Packers put Rodgers back on IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Reaction score
We currently have the #16 pick. The only other 7-7 team, the Chargers, currently has a weaker schedule, so it will be very hard to leapfrog them even if we lose out.
There are several teams with easy schedules (Redskins etc..). That could finish with the same or better record than us that would have us picking top 15. Not that I want us to lose like some do to attain a better pick, but it’s also unlikely win both games against the 2 teams leading our division who are both coming off wins.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Good move. No reason at all to play him anymore this year. Senseless to risk an even worse injury than a broken bone. An ACL would be catastrophic.

It's the right move because his collarbone isn't fully healed. There would have been no reason to not play him because of being scared of him suffering another injury though.

The defensive players outside a few positions are fine, just get a better coach/scheme. Offensively the receivers aren't starting worthy outside of Adams. Get some more o-line depth, add a starting receiver/tight end. My fear is everyone will be back.

While I agree the Packers have some decent players on defense the unit definitely lacks elite ones and is in desperate need of adding pass rushers and cornerbacks. Nelson and Cobb are both starting caliber receivers.

We currently have the #16 pick. The only other 7-7 team, the Chargers, currently has a weaker schedule, so it will be very hard to leapfrog them even if we lose out.

The Packers could definitely end up with a pick as high as the 11th if they lose both of their remaining games.

H

HardRightEdge

Why?

Looking for more sources at this time, but this article already says "sometimes," implying that they could last forever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/26/aaron-rodgers-has-13-screws-in-his-collarbone/
1) Because he is a QB and this is his throwing side.
2) His throwing motion did not look natural to Rodgers on 3/4 and cross-body throws last Sunday.

Mere mortals who feel discomfort might have the plate removed for that reason. A QB who feels discomfort surely would which appeared to be the case here.

That would probably be about 6 months from when the injury occurred.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Woodson said having the collarbone naturally heal worked out good for him but I wonder especially with a quarterback are putting screws in really the best option? Aaron is a smart guy but it feels like as a competitor he wanted to come back so bad this year and I really wonder long term if healing the bone naturally would have been the better option.

H

HardRightEdge

I know Woodson said having the collarbone naturally heal worked out good for him but I wonder especially with a quarterback are putting screws in really the best option? Aaron is a smart guy but it feels like as a competitor he wanted to come back so bad this year and I really wonder long term if healing the bone naturally would have been the better option.
He should be fine if he didn't mess something up on Sunday.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good. He can complete the healing process, get the plate and screws removed, heal up from that, and be good to go in the spring. That's assuming he didn't f something up playing with it.

Pretty sure he won't be getting the plate and screws out until after he retires. I would link to the article but I don't feel like spending the next half hour looking for it.

Members online

No members online now.