Official Packers vs Rams thread

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe those Georgia fans are referring to his speed prior to blowing his ACL. It is possible that the 80% is his new 100%.

Could be. Or that his rehab is still coming along. Or his brace. He says it's his brace but we shall see.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more reply. Couldn't resist:

I have a few predictions, too:

1. Lacy will have a huge game, unless he misses the hole and gets tackled.
2. Rodgers will have no INTs, unless he misses his targets.
3. Crosby will hit an 80 yard FG, unless he misses the space between the uprights.
4. There will be no long gains by Gurley, unless the Packer D miss their assignments.

I could go on. But, I am sure you get the point by now.

My point was that Jenkins is amazing but, last season and before, would miss assignments. Does Lacy miss holes and get tackled habitually? Then I agree.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams D 27th in the league in yards given up to RB?

Packers D 2nd best in yards given up to RB

Did the Ram fans know this?

I would cover bend but don't break again, but I don't think anyone left saying these things about yards and rankings would care. :speechless:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that Jenkins is amazing but, last season and before, would miss assignments. Does Lacy miss holes and get tackled habitually? Then I agree.

Missed assignments happen but they don't happen with any kind of regularity if the guy is elite. That's the point he's trying to make.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, and I agreed that he was. That this would be a battle of titans. :tdown:

I hate to point this out but with the way your talking about Donald it's like your assuming he's going to dominate Sitton or also the pro bowl caliber tandem of Lang n Lynsley and that we are just going to have to hold on for dear life.

You haven't really painted a picture implying a battle of Titans even though I look forward to watching those two go at it

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just visited the forum RAMSONDEMAND.COM. Scrolled through their thread entitled , "What Packer fans are saying".

First off, I did not see a single Packer fan post there. I might have missed them as I scrolled quickly though the pages, but it was mostly the same types of posts we see here by Rams fans talking about the Rams. A couple posts asking for Packer fans to speak up.

But, one strange thing is that one of their posters cuts entire threads from this forum and pastes it as a single entry on that forum. So, there is this long dialog between Packer fans and Ram fans (which actually occurred here on this forum), but the names are not present, so one has to determine which fan is writing what from the context.

In fact, a large part of this thread is included. IDK, I found it weird.

The members there do that every game. If you're having trouble telling who is a GB fan from a Ram fan, I could be more obvious in my posts? :eek: I think the name thing is just how well they copy and paste without a lot of work.

That's a tight group, everyone knows what it is. They also know it's a mix. Most of them have probably at least browsed this site and other GB sites.

We get opposing fans all the time. Many remain active members because we like to talk all football.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed assignments happen but they don't happen with any kind of regularity if the guy is elite. That's the point he's trying to make.

And my point was that this season, they aren't common mistakes like they have been in the past. I don't need to say anymore on the subject, you guys can judge him in game. He's the guy with the dreadlocks painted to your best receiver. You can't miss him.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to point this out but with the way your talking about Donald it's like your assuming he's going to dominate Sitton or also the pro bowl caliber tandem of Lang n Lynsley and that we are just going to have to hold on for dear life.

You haven't really painted a picture implying a battle of Titans even though I look forward to watching those two go at it

OK, I guess you missed it. I said this might be the best player vs player match up all season or something along those lines. If Sitton stops Donald, it will be your top bragging point for Sitton all season. If Donald beats Sitton, every opponent on the schedule will hear about it if they question Donald's abilities.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has a chance in every game. You came here to tell us that? :tdown:

Come on, let's have a recap of your comments thus far regarding the Rams:

DEFENSE

Just a note on your quote above: The Rams have 6 takeaways thus far this season, ranking 13th just ahead of GB with 5. NYJ leads the league with 13. But, back to your boasting:

SPECIAL TEAMS

OFFENSE

All that, and you still just think that your team only has a "chance", but not a "good chance"? :tdown:

Do you think that GB is better than all that above? I can tell you now that we don't have the best D line in the league, we don't have any elite cornerbacks, our backfield rarely lay the wood, our best lineman is not better than Watt, our quarterback is not necessarily going to have his best season this year, our RBs are not the best in the league, our multi-faceted slot receiver is not unstoppable, our best RB is not better than all the other RBs in the league, our punter is not the best in the league and our kicker is not the best at anything (FG or long distance) in the league.

But, according to you, your team has all those things? And you don't think you have a good chance of winning?

Must be the home field advantage then, I guess.

No. Never even crossed my mind. :tup:
haha slayed him. Great post.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rams D 27th in the league in yards given up to RB?

Packers D 2nd best in yards given up to RB

Did the Ram fans know this?

I would cover bend but don't break again, but I don't think anyone left saying these things about yards and rankings would care. :speechless:

Sigh- you are implying that Gurley will be tough to stop..

And implying that your dl is good at stopping the run..

My stats show a trend on what each team is capable of. I didnt claim that it means we will score points because of it..so please stop the act of putting words in our mouths...you are pretty good at twisting our words to suit your arguments.

Look...your a Ram's fan...we expected a certain amount of confidence, we get it..

But you are implying and painting a picture of the Rams being so domiment that the Packers will be lucky if they even score...

So let's be real frank.

What is your score prediction???

No excuses, no what ifs, no what if there are turn overs, if it is raining, sunny, or cold...

I think the Packers are 8 or 9 point favs.

I think it will be 30 to 20 Packers

Your turn

Last edited:

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sigh- you are implying that Gurley will be tough to stop..

And implying that your dl is good at stopping the run..

My stats show a trend on what each team is capable of. I didnt claim that it means we will score points because of it..so please stop the act of putting words in our mouths...you are pretty good at twisting our words to suit your arguments.

Look...your a Ram's fan...we expected a certain amount of confidence, we get it..

But you are implying and painting a picture of the Rams being so domiment that the Packers will be lucky if they even score...

So let's be real frank.

What is your score prediction???

No excuses, no what ifs, no what if there are turn overs, if it is raining, sunny, or cold...

I think the Packers are 8 or 9 point favs.

I think it will be 30 to 20 Packers

Your turn

27-24 Rams. Because I believe what I'm seeing with my own eyes is real and not hope or potential.

Also - no less than 1 INT.

Put it in the books...I'm out until game time so I'm not a distraction...good luck!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The members there do that every game. If you're having trouble telling who is a GB fan from a Ram fan, I could be more obvious in my posts? :eek: I think the name thing is just how well they copy and paste without a lot of work.

That's a tight group, everyone knows what it is. They also know it's a mix. Most of them have probably at least browsed this site and other GB sites.

We get opposing fans all the time. Many remain active members because we like to talk all football.

I tried signing up for that site and the admin never got back to me. Tell the admin he sucks for me.

Seems like a cool site.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
27-24 Rams. Because I believe what I'm seeing with my own eyes is real and not hope or potential.

Also - no less than 1 INT.

Put it in the books...I'm out until game time so I'm not a distraction...good luck!
Rodgers only throws one td according to your contest guess...so we will have 2 rushing tds? Interesting

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. The lambs are 2-0 vs their division and 0-2 vs the rest of the league. Meanwhile the Packers are also 2-0 vs that same division as well as 2-0 vs the rest of the league. Personally I downplay results in division games as the mindset is a bit different. Harkening back to the dark days, who cared how bad the Packers were as long as we beat the Bears. I sense the same here. Lambs shot their *** last week, Packers roll at home 30-17 with a Hyde td. Everyone remember to visit my food stand in section 106.

D

Deleted member 6794

2.5 seconds. To avoid the Rams, you have 2.5 seconds. We timed it one game.

It takes the Rams defense an average of 3.15 seconds to get a sack, most of the time Rodgers has thrown the ball at the point already.

He is elite. We play bend but don't break. He can shut down any receiver in the game and has. There will be no long ball against Jenkins Sunday unless he misses an assignment. That used to be an issue but it may be in the distant past. Stats out of context have no meaning.

Jenkins has allowed an opponent´s passer rating of 115.3 in 2013 and 114.3 last season. While he´s off to a better start this season noone aside of a Rams homer would even think about calling him an elite cornerback.

I try to never say things like one player is better than another because it's so subjective and situational. I'm saying STATISTICALLY, Aaron Donald, the 2014 DROY and pro bowler, is rated by PFF as the best defensive lineman in the NFL this season. Better than J. J. Watt. He is also rated the best DT in the NFL in the last 8 years.

It´s funny that you consider every single stat out of context which doesn´t support your opinion but quote PFF ratings to make claims when the numbers do.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well @PFanCan , you've convinced me, if you take my comments out of context and edit them, we do have a good chance. Thanks! :)

I feel better about our chances now! :tup:

I am pretty certain that no one else on this board believes that by clipping your statements out of all your 50+ posts that I changed the meanings of your comments. Nor did I edit a single word or letter of your comments. This is just your own justification of how I was able to easily make you look foolish.

Look, the Rams may win. I don't know. It will probably be a tough game for both sides. Either way, your over-the-top beliefs are simply ridiculous and it seems that all of our efforts on this thread to give you a different and more realistic perspective on your fav team is simply falling on deaf ears.

PFanCan

Reaction score
It takes the Rams defense an average of 3.15 seconds to get a sack, most of the time Rodgers has thrown the ball at the point already.

Jenkins has allowed an opponent´s passer rating of 115.3 in 2013 and 114.3 last season. While he´s off to a better start this season noone aside of a Rams homer would even think about calling him an elite cornerback

If you make an argument that is based on stats, it's best that you check them prior to posting around here. Otherwise, the Captain will dismantle you.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll be back to gloat if the Rams pull off the upset. Not so sure about anything beyond "good game good luck " if they don't.
Either way I'm sure you'll be back when we meet in the playoffs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At least Brian Demarest is all about loving his team and didn't come on here to rip the Packers like fans of certain "other" teams. For that I give you a thumbs up Brian. :tup:

PFanCan

Reaction score
At least Brian Demarest is all about loving his team and didn't come on here to rip the Packers like fans of certain "other" teams. For that I give you a thumbs up Brian. :tup:

Totally agree. Brian Demarest was not a troll nor did he really engage in any smack or be rude in any way-- rather, he is just an extremely over-the-top frothing-at-the-mouth fan with wildly optimistic views on the Rams players and their status & future. He is the kind of fan that the NFL loves to have.

I hope he visits again after the game. Win or lose.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats for the game:
Rodgers 26 for 32 385 yards 3 td's
Lacy 18 carries 110 yards - td
Starks 8 carries 48 yards
Jones 11 catches 125 yards - 2 td's
Cobb 9 catches 110 yards - td
Defense - 5 sacks
Peppers forced fumble
Shields pick 6
Final score Pack 38 Rams 20 (Rams last touchdown in garbage time)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats for the game:
Rodgers 26 for 32 385 yards 3 td's
Lacy 18 carries 110 yards - td
Starks 8 carries 48 yards
Jones 11 catches 125 yards - 2 td's
Cobb 9 catches 110 yards - td
Defense - 5 sacks
Peppers forced fumble
Shields pick 6
Final score Pack 38 Rams 20 (Rams last touchdown in garbage time)

While I appreciate the optimistic viewpoint if we put up over 550 yards of total offense, force two turnovers, one of which is a pick 6, and record 5 sacks then how on earth do you think the Packers score only 38 points?

Also if they have that kind of game opponents might as well not even show up to Lambeau the rest of the season cause they not only are obviously unbeatable there but also because they're only going to be blown out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts