Official Packers vs Rams thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea
There's no doubt in my mind that Gurley will be an absolute beast.
He is going to be. you can see it how he attacks the line and what he can do when he breaks free. He's strong and constant effort, even when his feet aren't on the ground, he's fighting to go forward. When you combine that ability with that desire, things are going to happen. I think he'll be one of those rare guys at the RB position.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, Zuerlein hasn't been great for a few patches of his career. However, he's the best long ball kicker you may ever see. If you go to the game, don't miss him in warmups. You'll see kicks you probably didn't think were possible. I have no doubt he will break the longest FG record in his career. Like I said, he practises from the 65 and nails them. He has also nailed 75 yards many times. Also, this season, he hasn't missed any FGs.

If you think Foles are average, you may have an unrealistic standard.:whistling:

How was that kicker?? wow what a leg--to bad that leg missed all the long fg

and Foles isnt average---this game he was way below average--23.7 rating wow

Seems like YOU underestimated our defense..yes?

Reaction score
Sorry I'm so late weighing in on this so if anyone already commented on this point...ooops! WoW we have a great punter; that last kickoff was something - I think he should have a shot at long field goal attempts...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That previous post confused me too. I sure as heck don't want to see Masthay back there kicking long (or short) field goals, in Mason we trust. :coffee:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
How was that kicker?? wow what a leg--to bad that leg missed all the long fg

and Foles isnt average---this game he was way below average--23.7 rating wow

Seems like YOU underestimated our defense..yes?

I still had the tab open in my browser pointing to the Rams On Demand forum. Couldn't resist checking it out. There is a poster called, "RamzFanz" who's name is Brian. This is what he wrote after the game (post #5 here):

"They are actually beating on Rodgers and Lacey as if they didn't do everything they could against the best D in the NFL. Morons."

:D

Sky King

Reaction score
I still had the tab open in my browser pointing to the Rams On Demand forum. Couldn't resist checking it out. There is a poster called, "RamzFanz" who's name is Brian. This is what he wrote after the game (post #5 here):

"They are actually beating on Rodgers and Lacey as if they didn't do everything they could against the best D in the NFL. Morons."

:D
If it was the same Brian that flatulated relentlessly around here last week, then the above quote should hardly surprise anyone. Empty wheelbarrows are the ones that squeak all the time. Put a load in 'em and they are much quieter.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Snuck into the Rams forum page and saw a lot of this about the game. My comments in red Reminds me of Packer fans and our hopes back in the early 90's.

"Gurley. Impressive. (yes he is)

New leader on the field ie. Foles. (no doubt, second coming of Cutler)

2-3 not bad at this point in time. (I remember that optimism of being average)

Improving every game. (you would hope so)

Like everything that works in unison must be on same page. Will come as time goes. (*looks at watch*)

We held Green Bay from over scoring. (is over scoring when the other team scores more points then yours?)

Made Rodgers look touchable." (*strikes up some MC Hammer....."can't touch this")

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If anyone is posting on the Rams forum, I would be interested to Brian's reply to a question about how Aaron Donald manhandled Josh Sitton and the rest of the Packers interior OL - for a grand total of 2 tackles (none for loss).

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Brian disappeared from NFLdotCOM before kickoff time yesterday. He flatulated all over that site worse than here. He hadn't been back last I checked.

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game guys!

The Rams played better than I thought we would. Ironically, I feel a bit better after this loss than I did after beating the Cardinals last week.

My observations:

I still think Foles is an average QB. He took a beating in this game like I haven't seen in a long time. Threw a few bad passes, but ultimately, the OL didn't help him out. He showed he can be good against the Seahawks and Cardinals, so I chalk this up to GB's defense - this was the best pass rush we will play all year, and our young OL struggles with pass pro. Any Rams fan that didn't see this coming is a bit delusional.

I've been ******* the Rams defense because I have high expectations - but wow this game showed me that they will be top 5 by years end. Conceded nothing in the run game, and aside from two big plays, locked down the passing game as well. Those two big plays were obviously big, but if you hold the Packers with Aaron Rodgers to 17 offensive points at home, and 14 until the 4th quarter, you've done all you can do IMO. Gurley is just such a beast. The thing that impressed me the most was how he consistently got 3-5 yards per carry. Put us in quite a few "3rd and manageables", but the passing game was too bad.

This is a game that I chalked up as a loss from the get go, so it was very fun to watch. I didn't let myself get too high because the Packers are just so hard to beat at home.

Rams - Our schedule softens up a lot after the bye, hopefully we can beat some bad teams and get a wildcard spot...if we do, I think we'll see you guys again in January as the 3 and 4 seeds will likely be occupied by the weak NFC South champ or the even weaker NFC East champ.

Packers - almost a lock for the 1 or 2 spot. Ultimately, I think your defense will have to win games in the playoffs when you run into a good defensive team. If the Rams have a halfway decent OL in the game Sunday, our offense might have been able to put some points on the board. Our OL should improve as the season goes along. The loss of Jordy Nelson really shows in a game like we had on Sunday...

Good luck! If we don't meet again, I'll be rooting for you guys over anyone else in the NFL!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game guys!

The Rams played better than I thought we would. Ironically, I feel a bit better after this loss than I did after beating the Cardinals last week.

My observations:

I still think Foles is an average QB. He took a beating in this game like I haven't seen in a long time. Threw a few bad passes, but ultimately, the OL didn't help him out. He showed he can be good against the Seahawks and Cardinals, so I chalk this up to GB's defense - this was the best pass rush we will play all year, and our young OL struggles with pass pro. Any Rams fan that didn't see this coming is a bit delusional.

I've been ******* the Rams defense because I have high expectations - but wow this game showed me that they will be top 5 by years end. Conceded nothing in the run game, and aside from two big plays, locked down the passing game as well. Those two big plays were obviously big, but if you hold the Packers with Aaron Rodgers to 17 offensive points at home, and 14 until the 4th quarter, you've done all you can do IMO. Gurley is just such a beast. The thing that impressed me the most was how he consistently got 3-5 yards per carry. Put us in quite a few "3rd and manageables", but the passing game was too bad.

This is a game that I chalked up as a loss from the get go, so it was very fun to watch. I didn't let myself get too high because the Packers are just so hard to beat at home.

Rams - Our schedule softens up a lot after the bye, hopefully we can beat some bad teams and get a wildcard spot...if we do, I think we'll see you guys again in January as the 3 and 4 seeds will likely be occupied by the weak NFC South champ or the even weaker NFC East champ.

Packers - almost a lock for the 1 or 2 spot. Ultimately, I think your defense will have to win games in the playoffs when you run into a good defensive team. If the Rams have a halfway decent OL in the game Sunday, our offense might have been able to put some points on the board. Our OL should improve as the season goes along. The loss of Jordy Nelson really shows in a game like we had on Sunday...

Good luck! If we don't meet again, I'll be rooting for you guys over anyone else in the NFL!
Now this is a good post.

You guys are a good football team, good luck the rest of the way.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually think the NFC South champion will end up with a bye in the first round as they have a pretty easy schedule facing the AFC and NFC South.

The Rams defense mostly played a great game yesterday and Gurley is a superstar in the making. It's possible the Rams end up making the playoffs as a wild card team.

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think the NFC South champion will end up with a bye in the first round as they have a pretty easy schedule facing the AFC and NFC South.

The Rams defense mostly played a great game yesterday and Gurley is a superstar in the making. It's possible the Rams end up making the playoffs as a wild card team.

They do have an easy schedule, but I think GB and AZ end up with the byes. Zona getting you guys and Cincy at home, and playing the Steelers this week without Berger, it's conceivable that their only losses come from within the division this year. Barring QB injuries, I think Arizona finishes 12-4 at worst, and Green Bay finishes 13-3

The NFC South, while they do have favorable schedules, I see 12 wins as the max for the Falcons or Panthers....but more likely to both finish with 10 or 11 wins IMO.

Either way, hope to see you guys in Lambeau again.

D

Deleted member 6794

They do have an easy schedule, but I think GB and AZ end up with the byes. Zona getting you guys and Cincy at home, and playing the Steelers this week without Berger, it's conceivable that their only losses come from within the division this year.

It's also conceivable the Packers win in Arizona.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts