Official Packers vs Rams thread

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I appreciate the optimistic viewpoint if we put up over 550 yards of total offense, force two turnovers, one of which is a pick 6, and record 5 sacks then how on earth do you think the Packers score only 38 points?

12 field goals and a safety.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I appreciate the optimistic viewpoint if we put up over 550 yards of total offense, force two turnovers, one of which is a pick 6, and record 5 sacks then how on earth do you think the Packers score only 38 points?

Also if they have that kind of game opponents might as well not even show up to Lambeau the rest of the season cause they not only are obviously unbeatable there but also because they're only going to be blown out.
Ok, 45 - 20

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
27-24 Rams. Because I believe what I'm seeing with my own eyes is real and not hope or potential.

Also - no less than 1 INT.

Put it in the books...I'm out until game time so I'm not a distraction...good luck!

Peace out BD. Rams are a team to be reckoned with, and they look to be a team built to last. I'm not at all confident that Foles is the QB who will lead the Rams to the promised land, but Sunday's game will be a good indicator of where both teams are in this first half of the season. If the Packers can take the Rams' defense's best shot and keep rolling, I think that the Superbowl chorus around here (yeah, it's already here) is going to grow louder If the Rams can beat the undefeated Packers in their den, then they will be seen as the most dangerous team in the league right now and the one that no one wants to play.

Last edited:

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer fans.

Firstly, I want to say that I've visited quite a few opposing fans talk forums, and I think you guys are by far the most grounded and respectful. If any fan base would have the right to be cocky, it's the one with the supreme home field advantage and the best QB in the game. Most of you are more worried about the Rams than you should be IMO. We boast a strong front, but it often doesn't get home. I'm sure our DL gets held a lot more than has been called, but that could be true for every team. Even when our DL have gotten sacks, it seems like most of it has come with a blitz. Rodgers will shred us if we blitz, but I'm not sure if Williams can NOT blitz - knowing that, I'm expecting a big win for GB here.

Our defense hits hard but has typically underachieved a bit. The dangerous thing for GB is that every now and then the Rams defense realizes it's potential...like against the Broncos last year in ST. Louis. Up until that game, Peyton Manning was lights out...his poor play started after our defense beat on that Bronco offense - but that game was in ST. Louis.

Our offense is so inconsistent that I don't trust it - add in Green Bay's killer pass rush, and we might be in some trouble there. Also, Gurley looks like he will be a great player, but expecting two great games in a row from a rookie might be a bit too much - I was hoping we'd be 2-3 with our killer schedule here in the early going; can't get worse than that so this game is house money for me. I've always had a soft spot for GB; I was a Packer fan when I was a little kid...loved Brett Favre. Literally cried when Terrell Owens caught that TD and knocked GB out of the playoffs. I was a Rams fan too because of my dad, and as I grew up my love intensified for the Rams.

Here's hoping to a good game with no injuries!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Welcome, Ramsfan128. As you can see, this thread has had a good conversation going with a couple of your fellow fans. Hopefully, we will see a good game on Sunday with no injuries on either side.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think that Rams are really going to miss Ogletree on Sunday. He's their man in the middle and #1 tackler. Lacy could cause some real damage with him not in there.

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think that Rams are really going to miss Ogletree on Sunday. He's their man in the middle and #1 tackler. Lacy could cause some real damage with him not in there.

Tree has gotten a lot better, but Eddie Lacy would run right through him. Traditionally we do better against bigger power type backs; I'd venture to say that Starks would have more success against us than Lacy would. Our DL is very difficult to block in the run game, and smaller/quicker backs can squeak through holes that big guys like Lacy might not be able to. As an example if you go back and look at the game logs against us of Marshawn Lynch, they're not pretty. He's gotten to 4 ypc a few times in Seattle by breaking one big one toward the end of a one sided game, but we handle him pretty well. Chris Johnson though...we struggle with. Even in his old and decrepit state he averaged 5 ypc last week.

Lacy will hurt us in the passing game though - and honestly, the way we typically play defense, if I was GB I would come out throwing on every play and utilize the short passing game in place of a run game - get Lacy involved, Starks, and a lot of quick screens.

For the Rams to win this game we need to get up on the line and challenge the WRs...Cobb is the only one that has a clear advantage over our DBs, so throw some extra attention his way. He'll still get his, but get up on those WRs and give our DL an extra second to get home.

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, we do better against bigger backs because our DL can clog the lane and make the play. We will miss Tree in the passing game, but in the run game I don't think it'll hurt too much because I'm not sure he could bring Lacy down anyways.

PFanCan

Reaction score
The members there do that every game. If you're having trouble telling who is a GB fan from a Ram fan, I could be more obvious in my posts? :eek: I think the name thing is just how well they copy and paste without a lot of work.

That's a tight group, everyone knows what it is. They also know it's a mix. Most of them have probably at least browsed this site and other GB sites.

We get opposing fans all the time. Many remain active members because we like to talk all football.

Understood. I just find it to be strange.

Typically, a link is all that is needed to point readers to something interesting. At times, a specific quote or post is cut-and-pasted from one forum to another--this happens all the time, but.... an entire thread? And then the mod who does this updates it each day or so as more postings become available. Odd.

Just in case that moderator decides to add this post to his collection: Hey, all Ram fans! How are you doing? ::waves::

D

Deleted member 6794

Even when our DL have gotten sacks, it seems like most of it has come with a blitz. Rodgers will shred us if we blitz, but I'm not sure if Williams can NOT blitz - knowing that, I'm expecting a big win for GB here.

The Rams have been able to get sacks without blitzing as well getting eight of their 17 with only four guys rushing the QB. Rodgers has a passer rating of 135.1 when being blitzed this season while only being sacked once so I agree it's not a good idea to do it against him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The "Ram Fan Invasion" of the forum this week was refreshing. Normally I don't get a chance or take the time to read much of what the opposing teams fans have to say. So thank you to all the Rams fans who ventured North to give us your prospectives of your team, our team and the game and doing it in such a way that made it fun. Sundays game will definitely be featuring arguably one of the top teams in the league right now in the Packers and a respected up and comer in the Rams. If the Rams can hang tough, turnovers may decide the game in the end. Packers have only turned the ball over once this year.

I expect a Packer victory on Sunday, but wish the Rams the best of luck for the remainder of the season and would love to see them (and their fans) back in GB for the NFC Title game in January.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has a chance in every game. You came here to tell us that? :tdown:

Come on, let's have a recap of your comments thus far regarding the Rams:
No. Never even crossed my mind. :tup:

I've been lurking the site for the past couple of weeks and this post made me sign up for an account. Bravo sir. Bravo.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garbage time. 2 of them came in the 4th after GB was up 38-14 and took their foot off the gas.

If GB is taking their foot off the gas, they need to stop doing that...it's gonna bite them in the ***...if they aren't doing it on purpose, they need to stop doing that cuz it's gonna bite them in the ***!

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report:

Out: Sean Richardson
Doubtful: Jake Ryan
Questionable: Davante Adams, Bryan Bulaga, Morgan Burnett, Demetri Goodson
Probable: Randall Cobb, Jayrone Elliott, James Jones, Clay Matthews

PFanCan

Reaction score
I've been lurking the site for the past couple of weeks and this post made me sign up for an account. Bravo sir. Bravo.
Welcome, C-Lee!

LT or Robdog: please send my finders fee as soon as possible.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes the Rams defense an average of 3.15 seconds to get a sack, most of the time Rodgers has thrown the ball at the point already.

Jenkins has allowed an opponent´s passer rating of 115.3 in 2013 and 114.3 last season. While he´s off to a better start this season noone aside of a Rams homer would even think about calling him an elite cornerback.

It´s funny that you consider every single stat out of context which doesn´t support your opinion but quote PFF ratings to make claims when the numbers do.

You say things that are untrue and when I point them out, you just move to the next list. I'm not interested in discussing this game with you.

I have no issue with smack talk but you're playing a game I'm not interested in.

Last edited:

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty certain that no one else on this board believes that by clipping your statements out of all your 50+ posts that I changed the meanings of your comments. Nor did I edit a single word or letter of your comments. This is just your own justification of how I was able to easily make you look foolish.

Look, the Rams may win. I don't know. It will probably be a tough game for both sides. Either way, your over-the-top beliefs are simply ridiculous and it seems that all of our efforts on this thread to give you a different and more realistic perspective on your fav team is simply falling on deaf ears.

You absolutely edited my statements to reverse their meaning. This is why, again, I'm out of the debate till game time. I'm not going to stoop to debating my own edited words. Have at them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You say things that are untrue and when I point them out, you just move to the next list. I'm not interested in discussing this game with you.

I have no issue with smack talk but you're playing a game I'm not interested in.
You have said stats don't mean anything but have used pff to prove a player is the best this year.

So what has he said that his untrue?

If some one says stuff about me that is untrue I would supply evedince to show why the are wrong

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You absolutely edited my statements to reverse their meaning. This is why, again, I'm out of the debate till game time. I'm not going to stoop to debating my own edited words. Have at them.

He didn't edit your words, and the meaning is the same. You saw what you said, and realized how over the the top you sounded. So now your trying to save face.

I saw at least two post where you said implied you don't expect a win, yet when asked you say Rams win. Either you don't think they win or they win..stop flip flopping.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If GB is taking their foot off the gas, they need to stop doing that...it's gonna bite them in the ***...if they aren't doing it on purpose, they need to stop doing that cuz it's gonna bite them in the ***!

Would you say it's gonna bite them in the *** ? :cool: