Stud n duds Rams

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is a stud

All except for that botched play on the extra point

While I certainly put a huge part of today's win on the RBs and run game in general with the OL being physical upfront, I gotta love what our defense did.

Yeah, sometimes they make games a bit close, but they've also done a good job of shutting the door when it matters most. Some big sacks on Goff there.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud... Pam Oliver for finding more to drink than me during the game.

edit... on a more serious note... this is the second game i’ve noticed that she didn’t seem ok... truly hope she does not have some kind of medical issue.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-Line and all 3 backs (besides the Dillon fumble) were fantastic

That Lazard drop was shades of James Jones in the Super Bowl. I almost passed out because I jumped up so fast when he caught the TD.

This team can do it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and the ultimate dud by far, SPECIAL TEAMS.

Good God. You have to pray it doesn't result in 2014 again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh, and the ultimate dud by far, SPECIAL TEAMS.

Good God. You have to pray it doesn't result in 2014 again.
I swear they ride the short bus into every game. I hope that is PC to say. But they literally seem like whomever is instructing them forgets to talk about basics. I'm so done seeing Taylor return kicks. He looks as scared as a fawn in traffic.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It wasn't his kicking shoulder so he should be OK.
Lol. That is exactly what a buddy of mine typed. I responded... "True, if Tom Dempsey could kick with 1/2 a foot and a stubby arm, that pu$$y Crosby better be able to kick with a bum shoulder."

He did look ok on kickoffs after it happened.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds: 3rd Qtr of football always seems to have problems with this Qtr, Special Teams, the coach will probably be on the unemployment line after the season is over, Dropped TD passes and a throw(leave MVS alone) can’t afford to miss anything going into the championship game every made point counts, Pettine because he still has problems adjusting his Defense..
Ok everyone else is a stud.
A big Stud to the 9,000 fans who cheered the Pack on to the Championship game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds: 3rd Qtr of football always seems to have problems with this Qtr, Special Teams, the coach will probably be on the unemployment line after the season is over, Dropped TD passes and a throw(leave MVS alone) can’t afford to miss anything going into the championship game every made point counts, Pettine because he still has problems adjusting his Defense..
Ok everyone else is a stud.
A big Stud to the 9,000 fans who cheered the Pack on to the Championship game.
Those 9k were loud

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins gets his own stud for making Donald lose his cool.
I laughed a little, Donald obviously didn’t like being handled and came at him a little cheaply and Jenkins made him look like a little brother having a fit when he got under his shoulder pads. So Donald went to the face mask.

saw him throwing elbows at someone after a play later in the game too.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All except for that botched play on the extra point

While I certainly put a huge part of today's win on the RBs and run game in general with the OL being physical upfront, I gotta love what our defense did.

Yeah, sometimes they make games a bit close, but they've also done a good job of shutting the door when it matters most. Some big sacks on Goff there.
Good to see you dude. High five on the win!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laughed a little, Donald obviously didn’t like being handled and came at him a little cheaply and Jenkins made him look like a little brother having a fit when he got under his shoulder pads. So Donald went to the face mask.

saw him throwing elbows at someone after a play later in the game too.
Still a little annoyed that Aikman claims Donald is better than Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs- Everyone except those listed below

Duds- Long snapper (is it Hunter Bradley?) and Kevin King. It’s time to stop pretending Kevin King is not the worst player on this defense.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Duds- Long snapper (is it Hunter Bradley?) and Kevin King. It’s time to stop pretending Kevin King is not the worst player on this defense.
lol there are plenty of guys worse than King.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kevin King isn't going to be a Packer next season but relax. Chandon Sullivan isn't even as good at him at CB.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second best game all year, next to the Titans route.
Stud to all except the special teams.
They absolutely must address that pathetic excuse for st.
Field position is critical.

I love the production from our running backs.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second best game all year, next to the Titans route.
Stud to all except the special teams.
They absolutely must address that pathetic excuse for st.
Field position is critical.

I love the production from our running backs.
Hope Dillon’s injury isn’t too bad.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are making too much out of the 3rd quarter of this game. Offensively we had two bad series in a row in the second half but my feeling is that the second series, the one with the 2 overthrows and the drop by Lazard were kind of a screw it lets see what we can do type series. First off all three of those bad plays, the overrthrows and the drop were plays that would likely be made 8 out of 10 times and had they been made we would not even be talking about how the Rams made it close. I also think if they had come out and played that second series like they had the previous series and the first half they would have run the ball down the Rams throats and scored and again we wouldn't be talking about how the Rams made it close.

Defensively we never had two bad series in a row. If they scored, which teams do on occasion, we shut them down the next series. The Rams never built momentum that we didn't stop on the next drive. The Rams never scored on consecutive drives which is something I think you have to do if you wan to claim you have gained the momentum. If you paid any attention to the shout box you would have thought the Rams were scoring on every play on every series. They didn't and IMO they never really did make it close.

There was a period of about 7 minutes following Akers TD and the Rams punt on their next possession that I started to feel just a little uncomfortable. That TD and the fact they stopped us on our next drive was as close as I came the entire game to thinking that it might not be as easy as we made it look so far. Not so much that I was worried but until our D made that stop it was a concern. After that punt I was pretty confident that we would pull it out.

People will look for things to complain about and today they had to look really hard to find something. They expect the offense to score on every drive and they expect the defense to keep the opposing team from scoring on every drive. That simply does not happen. No, it wasn't a 40 point blowout that everyone wanted. We may have left a few points on the field through a few mistakes and we may have let them get a few points that we feel they probably shouldn't have gotten but it was a good solid beat down of a very good football team. I never really felt like the Rams were in this game.

Some will say we can't play like that against so and so and expect to win but you know what? If the Packers play like they did today I really like our chances against anybody.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think people are making too much out of the 3rd quarter of this game. Offensively we had two bad series in a row in the second half but my feeling is that the second series, the one with the 2 overthrows and the drop by Lazard were kind of a screw it lets see what we can do type series. First off all three of those bad plays, the overrthrows and the drop were plays that would likely be made 8 out of 10 times and had they been made we would not even be talking about how the Rams made it close. I also think if they had come out and played that second series like they had the previous series and the first half they would have run the ball down the Rams throats and scored and again we wouldn't be talking about how the Rams made it close.

Defensively we never had two bad series in a row. If they scored, which teams do on occasion, we shut them down the next series. The Rams never built momentum that we didn't stop on the next drive. The Rams never scored on consecutive drives which is something I think you have to do if you wan to claim you have gained the momentum. If you paid any attention to the shout box you would have thought the Rams were scoring on every play on every series. They didn't and IMO they never really did make it close.

There was a period of about 7 minutes following Akers TD and the Rams punt on their next possession that I started to feel just a little uncomfortable. That TD and the fact they stopped us on our next drive was as close as I came the entire game to thinking that it might not be as easy as we made it look so far. Not so much that I was worried but until our D made that stop it was a concern. After that punt I was pretty confident that we would pull it out.

People will look for things to complain about and today they had to look really hard to find something. They expect the offense to score on every drive and they expect the defense to keep the opposing team from scoring on every drive. That simply does not happen. No, it wasn't a 40 point blowout that everyone wanted. We may have left a few points on the field through a few mistakes and we may have let them get a few points that we feel they probably shouldn't have gotten but it was a good solid beat down of a very good football team. I never really felt like the Rams were in this game.

Some will say we can't play like that against so and so and expect to win but you know what? If the Packers play like they did today I really like our chances against anybody.
Well said

And it should been that blow out..as you stated the over throws ended drives

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

My grumbling with the 3rd Qtr is at times it seems habitual that the Packers can jump out to a great first half but just seem to unravel late in the 2nd Qtr and it bleeds over into the nasty 3rd Qtr when the D seems to get complacent and the offense out of sync, which gave life to a team the Packers were ready to blow out the building, it’s just a noticeable pattern that follows to many games, I agree with you that if the Packers can play a good as they did today and tweak a few things the Lombardi trophy will return home to GB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts