Playoff Scenarios

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id hate to see Niners go for Manning, I think it would be a flop.
That's the way I look at it. I really don't want him. It would feel like a desperate attempt to buy a Superbowl and I don't think he'd want to follow Harbaugh's system in favor of his own plays anyway.

I don't know what the answer is to our QB situation. I just hope that when they re-sign Alex that they don't gaurantee him the starting position and make him compete for it instead. If Kaepernick is really better, I want him in there.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That's the way I look at it. I really don't want him. It would feel like a desperate attempt to buy a Superbowl and I don't think he'd want to follow Harbaugh's system in favor of his own plays anyway.

I don't know what the answer is to our QB situation. I just hope that when they re-sign Alex that they don't gaurantee him the starting position and make him compete for it instead. If Kaepernick is really better, I want him in there.

I am sure Harbaugh would not mind having Luck. But, I think Luck is starting to look comfy in a Colts uniform.:D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, just so I can wrap my head around this:

If the 49ers lose on Monday night, is that when the Packers secure HFA? Here is how I come to that conclusion:

Packers: As of right now 13-1. The worst we can end up is 13-3. If we win at least 1 of our last 2 games we can be 14-2, giving us the best record in the NFC. We win the final two (of course THAT is my preferred outcome.) we are 15-1 and STILL have the best record in the NFC.

Saints: As of right now 11-3. Best they can end up is 13-3, but the Packers beat the Saints in week 1. That gives the lead to the Packers, right?

49ers: As of right now 10-3. The best they can end up is 13-3. If they lose on Monday, the best they can end up is 12-4.

So, if the niners lose we lock up HFA, right? If they win, then what? Does it come down to points scored? How does that work?

Thanks for any and all insight!

--Rob.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Right. I remember reading that IF the Niners win all three of their games and the Packers lose both games then home-field advantage goes to the Niners... something about they will have more conference wins. But since the Niners are three games behind us, even if both of us lose at the same time we'll still have one more win and they won't be able to catch us. They have to win all, and we have to lose all.

So to map it out...

Packers lost today. 13-1. If they lose next weekend, they'll be 13-2 with one game to go. Niners are currently 10-3. If they lose tomorrow, they'll be 10-4 with two games to go and no way to catch us even if we lose both games and they win. We can wrap HFA up tomorrow. Lets say they win tomorrow. Their record would be 11-3 to our 13-1. Next weekend, we both win. 12-3 vs. 14-1 with one game to go. They can't catch us. Lets say we both lose next weekend. Then it's 11-4 vs. 13-2 with one game to go. They still can't catch us.

(My brain hurts).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts