Packers vs Eagles post-game thread.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
First the Eagles didn't give us this game and we earned it on the field, period.

Hats off to our special teams.. first game in a long while were they made "game changing" plays for us. Bush and White on the coverage teams and Crosby.

Our offensive line has a ways to go... they weren't getting their men on the ground nor sealing them off for backside pursuit... Jackson looked okay alot better in blitz pickup than in the preseason... Hall as well.. they had to chip block the ends with Bubba at times better. Colledge has a couple of wiffs throughout the game.

The Defense is real.. no doubt. They spent to much time on the field due to lack of sustained drives (running game). Hats off to Harris for gutting out the game. Westbrook was elusive but Barnett and company did a nice job overall.

Brett was being Brett a couple of times during the game.. he doesn't look like the "old man" most try to pass him off as. Guy can still play... end of story.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a really nice win. Had they lost, I think the "goat" would've been the entire offensive line. Their run blocking was no better than it was during the preseason (so much for the "vanilla play-calling" excuse), and their pass blocking was also pretty horrendous. I saw Tauscher make two horrible plays in pass protection, and Clifton made another.

But Favre played his rear end off out there, as did Donald Driver. It always comes back to those two, doesn't it? And of course the defense and special teams were outstanding.

In spite of the bad plays by Philly, I give the Packers full credit for taking advantage of the mistakes, and as others have mentioned, there were numerous plays where the Packers ALMOST came up with something big. They won in spite of not bringing their A game. There is still a lot of room for improvement AND most teams the Packers play this year will not be as good as the Eagles.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
The thing that has gone unnoticed is that we really were more aggressive on Offense today. Our WRs (despite people saying they were too slow) got behind Eagles' defenders on a few occasions, and Favre just over threw them.

Also props to B-Jack for showing us some flashes of what kind of player he can be. When given cut back lanes, he picked up some good yardage. What was most impressive was after dropping the first pass thrown his way (and pissing off Favre to no end), B-Jack caught almost everything else thrown his way and showed he can be an elusive player making a few defenders miss. He clearly has the talent, but the O-line needs to step up BIG TIME!

I think we need to give it up for Jon Ryan.

He got off a punt late in the game from inside his own 10 with an Eagles defender an inch or two away from blocking it, and then got the high snap down.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree........Ryan saved the day getting that snap down.

I LOVED the way Favre was out on the field early in the game, shouting to the refs that McNobb did intentional grounding!
It showed just how much he really wants to win!

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
First the Eagles didn't give us this game and we earned it on the field, period...

"cough..cough" Hey Pack93z, too bad this is a "No Smack" zone. :p

Yeah... or I would have to talk about the GIFTS Harrington was throwing around... hmmm a different location same zerbra..

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... or I would have to talk about the GIFTS Harrington was throwing around... hmmm a different location same zerbra..

Tsk, Tsk.....so did the Packers give the game ball to JR Reed or Greg Lewis? :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Hey.........I'll give anyone a game ball that screws up and helps us to win.

Pack93z

Reaction score

Neither.. it was about time the worm turned in these matchups.. how bad is the injury to Taylor...

BTW... nice bobble and catch by AP... I think the horseshoe just about fell out at about the 20 yard line. Lucky rookie..

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither.. it was about time the worm turned in these matchups.. how bad is the injury to Taylor...

BTW... nice bobble and catch by AP... I think the horseshoe just about fell out at about the 20 yard line. Lucky rookie..

About Taylor, not sure yet...gotta hope not too bad.

Ya right... lucky rookie. :doh:

Adrian Peterson - 103 yds rushing - 60 yards receiving

Pack93z

Reaction score
Lets see Rod Coleman (anchor of the Falcon D) gets hurt the Friday before the game and is gone for the year... yep Lucky Rookie...

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see Rod Coleman (anchor of the Falcon D) gets hurt the Friday before the game and is gone for the year... yep Lucky Rookie...

yep, that would have made all the difference. :roll:

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched this game in heavy Eagles country here in Lancaster, PA. I had on my old Favre jersey and cheesehead and was easily out numbered at the sports bar 100-1.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the Redskins fans that hate the Eagles and therefore gave me someone to high five and celebrate with. The best part of the day was they never got to sing their stupid fly eagles fly song, and they all left the bar heads down, after giving me **** all day.

Great game, great day, hopefully things to come.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched this game in heavy Eagles country here in Lancaster, PA. I had on my old Favre jersey and cheesehead and was easily out numbered at the sports bar 100-1.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the Redskins fans that hate the Eagles and therefore gave me someone to high five and celebrate with. The best part of the day was they never got to sing their stupid fly eagles fly song, and they all left the bar heads down, after giving me **** all day.

Great game, great day, hopefully things to come.

Ha ha! Post of the day there.
Nothing like having someone trying to rub it in your face, then getting it rubbed in their face instead. Classic. You made an already happy man even happier. :lol:

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha ha! Post of the day there.
Nothing like having someone trying to rub it in your face, then getting it rubbed in their face instead. Classic. You made an already happy man even happier. :lol:

This victory is going to last all week because of where I live. For the past month all I've heard is Favre is old, 4th and 26, Eagles are an elite team. I still went to work sporting GB shirts and hats and took the abuse. Now no matter what happens for the rest of the year I have this day, this victory.

Work tomorrow: Favre jersey, work Tuesday: KGB jersey, work Wednesday: Hawk jersey and I'll finish it up with my new Crosby jersey, if I can find one.

Sometimes it's a good thing to live in eagles country.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We went toe to toe with a Superbowl contender for 4 quarters.

This IS progress, baby.

A Super Bowl contender, Ha Ha. I was happy the Pack won. But, anyone on this or any other site has to admit the Vikings defense will account for 10 wins alone.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as impressed as i am with life in general...a few other things i'd point out

Johnny Jolly is the next Packer cult hero...when the crowd was getting energized you could just tell he relished every minute...good for him and good for the fans for making lambeau what it hasnt been the last few years

Donovan McNabb just isnt what he was...some nice throws and scrambles but Mcnabb in years past has won games with not a lot on the table and not the case today, a good game but he overthrew some people...and westbrook dropped two balls

Brandon Jackson is ready to play now; McCarthy should've had running plays earlier to get it established. Still over 70 total yards

great win

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

About Taylor, not sure yet...gotta hope not too bad.

Ya right... lucky rookie. :doh:

Adrian Peterson - 103 yds rushing - 60 yards receiving

You guys just had an easy win. thats all.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to me the most important thing was that we scored when we needed to and as a result we won the game. their where so many games in the last 2 seasons when the game was close and we just where not able to score when it most counted.
on the other hand we only got into the red zone once(i think), that is just not acceptable.

Members online

Latest posts