Playoff Scenarios

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would rather The Packers play the 9ers than the Saints.

Be careful what you wish for. I wanted the Colts to play the Jets last year in the playoffs and so did most Pats fans want the Jets after they disposed of Indy. oops.

Not saying the Niners can beat the Pack (I would hands down pick GB) but I think it could be an interesting game. Honestly come on people. Who does not want the inevitable Rodgers vs. Alex Smith playoff game? I do!!!

I don't know who would win right now in a Niners/Saints divisional game. If the Saints won though thats a lot of traveling for them between that game and then a potential trip back to Green Bay.

The Saints lost to the Seahawks last year on the road in the playoffs (lmao) there is no reason why the Niners can't finish them off as well. I would not touch a Saints/Niners game though if I was betting. But, in a way it might remind me of when the Saints went to Chicago in 2006 for the NFCCG. I picked the Bears but everyone was going gah gah over the Saints.

We'll see. The bigger question is WHO the Pack get in the divisional round? A lot of crap combos to contemplate for that game. I am personally kinda hoping that the Cowboys still win the East and win the WC round so that we can see Romo in Green Bay do something dumb. I like entertainment value in the playoffs.

Another thing is that in the final 4 games the Niners can't lose more then 1 game. They can afford a loss to the Steelers but two losses will drop them to #3 if the Saints win out. If the Saints/Niners both finish 13-3 the Niners are the second seed.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Me too, cause one don't have a good offense, I'm actually thinking the Saints would massacre our defense after how good they've played the last few weeks. We'd give up over 500 yards against them, 300 in the first half.

None of this matters though in January. All that would matter is how the Pack D performs and shows up in the playoffs and they may raise the intensity level in the big games. You and I both know the Packers certainly have the potential to show up on D at times. If they do the Saints are toast and the Saints are kinda road chokers.

And I will take Rodgers over Brees 10 times out of 10.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. I wanted the Colts to play the Jets last year in the playoffs and so did most Pats fans want the Jets after they disposed of Indy. oops.

Not saying the Niners can beat the Pack (I would hands down pick GB) but I think it could be an interesting game. Honestly come on people. Who does not want the inevitable Rodgers vs. Alex Smith playoff game? I do!!!

I don't know who would win right now in a Niners/Saints divisional game. If the Saints won though thats a lot of traveling for them between that game and then a potential trip back to Green Bay.

The Saints lost to the Seahawks last year on the road in the playoffs (lmao) there is no reason why the Niners can't finish them off as well. I would not touch a Saints/Niners game though if I was betting. But, in a way it might remind me of when the Saints went to Chicago in 2006 for the NFCCG. I picked the Bears but everyone was going gah gah over the Saints.

We'll see. The bigger question is WHO the Pack get in the divisional round? A lot of crap combos to contemplate for that game. I am personally kinda hoping that the Cowboys still win the East and win the WC round so that we can see Romo in Green Bay do something dumb. I like entertainment value in the playoffs.

Another thing is that in the final 4 games the Niners can't lose more then 1 game. They can afford a loss to the Steelers but two losses will drop them to #3 if the Saints win out. If the Saints/Niners both finish 13-3 the Niners are the second seed.

I don't want to play New Orleans, and I really think they would beat the Niners in SF. The Saints have dominated them in the past in San Francisco ever since they moved to the NFC South.

It's not just that though, the Niners have not played many good teams this year. Once they make the playoffs, I'm not sure if they are going to show up. I really feel like they are the Falcons this year, like last year, you win all those games and get blown out in the first round. Compared to strength of schedule, the Packers and Saints had far harder games than the Niners, and while they say "We blew out Tampa Bay, they didn't", the Saints play the Panthers, Falcons and Buc's whom give them a hard time, the 49ers play 3 terrible teams that are going to be lose 10 or more games this year.

I do know for sure, I'd take this Saints offense over their 2009 offense. They don't have Reggie Bush, whom was very overrated. They have a 3 RB attack now, and Jimmy Graham is a go to guy where Jeremy Shockey was very durable in his last few years. If they still had Darren Sharper, and if Tracy Porter was still a pick machine like he was a few years ago, they would really be dreadful in the playoffs. But they have the offense to match against Green bay's defense. They would easily shred us to pieces.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have nightmares thinking about Brees.

You worry too much, Dan. The Saints fans should also be having nightmares over Aaron in Green Bay on the big stage if that game happens.

D

Dan115

None of this matters though in January. All that would matter is how the Pack D performs and shows up in the playoffs and they may raise the intensity level in the big games. You and I both know the Packers certainly have the potential to show up on D at times. If they do the Saints are toast and the Saints are kinda road chokers.

And I will take Rodgers over Brees 10 times out of 10.

Yes, it is all on The Packer D to step up their play.Rodgers will score 40. The Packer D will give up----???

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't want to play New Orleans, and I really think they would beat the Niners in SF. The Saints have dominated them in the past in San Francisco ever since they moved to the NFC South.

It's not just that though, the Niners have not played many good teams this year. Once they make the playoffs, I'm not sure if they are going to show up. I really feel like they are the Falcons this year, like last year, you win all those games and get blown out in the first round. Compared to strength of schedule, the Packers and Saints had far harder games than the Niners, and while they say "We blew out Tampa Bay, they didn't", the Saints play the Panthers, Falcons and Buc's whom give them a hard time, the 49ers play 3 terrible teams that are going to be lose 10 or more games this year.

I do know for sure, I'd take this Saints offense over their 2009 offense. They don't have Reggie Bush, whom was very overrated. They have a 3 RB attack now, and Jimmy Graham is a go to guy where Jeremy Shockey was very durable in his last few years. If they still had Darren Sharper, and if Tracy Porter was still a pick machine like he was a few years ago, they would really be dreadful in the playoffs. But they have the offense to match against Green bay's defense. They would easily shred us to pieces.

I understand your fear but let's also worry about it more if the game actually happens. The Saints would likely have to win TWO playoff games just to play the Pack. And the Pack still have to win one of their own.

Bogart, you are surrounded by Saints fans all the time right? I know you like the Saints but that can be rough IMO. You will hear all the love on them and the fear will grow stronger.

D

Dan115

Saints fans don't travel like Packer Backers. Then again most fans don't travel like Packer fans.

D

Dan115

Scenario:
Four of the next five Saints games will be played in a dome. This includes a wildcard game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's not just many Packers fans worried over the Saints. I see many fans of AFC teams (Pats/Colts) hyping up the Saints to maybe beat the Packers as well. Many of these same people though were high on the Lions knocking off GB earlier this year so who knows what they know. (they often don't know much)

Oh well, a little disrespect won't hurt the Packers either. I like to see Aaron with a nice chip on his shoulder.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Scenario:
Four of the next five Saints games will be played in a dome. This includes a wildcard game.

Well now isn't that just special. For weeks now the Saints will be able to dome it up hard core.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
YES, then to SF and winner to Lambeau.

And then the freezing cold bites them in the rears like Michael Vick visiting an animal shelter.

OT a bit but I read on another forum that Brees and the Saints (according to sources) are pretty far apart in contract negotiations right now.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, so if the packers retain number 1, niners get 2 and saints 3... how will the playoff picture look?>

What if saints get number 2 seed and niners 3?

I kinda want to see rodgers go head to head with brees... mainly because it would be exciting and rodgers will beat brees

D

Dan115

Hmm, so if the packers retain number 1, niners get 2 and saints 3... how will the playoff picture look?>

I kinda want to see rodgers go head to head with brees... mainly because it would be exciting and rodgers will beat brees

Packers D will have to step up their game.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints make me nervous. REALLY nervous! The Niners NEED to win 3 out of their next 4 to guarantee homefield advantage and a bye to rest up and get healthy for them.

They put up 40 points against Houston in week 3. And Houston is second in points allowed only to the Niners. Our run D is better than Houston's but their pass D is better. The Saints have the best passing game in the league. But their running game is ranked right behind the Niners at #8. That's pretty ominous.

Luckily, their defense sucks hind ***. Their rush D ranks 16th while their pass D ranks 30th. Even Alex Smith should have a field day with that.

If the Niners are going to beat the Saints, they'll need EVERYONE healthy and playing their best football of the entire year.

We may go "one and done". But if we can beat the Saints... :whistling::D

D

Dan115

The Saints make me nervous. REALLY nervous! The Niners NEED to win 3 out of their next 4 to guarantee homefield advantage and a bye to rest up and get healthy for them.

They put up 40 points against Houston in week 3. And Houston is second in points allowed only to the Niners. Our run D is better than Houston's but their pass D is better. The Saints have the best passing game in the league. But their running game is ranked right behind the Niners at #8. That's pretty ominous.

Luckily, their defense sucks hind ***. Their rush D ranks 16th while their pass D ranks 30th. Even Alex Smith should have a field day with that.

If the Niners are going to beat the Saints, they'll need EVERYONE healthy and playing their best football of the entire year.

We may go "one and done". But if we can beat the Saints... :whistling::D

You can do it. Beat the aints and we will welcome you to Lambeau.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

1.Assuming the Saints won their Wildcard game, they'd have to go through the 49ers to get to the Packers. Is why (as the standings are now) I hope that the 49ers remain #2.

2.Same thing the other way, except obviously Saints would play at home 9ers have to play the wildcard and if they win, play at the dome.. (sorry 9ers fans, don't see it).. You best get the #2 seed.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I understand your fear but let's also worry about it more if the game actually happens. The Saints would likely have to win TWO playoff games just to play the Pack. And the Pack still have to win one of their own.

Bogart, you are surrounded by Saints fans all the time right? I know you like the Saints but that can be rough IMO. You will hear all the love on them and the fear will grow stronger.

Most Saints fans around me stay worried about the Packers and most of all, the Falcons. They know they could easily lose to Atlanta, whom gives them 100% anytime they play. 9 out of 10 times the Falcons don't make the playoffs, and the Saints do, they still give them a run for their money.

I'm around Saints fans 24/7, not as bad as being around Auburn fans last year, or better yet Steeler fans.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Unless the Niners completely blow it I think they will retain #2. The top 3 look pretty set...Pack/Niners/Saints. The Niners better do what they can do hold onto #2. If both the Saints/Niners finish 13-3 I read the Niners have the tiebreaker and it's because one of their losses is to the AFC.

4 through 6 is a freaking mess right now.

Funny though, I have a friend who once in a while has a football dream. She is a Saints fan who also is a fan of the Colts (rough SB a few years ago for her). Before the Colts/Saints SB she had a dream the Saints won and a pick 6 was involved. Kinda creepy it worked out that way......
She had a dream days ago that it was the Saints at Packers for the NFCCG. She does not know who won though.

Lauren, I know you are on the forum right now. Come out and say hi lol.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most Saints fans around me stay worried about the Packers and most of all, the Falcons. They know they could easily lose to Atlanta, whom gives them 100% anytime they play. 9 out of 10 times the Falcons don't make the playoffs, and the Saints do, they still give them a run for their money.

I'm around Saints fans 24/7, not as bad as being around Auburn fans last year, or better yet Steeler fans.
the saints have historically OWNED atlanta.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Even Alex Smith should have a field day with that.
Hey you never know. I am not sure if the game is on the line I truly will trust Alex Smith though to win it if it has to be on his arm..

Everyone wants Rodgers/Brees to fight it out for the SB now it seems. I am still on the Niners side though for at least one playoff game. I still love me some Jim Harbaugh but if he wins and goes head to head against GB forget it, sorry Jim. ;)

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the Niners completely blow it I think they will retain #2. The top 3 look pretty set...Pack/Niners/Saints. The Niners better do what they can do hold onto #2. If both the Saints/Niners finish 13-3 I read the Niners have the tiebreaker and it's because one of their losses is to the AFC.

4 through 6 is a freaking mess right now.

Funny though, I have a friend who once in a while has a football dream. She is a Saints fan who also is a fan of the Colts (rough SB a few years ago for her). Before the Colts/Saints SB she had a dream the Saints won and a pick 6 was involved. Kinda creepy it worked out that way......
She had a dream days ago that it was the Saints at Packers for the NFCCG. She does not know who won though.

Lauren, I know you are on the forum right now. Come out and say hi lol.

Hi! ;) Yes I did dream that it was a Saints/Packers NFCCG. And I really think that'll happen. I also think Packers fans worry too much about the Saints though, honestly. If the Packers were visiting the Dome, it might be a different story, but I just don't see the Saints doing well in Lambeau. Those southern boys don't like the cold. The ****ing game in Chicago in '06 still gives me the *******. Hate the Bears, ugh.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Hi! ;) Yes I did dream that it was a Saints/Packers NFCCG. And I really think that'll happen. I also think Packers fans worry too much about the Saints though, honestly. If the Packers were visiting the Dome, it might be a different story, but I just don't see the Saints doing well in Lambeau. Those southern boys don't like the cold. The ****ing game in Chicago in '06 still gives me the *******. Hate the Bears, ugh.

Not to mention in the cold in Green Bay, Sean Payton's repaired knee might freeze up and really ache and effect his coaching.

Advantage Packers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts