Stud n duds Rams

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
What you're actually saying is that despite the facts proving you wrong you don't care about it and rather trust your gut feeling.

Five weeks of vacation time. It's not half the year but better than what Americans are used to.
Well what facts that you didn’t quote were wrong, the stats or the 2nd 3rd qtr meltdowns, my gut has nothing to do with what my eyes have seen all season long

D

Deleted member 6794

Well what facts that you didn’t quote were wrong, the stats or the 2nd 3rd qtr meltdowns, my gut has nothing to do with what my eyes have seen all season long

You said that the Packers struggle in the third quarter, which isn't true taking a look at points scored.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe a single stat tracker will say MVS had a drop. Lazard will get one.

If they do give MVS a drop for the endzone throw that is ludacris. Literallt only could get last inch of fingers on it, terrible throw, rare but terrible thrown out of 12

I thought the overthrow was the one along the sideline that sailed out of bounds on Rodgers?

The one in the end zone was a drop...maybe not in peewee football or something but in the nfl you gotta make that play far more often than not. I bet mvs believes he should of caught it and you know Rodgers does...

During the game you could see Rodgers say "catch the fkin ball". It was after Lazard dropped the short pass on 3rd down near the goaline. And the defender had good coverage got his hands in there but in the end it hit both of lazards hands and it was a drop.

I guess maybe I'd be considered a tough grader but if you get your hands on the ball and don't catch it that's a drop. Even if the defender knocks it out after you got your hands on it, still should be called a drop once you touch it if you don't catch it, that's a drop. This is the big leagues you gotta make tough plays that's why you get paid...

D

Deleted member 6794

The one in the end zone was a drop...maybe not in peewee football or something but in the nfl you gotta make that play far more often than not. I bet mvs believes he should of caught it and you know Rodgers does...

MVS could have caught that ball but it would have been a tough one. In my opinion Rodgers should be mostly to blame for it ending up as an incompletion and definitely shouldn't be considered a drop.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a stat similar to drops that QBs are graded on? Im not talking about running for your life throwing across your body and missing by a few inches I'm talking about standing still with your feet planted no defender in sight on either end and throwing it into the dirt or sailing it over the WRs head. Just a bad pass on the QBs part.

The sideline pass and the endzone pass were much more on Rodgers than MVS. On the endzone pass yes MVS should make that catch and my guess is more often than not he does. I'm sure MVS does feel like he should have caught it but I'm also sure Rodgers thinks he should have thrown it better as well. Its not always as simple as if he gets his hands on it he should catch it.

Has anyone looked to see if MVS and Lazard were given drops like Tiny mentioned because he is probably right. MVS gets none and Lazard gets one. That's the way I would score it.

I think most fans are much tougher graders than the stat people. That's why someone can say so and so has way to many drops and you look it up and he has 5 or 6 on the year. Obviously drive killers and missed TDs stick out in our minds more than a random drop on first down on a drive that results in a TD anyway but they don't differentiate in the stats.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
You said that the Packers struggle in the third quarter, which isn't true taking a look at points scored.
I’m not commenting on pts scored, I’m talking consistent play, yes they score pts in the 3rd QTR but time again they don’t overwhelm a team to have the game put away, no matter the pts put up by the Packers opponents seem to gain enough ground to make the game closer than it really should be, a problem plaguing them most of the season which brought MLF saying their is a problem in second half play, I hope Sunday will put this to bed and send the Pack to the SB with no problem

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS could have caught that ball but it would have been a tough one. In my opinion Rodgers should be mostly to blame for it ending up as an incompletion and definitely shouldn't be considered a drop.

Maybe I'm thinking of a previous game I guess cuz I just watched a highlight package and didn't see it but it also didn't show the Lazard drop on the shot play. It did show the Lazard short drop tho so idk. I don't have access to the full game...

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m not commenting on pts scored, I’m talking consistent play, yes they score pts in the 3rd QTR but time again they don’t overwhelm a team to have the game put away, no matter the pts put up by the Packers opponents seem to gain enough ground to make the game closer than it really should be, a problem plaguing them most of the season which brought MLF saying their is a problem in second half play, I hope Sunday will put this to bed and send the Pack to the SB with no problem

Once again, points scored is actually the only thing that matters and you're wrong that the Packers struggle in the third quarter.

Members online

Latest posts