3) CHI loss + DET loss

Green Bay clinches a playoff spot:
1) GB win
2) GB tie + CHI loss or tie
3) CHI loss
4) ATL loss
5) DET loss
6) NO loss + ATL tie

Also, the 49ers clinch their division with a win or losses by both Arizona and Seattle.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB clinches #1 seed if:
  • GB wins 4 of their next 5 if SF wins out.
  • GB wins 3 of their next 5 if SF loses against Pittsburgh.
  • GB wins twice and SF loses twice (can happen as soon as Dec. 9th)
  • SF loses the rest of their games.
That is, assuming no other NFL teams take over SF's position.

OP
OP
Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that, as long as we keep winning, the 49ers keep winning. That way two things happen: one, the Saints are forced to go to San Francisco in the divisional round, and two, we have more incentive to keep winning instead of turning into the 2009 Colts.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that, as long as we keep winning, the 49ers keep winning. That way two things happen: one, the Saints are forced to go to San Francisco in the divisional round, and two, we have more incentive to keep winning instead of turning into the 2009 Colts.

The Saints have never won a playoff game outside. They couldn't even beat a 7-9 team in an outside stadium, and all 3 losses have been on the road. That'll probably mean that the 49ers beat them then head to Lambeau Field for the NFCCG. This scenario can even be reached if SF loses to Pittsburgh and both teams go 13-3, since they'll be undefeated within their division (NO lost to TB earlier).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9ers do have an easy schedule but raqms d-line can give them fits, Seattle to I wouldn't count those wins well okay with their o-lines I guess you could,just not worried of who we play think the pack know what they have to do,and think they can do it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- Packers
#2- 49ers

#3- Saints
#4- Cows
#5- Bears
#6- Falcons

Wildcard:
Atlanta @ New Orleans
Chicago at Dallas

Divisional Playoff Round:
New Orleans at San Francisco
I too can see the Niners slowing down the Saints on that slow track out there, and Frank Gore and the Niners ground game winning the TOP battle about 38 to 22 minutes.
But stopping Sproles and Jimmy Graham, plus Colston, Lance Moore, etc.... that's a tough assignment.

Bears or Cows at Green Bay
I live in Dallas. I'd love to beat the Cows.... but I'd hate to lose to the Cows too, for my 3rd & 4th grade kids mostly, at school would be tough. A lot of times, the team getting the bye comes out rusty, and loses despite being at home.

The Bears with Cutler were playing great. But that changes with Hanie. Their defense and running game are still outstanding. They should be able to win enough games with that schedule to outduel the Lions and Giants for the wildcard, and the Bears beat Atlanta H2H this season.

NFCCG:
Saints or Niners at Packers
Everyone right now is projecting the Saints and Packers, which would be a battle of great QBs and great offenses.
The weather would play a key roll.
If it's decided by the ground game, who has the advantage there?
Ingram, Thomas, and Sproles? Or Starks & Grant? Who will be injured by then?

Remember the opening week, came down to the final play. What a game. That was warm perfect weather.
I still have that game on DVR... need to re-watch it. What a game it was.
But we had Nick Collins back there, our QB back deep. Sucks to lose Nick.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If the Saints play the 49ers in the playoffs, I am taking New Orleans in a heart beat.

The Niners may slow Brees down, but they aren't going to fully shut them down. 49ers have not played anyone that is a super team this year besides the Ravens defense, we thought the Giants were before we remembered how they always collapse. I think once they make the playoffs they are going to get blown out because they have not been playing good teams this year. The NFC West has 3 other teams that all are going to have 10 or more loses piled up at the end of the year, absolutely no competition like the Packers have with Detroit and Chicago.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If the Saints play the 49ers in the playoffs, I am taking New Orleans in a heart beat.

The Niners may slow Brees down, but they aren't going to fully shut them down. 49ers have not played anyone that is a super team this year besides the Ravens defense, we thought the Giants were before we remembered how they always collapse. I think once they make the playoffs they are going to get blown out because they have not been playing good teams this year. The NFC West has 3 other teams that all are going to have 10 or more loses piled up at the end of the year, absolutely no competition like the Packers have with Detroit and Chicago.

Saints at Packers for the title game sounds right to me in many ways even though for the sake of our Niner friend I would not mind seeing the Niners advance at least one round either.

Would be a good game and it would remind me a lot of when the Colts played the Pats in the SB opener several years ago and had to go back in January. In fact it was a very close game in the opener but in the playoffs the Colts got their rear ends handed to them.......

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year the experts do this.
Start creating playoff pictures.
"If this team wins this game and this team loses and Mars is aligned with Jupiter and this jigsaw puzzle is completed then team A just might face team L in the playoffs. On the other hand if..... etc"
It's enough to make my head spin.
I just let it ride and wait to see who plays who instead of coming up with the scenarios now.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Every year the experts do this.
Start creating playoff pictures.
"If this team wins this game and this team loses and Mars is aligned with Jupiter and this jigsaw puzzle is completed then team A just might face team L in the playoffs. On the other hand if..... etc"
It's enough to make my head spin.
I just let it ride and wait to see who plays who instead of coming up with the scenarios now.

Then why did you bother to read this thread?

OP
OP
Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now with division title in hand, it's on to clinching a first-round bye. The Packers clinch a first-round bye with:

1. GB win
2. NO loss
3. GB tie + NO tie

Other stuff:
  • 1 more win clinches a tie for the most wins in a season in franchise history.
  • 2 more wins clinches a new record for most wins in a season in franchise history.
  • For the best record in franchise history, it would take winning out - to beat the undefeated, once-tied 1929 team.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think the Saints are going to win out and finish 13-3, and if they do, better be worried because their offense looks better than it did in 2009. Our defense let the Giants average offense shred them to pieces, but if it's the Saints, whom know exactly what they're doing on offense, they'll definitely rip us a new one.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the Saints are going to win out and finish 13-3, and if they do, better be worried because their offense looks better than it did in 2009. Our defense let the Giants average offense shred them to pieces, but if it's the Saints, whom know exactly what they're doing on offense, they'll definitely rip us a new one.

On the flip side the Packers O can also rip the Saints D a new one as well. I look at this way. The Saints are scary but usually just in their dome. They can be dangerous on the road but not nearly as much. They are much like the old Colts, the D does not travel and neither does the O in the cold. When the Colts played the Saints in the SB they pretty much were playing their brothers of the NFC.
I still don't trust the Saints on the road. Under Brees have they ever even won a road playoff game?

If they end up SF it will be interesting since the weather will be fine. You know the Niners plan will be to run the ball and run it heavily against the Saints to control TOP and keep Brees off the field. They can't win a shoot out with the Saints. And honestly the Niners can do it if they can play ball control since they have the D to hold the Saints to a few FGs and to limit their run game. The Saints D cannot even come close to what Baltimore did to the Niners O in terms of stopping their run game and limiting the passing game by dominating their o line.

It would not shock me at all right now if the Saints win the WC round in total domination at home then lose a close one in SF. Something tells me the Niners will be in a better spot if they are under looked heavily and they can play the us vs. the world role.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
On the flip side the Packers O can also rip the Saints D a new one as well. I look at this way. The Saints are scary but usually just in their dome. They can be dangerous on the road but not nearly as much. They are much like the old Colts, the D does not travel and neither does the O in the cold. When the Colts played the Saints in the SB they pretty much were playing their brothers of the NFC.
I still don't trust the Saints on the road. Under Brees have they ever even won a road playoff game?

If they end up SF it will be interesting since the weather will be fine. You know the Niners plan will be to run the ball and run it heavily against the Saints to control TOP and keep Brees off the field. They can't win a shoot out with the Saints. And honestly the Niners can do it if they can play ball control since they have the D to hold the Saints to a few FGs and to limit their run game. The Saints D cannot even come close to what Baltimore did to the Niners O in terms of stopping their run game and limiting the passing game by dominating their o line.

It would not shock me at all right now if the Saints win the WC round in total domination at home then lose a close one in SF. Something tells me the Niners will be in a better spot if they are under looked heavily and they can play the us vs. the world role.

Saints have never won a playoff game on the road in their franchise history. Even when Mora was there, they would lose on the road.

I really don't think the Niners would beat the Saints, because they have not played good offenses all year, except the Lions, in which they barely beat.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints have never won a playoff game on the road in their franchise history. Even when Mora was there, they would lose on the road.

I really don't think the Niners would beat the Saints, because they have not played good offenses all year, except the Lions, in which they barely beat.

plus even when they played a semi decent offense with Baltimore they got beat. That was more credit to Baltimore D though with the 9 sacks.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
plus even when they played a semi decent offense with Baltimore they got beat. That was more credit to Baltimore D though with the 9 sacks.

Yeah that's true. They are going to do like the Falcons last year. Win 13 games on a real easy schedule, get blown out at home by 30 points in the first round. Just look at their schedule. They have only 2 teams we know will make the playoffs ( Ravens, Steelers) and then 3 that are average teams (Giants, Lions, Cowboys) and they did lose to Dallas, at home.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. They are going to do like the Falcons last year. Win 13 games on a real easy schedule, get blown out at home by 30 points in the first round. Just look at their schedule. They have only 2 teams we know will make the playoffs ( Ravens, Steelers) and then 3 that are average teams (Giants, Lions, Cowboys) and they did lose to Dallas, at home.

Im still unsure about the 49ers,
I will make my decision after the Steelers game, thats a team with a top 10 offense imo and have the no.1 defense.
Plus they are playing at home so if they get beat I'd expect the same in the playoffs

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would rather The Packers play the 9ers than the Saints.

Me too, cause one don't have a good offense, I'm actually thinking the Saints would massacre our defense after how good they've played the last few weeks. We'd give up over 500 yards against them, 300 in the first half.

D

Dan115

Me too, cause one don't have a good offense, I'm actually thinking the Saints would massacre our defense after how good they've played the last few weeks. We'd give up over 500 yards against them, 300 in the first half.

I agree. I just hope the 9ers can beat the Saints in SF.

Members online

Latest posts