Packers put Rodgers back on IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move. No reason at all to play him anymore this year. Senseless to risk an even worse injury than a broken bone. An ACL would be catastrophic.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Expected this would happen. Better for him to heal fully over the offseason and come back 100% next season. Hopefully next season Capers will be gone.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not surprised. Hundley beat him out fair and square.

Next question, what can we get for Rodgers in a trade?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right move, but the ending to a ****** year. Would rather have him get a season ending injury so we could have had a great pick and there would be certainty changes would be made. Now management will say some ******** like "we went 4-2 with our best player, that is sustainable'. No it is not, he's been carrying your bum ***** for years. Give him some help. The defensive players outside a few positions are fine, just get a better coach/scheme. Offensively the receivers aren't starting worthy outside of Adams. Get some more o-line depth, add a starting receiver/tight end. My fear is everyone will be back.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious and correct move. Bringing him back last week was a risky move. Playing him any further this year would be idiocy. I want to see Hundley play the first half against the Vikes and Callahan the second half. Then vice versa against the Lions. The Packers organization needs to figure out whether either of these guys is worth keeping next year.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't there talk of him retiring about 2 years ago? Hopefully that rumor comes to fruition real soon.

Who, Teddy Bridgewater? Doctors said there was no certanty he would be able to play again and refused to offer any kind of prognosis. There was always cautious optimism Bridgewater could play again if he makes a complete recovery.

Reaction score
Perfect. Now let Hundley sink or swim. He’ll either promote himself.. or get us a top 12-15 pick

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right move, but the ending to a ****** year. Would rather have him get a season ending injury so we could have had a great pick and there would be certainty changes would be made. Now management will say some ******** like "we went 4-2 with our best player, that is sustainable'. No it is not, he's been carrying your bum ***** for years. Give him some help. The defensive players outside a few positions are fine, just get a better coach/scheme. Offensively the receivers aren't starting worthy outside of Adams. Get some more o-line depth, add a starting receiver/tight end. My fear is everyone will be back.

@906Fan Just curious, what do you disagree with?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Who, Teddy Bridgewater? Doctors said there was no certanty he would be able to play again and refused to offer any kind of prognosis. There was always cautious optimism Bridgewater could play again if he makes a complete recovery.
Who brought up Bridgewater? The reference was to Ted. Do try to keep up.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious and correct move. Bringing him back last week was a risky move. Playing him any further this year would be idiocy. I want to see Hundley play the first half against the Vikes and Callahan the second half. Then vice versa against the Lions. The Packers organization needs to figure out whether either of these guys is worth keeping next year.

I don't think it was really that risky. I think the only reason he is back on IR is because we are out of the playoff picture. If Atlanta had lost last night he would be starting against the vikings (unless there is a Saturday game that would have knocked them out.)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right move, but the ending to a ****** year.
It's been a disappointing year, all right, especially after that 4-1 start. I thought our tight ends would tear up the league, but Rodgers went down and Bennett turned out to be a ****.

I have to respect McCarthy for putting him on IR. If he would have played and got hurt, how bad would that look. This way is best for the team.

H

HardRightEdge

Good. He can complete the healing process, get the plate and screws removed, heal up from that, and be good to go in the spring. That's assuming he didn't f something up playing with it.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a disappointing year, all right, especially after that 4-1 start. I thought our tight ends would tear up the league, but Rodgers went down and Bennett turned out to be a ****.

I have to respect McCarthy for putting him on IR. If he would have played and got hurt, how bad would that look. This way is best for the team.

Expected a lot more from Kendricks. He looked better in Jeff Fisher's offense, the worst offensive mind in football, than he does now. Bennett has been away for a long time now too. He's only catching just over 50% of his balls.

H

HardRightEdge

Expected a lot more from Kendricks. He looked better in Jeff Fisher's offense, the worst offensive mind in football, than he does now. Bennett has been away for a long time now too. He's only catching just over 50% of his balls.
He's not a very good route runner. If a receiver doesn't read the defense and adjust the route properly he's going to get fewer balls, and the ones he does get are more likely to go where he is not. If he's thinking his way through that adjustment his movement will be tentative and he won't get the ball then either. I've seen that with Kendricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts