Official Packers vs Rams thread

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the bright side of "that D line," I do feel better about Rodgers eluding tubbies than linebackers :D Aaron Donald is a manimal though. Glad it's in Lambeau!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our offensive line better be buckled up and ready to go. the middle is usually pretty stout, i think they were all a bit off today, but especially those tackles. They are a pretty weak link in an otherwise strong offense.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams will be coming in with Gregg Williams, he of New Orleans "Bountygate" infamy, as their defensive coordinator.

Best be watching for some extracurricular activity about Aaron Rodgers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about their Dline or ours? Because our Defensive front has been superb lately.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about their Dline or ours? Because our Defensive front has been superb lately.

While ours has been great thus far the Rams boast what I would call the best Dline in the league

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our Dline has been playing great, it's our offensive tackles i'm worried about because the Rams line is no joke. I think better than any we've faced so far.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Rams defensive line is a fantastic unit and with the Packers having troubles at both tackle positions I´m worried about the pass protection. The offense should be able to get some favourable matchups with either Cobb or Montgomery vs. Lamarcus Joyner in the slot or Richard Rodgers at TE being covered by their linebackers (especially as Alec Ogletree won´t be able to play this week). That should allow Rodgers to throw fast, short passes and help out the offensive line protecting him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Rams defensive line is a fantastic unit and with the Packers having troubles at both tackle positions I´m worried about the pass protection. The offense should be able to get some favourable matchups with either Cobb or Montgomery vs. Lamarcus Joyner in the slot or Richard Rodgers at TE being covered by their linebackers (especially as Alec Ogletree won´t be able to play this week). That should allow Rodgers to throw fast, short passes and help out the offensive line protecting him.

Vs Seattle and Kc at home I think our off line did fine..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our offense was fine, I think our play calls mostly helped them, I think our execution was fine, I think they way we helped our tackles was fine, but our tackles have been a week spot in every game this year. Last week Rodgers kept them guessing with his snap count and catching them and mostly had the guessing all game. Bahk is not strong enough and Barclay just can't move, and when he has to he's easy to knock off balance. If the middle of our line can hold up well, they can cover their weakness. If they're getting some push in the middle, Rodgers is in for a long day and our offense is going to sputter.

D

Deleted member 6794

The interior of the offensive line has been excellent in those two games but Rodgers mobility mostly bailed out the tackles. In addition the Rams defensive line is probably the best we´ll face all season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The interior of the offensive line has been excellent in those two games but Rodgers mobility mostly bailed out the tackles. In addition the Rams defensive line is probably the best we´ll face all season.
Yes I agree..but we heard how great Seattle and kc def line were...

The end result of those two games favored us...I expect very similar reults every game

Maybe Kuhn stays in more...maybe more screens maybe te stays in...

But I think off will be okay..

Just a little tidbit....the ram game yesterday was on fieldturf?? Might be a little faster on it???

D

Deleted member 6794

The end result of those two games favored us...I expect very similar reults every game

Just a little tidbit....the ram game yesterday was on fieldturf?? Might be a little faster on it???

I fully expect the Packers to win the game vs. the Rams as well. That doesn´t mean I´m not worried about Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn rushing Rodgers.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll win. Foles is a statue in the pocket, I see us sacking him 4-5 times and causing a turnover or two.

Take the KC, Seattle and SF game, and I think this Rams game falls in between those somewhere in terms of us winning and margin etc.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Cardinals stadium actually uses real grass

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you what ( Hank Hill voice) if the I line doesn't block Rodgers will be running for his life the entire game. Also must throw some screens and draws in the game plan. Packers win 24-14 but Rodgers gets sacked 5 times . The combo of Lacy and Starks will be the factor of the game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much of that is due to Barclay? We need Bulaga back!

Bulaga isn't much better... Yes Barclay is a little below average but none of our tackles Are that good IMO. I can definitely see TT taking one early next ye... I just pray it's not the first round.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga isn't much better... Yes Barclay is a little below average but none of our tackles Are that good IMO. I can definitely see TT taking one early next ye... I just pray it's not the first round.

Just curious - what position would you like to see addressed?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bulaga is a much better tackle than Barclay.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you what ( Hank Hill voice) if the I line doesn't block Rodgers will be running for his life the entire game. Also must throw some screens and draws in the game plan. Packers win 24-14 but Rodgers gets sacked 5 times . The combo of Lacy and Starks will be the factor of the game.

You realize that our offensive line has only given up six total sacks through the first four games, right?

The Rams have a great defense, but they are ranked 26th in the league in run defense.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts