual, Aaron Rodgers was NOT as good in the postseason as he was in the regular season.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont get why Rodgers keeps trying to cram the Square peg into the round hole. In these playoff losses he never takes what the defense gives him and just auto locks on Adams everytime. I am surprised that hasnt resulted in more INTS.
he chooses sacks instead

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that he played two weeks ago in Detroit?

I obviously don't have access to Bahk's medical information, Crow. It's my own speculation which was why it was precluded with the words "I think."
I would think if he was able to play in a playoff game, he would have played.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Stop this doesn’t fit the Rodgers narrative folks claim here that even Rodgers disagreed with in his presser.

Rodgers regressed to the late MM era of just trying Hero Ball and hope for the best.

I just dont understand how he can be insanely good in the regular season and throw all of that away in the post season.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Consider IF:

And now Consider IF:
Stafford certainly didn’t get 2 years to settle in.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to amend my post. I'm giving a stud rating to ESB and Lazard. They both came through in the clutch and got open when it mattered most:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to amend my post. I'm giving a stud rating to ESB and Lazard. They both came through in the clutch and got open when it mattered most:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
They were open because the Niners were concentrating their coverage on Adams. I only wish Rodgers would have remembered that.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were open because the Niners were concentrating their coverage on Adams. I only wish Rodgers would have remembered that.

ESB was open because he beat his man clean. Lazard was open because the play worked as designed. But you're right about the 49ers. The book on Rodgers is to get him rattled and then clamp down ******* Adams even if it leaves other receivers open, because he probably won't bother looking for them anyway.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So it's hypocritical for you to say that we couldn't beat GOOD "teams" this year, because we did.
Point to where I said that we never could beat a good team this year, we obviously have beat some good teams. What I did say is "They usually have their worst games in the regular season when they play top teams too."

Now you are going to say "look where the Saints finished, so they weren't a good team and they demolished us." The Saints were a far better team in Week 1 than in week 18. The Bengals progressively got better, but they were a good team when we beat them in OT.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
ESB was open because he beat his man clean.
ESB was wide open, while running some kind of deep route. However, if you watch him, Rodgers would have hit him in the back of the head had he thrown the ball. Once ESB turned to look back, he had run himself into coverage.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ wasn't open at any point in that play until the ball was long gone. he was running thru a zone, not a target at that point and running right to a a defender. The only time he comes open the ball is gone. yes Lazard comes open, as Rodgers is winding up to toss a 40+ yard ball in frigid temps. I don't see how any one says EQ was open if they have any idea what route he's running in the concept of that play.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ wasn't open at any point in that play until the ball was long gone. he was running thru a zone, not a target at that point and running right to a a defender. The only time he comes open the ball is gone. yes Lazard comes open, as Rodgers is winding up to toss a 40+ yard ball in frigid temps.
Yeah Rodgers was winding up to throw to a double-covered Adams. If he just held on and waited, he could have hit the open Lazard.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
EQ wasn't open at any point in that play until the ball was long gone. he was running thru a zone, not a target at that point and running right to a a defender. The only time he comes open the ball is gone. yes Lazard comes open, as Rodgers is winding up to toss a 40+ yard ball in frigid temps. I don't see how any one says EQ was open if they have any idea what route he's running in the concept of that play.
You probably said that better than I did, but correct, at no time was ESB a viable target, "open" or not. It drives me crazy when people start looking at birds eye views, frame by frame and start talking about "open receivers" that the QB missed. Is the QB in the sky, looking over the field frame by frame? Is the receiver actually even looking for a ball or just running free, with his back to a QB?

Members online

Latest posts