Packers vs Eagles post-game thread.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the game with a Philly fan sitting right next to me. I couldn't stop laughing when JR Reid (from USF) dove for the punt. This made my weekend. (Along with my school, USF, beating Auburn!!!)

Same...

I sent about 30 text messages in the last hour...not to rub it in...well actually to rub it in...to those few who rubbed it in my way for all of those packer losses

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
We had sloppy offense but the Eagles ineptitude was what saved us. Sure we went toe-to-toe with a Super Bowl contender, but they we're not on their game. They made quite a few stupid mistakes. Elite teams do not have those problems.

The Pack got a break.

The D was awesome and Crosby is fantastic too, but there are so many problems with the offense they have to address FAST if they want to be in the hunt come December.

Disagree. Everyone makes mistakes. Elite teams capitalize on others' mistakes.

Well said! WELL F@#KING SAID!!!!!!

I'm still a little over-juiced about this win, but man our DST stifled them all day, overcame some adversity when the O (which did look abysmal) turned it over....

A win's a win. I'll take it and let's hope we improve as each week goes on. Cause that's the greatest upside of a 'young, inexperinced team'.

EDIT: I'm a little drunk and probably shouldn't be driving OR posting.

Somebody take my keys. And my laptop.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We had sloppy offense but the Eagles ineptitude was what saved us. Sure we went toe-to-toe with a Super Bowl contender, but they we're not on their game. They made quite a few stupid mistakes. Elite teams do not have those problems.

The Pack got a break.

I informed the people of PF.com of this last week.
The Packers WILL win. My source advised me the Eagles will not play to their potential. However, their second game they will rebound and destroy their competition.

:)

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any love for Jarrett Bush??

I disagree that Philly wasn't on their game. They made mistakes but we did too. McNabb had a good, good game. A less mobile QB would've been sacked about 6 times.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that damn McNabb is unbelievable, he reverses his field maybe once or twice, big play. He never goes down.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was the Eagles stupidity on special teams that won us the game.

While the defense played well, McNabb was still in a bit of a rhythm and I noticed that the run defense didn't look spectacular either.

Now Harris is playing with one arm. And A.J. Hawk? He didn't do anything.

I'll take a win anytime though. But they gotta step up the game.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

The Pack got a break.

The D was awesome and Crosby is fantastic too, but there are so many problems with the offense they have to address FAST if they want to be in the hunt come December.

Disagree. Everyone makes mistakes. Elite teams capitalize on others' mistakes.

Elite teams also force other teams to make mistakes

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in past years we have had alot of trouble when it comes to late fourth quarter with our defense facing a stop. they looked impressive today handling 2 late drives by the eagles...if anything they looked pumped up and alot fresher than the eagles did. thats a good sign...

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time deciding who was the player of the game: Crosby? Jolly? No... wait... I got it: GREG LEWIS!!!

That clown gave us the game. I mean, the Eagles were poised to take over with a minute and a half left and a timeout.

That game was pretty crazy.

I think the Packers offense will be better next week if Jennings and Morency are there. Still too many drops and silly penalties in key situations. Favre made some old-school Favre plays and the defense just wouldn't give up.

Great win for the defense and special teams. Offense needs to improve A LOT for this to be a playoff team, though.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we got to realize how big it is to beat teams like philly....

for the young guys.. that means we can go eye to eye with some of the bigger contenders in the NFL thats a mentality that you cant buy.

this is a good thing no matter what the negative nancies wanna say

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing people are forgetting is...

while the eagles special teams made their mistakes, the PACKERS are the ones who went into the piles and poked,grabbed,clawed, and did whatever they could to get the ball.

That heart, hustle, and gritty style on special teams is something you can't measure.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing people are forgetting is...

while the eagles special teams made their mistakes, the PACKERS are the ones who went into the piles and poked,grabbed,clawed, and did whatever they could to get the ball.

That heart, hustle, and gritty style on special teams is something you can't measure.
I'm not forgetting it. I was ecstatic when they made the plays... but if Philly executed properly then those oppurtunities wouldn't exist. Big props to the special teamers jarring it loose and pouncing on it.

And how about Mason Crosby? Unshakable in 1st career game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins shoulda had that INT

I agree.

There was 2-3 situations where a GB defender was half a second out of position from getting an interception or tip.

Next week, daddio!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got so over charged with this that I had to take a nap!

OK now only 15 more wins and MY prediction will come true.

On the serious note though, I thought the defense was OUTSTANDING at times but still needs to get more consistent.

Packers are learning to win the tough ones... Sign of character.
Gritty win today that made a statement for the Pack.

Members online

Latest posts