Official Packers vs Rams thread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great article!* Love that stat mining!*

*if you want to know what a person who knows absolutely nothing about the Rams thinks. He actually said THIS: "Austin also has the longest run at 16 yards." AHHHHHaHaHaHa! Seriously, who is that moron? Austin doesn't even have the longest run AMONGST WRs! Do you guys read him? No way.

We have a reporter like that named Bernie, and he is almost universally scorned. Wait, are Bernie and @PFanCan collaborating on articles now?

Please read that article again....He is talking about 1st half plays
St. Louis is the only team to have failed to gain even 90 yards in one of it's opening quarters.

Big plays have been all but nonexistent. Receiver Tavon Austin (47) and tight end Jared Cook (22, 20) have the only receptions of 20 or more yards. Austin also has the longest run at 16 yards.

Austin’s run resulted in one of just two touchdowns the Rams have scored before halftime and it represents the most yards rushing by a Ram in a first or second quarter.

:giggle:

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please read that article again....He is talking about 1st half plays

:giggle:

I stand corrected. I didn't even consider that first halves were more meaningful than full games. ;). Do you have any articles that discuss GB in the lockerroom, bus rides, or at chipotles? Perhaps how they performed less well in a specific uniform or lunar cycle?

On a side note, can you BELIEVE the worst team in the NFL was beating the Packers at the half?! The WORST team! But, hey, who is so stupid as to just quotes halves? AMIRITE?

Gotta go, I just had an article idea that will sell huge to Rams fans! ChaChing!

...[me typing for money and lying my *** off to please the crowd before I grab an Uber to the tittie club]...What we know about Green Bay isn't as obvious as just Rodgers and Lacy's stats or their interior O-Line, but in their first half against the worst team in the NFL who dominated them...[followed by stat after stat that they failed with snarky loser comments]

[Author - I'm a know nothing a-hole that everyone reads because of situational-bias]

Based on a single game first half against...excuse me, this is a FREE lapdance by mercedes...the Bears are the better team and we should all bow down to them based upon my limited first half stats and... I'm personally invited to the VIP room? What does that cost? Can I apply for credit?

I wonder what they expected the Rams' first half or even full game stats to be with a new OC, Scheme, QB, O-Line, and missing RB1, RB2, and WR1? Or did that not play into their expectations? Maybe just the name of a team assumes they have the same situation as 5 seasons ago?

Wait... the Rams may be far more talented WITH their starters than without? No way?!? I haven't read that in GB news anywhere?!? What is this?!? Voodoo?

You're ****ing with me. You can start a season in the hardest part of the schedule while depleted in everything and STILL have wins against top team? Lies.

SOMEONE! Check what they did against the SB contenders and defenders with half their team missing in a new system and new OC with a new QB.

Waiting...

They won? What? And held them to 18 offensive points? What? They have a new o line with 2 rookies and only 1 player in the same position game one damnit!

OK, no worries, they sucked game 2.

They have no chance against the number one and two scoring offenses in the NFL! LOL!

What, no Quick, Mason or Gurley, new OC, line, and QB and and they held Steelers to 12 point? Seahawks, Steelers, and Cardinals to 3 offensive TDs? S O B, check those stats! You lie!

Ok, just sell that they suck, they rank as an average D, ignore the best red zone defense, 17 sacks, and beating or holding down the best offenses in the NFL. SELL IT!

Wait, they haven't played the Bears or Lions? No way?! How is Donald rated the best DL in the NFL without a single easy game?! He's the best rated DT in 8 years and he's played nothing but dominating O lines other than Seahawks? Well, we aren't worried. He sucks.

Let's do this...talk about Rodgers, forget that the Rams OWN large elite RBs like Lacy, pretend that Gurley doesn't have more rushing yards in his first game then Lynch has had against the Rams in years and minimize their elite CB against our 2nd tier WR. No way we let anyone think Jenkins is a badass compared to the gimpy 2nd string Cobbs. Who would dare lay out cobbs and steal his catch? McSafties? When have they EVER done that?

Being a badass team like GB means we don't have to understand football and that other teams have rebuilt over 4 seasons as the youngest team in FB and are bringing 7 1st rounders on the D, DROY with a pro bowl, several other pro bowlers, a highly accomplished record holding QB with the best TD/INT ever recorded in the history of the NFL along with a pro bowl and pro bowl O MVP, not mentioning tied for the most TDs in a game and most TD's ever in a perfect game, a DC that the NFL acknowledges as one of the best with a D that is leading the NFL in stopping big plays, or tied for 2nd in sacks in the hardest part of their schedule.

That would be silly. Just say "but we have Rodgers."

The Rams are losers. No talent. It's not like TA will kill you when he gets the ball and that you have to plan every defensive play to stop him. Please! He's a WR! What does his 8.3 YPC stat even mean?!? PR? One away from the most PR TDs in Rams history with 4 called back? No worries! Punt to him! Don't be scared like every team since game one!

If they had a RB that had over the 4.3 YPC of 2014 Mason, then maybe. It's just not comparable to Lacy at 4.6. Lacy is unstoppable, Gurley, Mason, and Cunningham are not. Easy. No one thinks 4.3 YPC BEFORE Gurley means **** when you have a foam cheese head!

I think the Steelers just sucked with Big Ben, Brown, Bell, and a stout D and O line.

Yes, they beat the Hawks with a new QB, OC, scheme, no WR1, RB1, or RB2, but the Hawks are *******! When have they ever been to a super bowl? I can't even remember the last time! 6 sacks against them and Wilson? Easy!

Sure ESPN just called the Rams punter allpro along with Donald. So what. It's just favoritism from a site that said the Rams may win 4 games this season. Sure their kicker hasn't missed this season and is the best long ball kicker in the league, touching back at will, who even needs that?

One of the best KO returners in football Cunningham? Never heard of him. One of the best STs in the NFL? You must be kidding. If the Rams had all this in talent, why could they not beat Washington with none of it, silly?

I expect you will be very surprised, and I will not, win or lose. Then we will meet again.

No injuries, terrible luck for you. You don't want to be that one or two guys who have no respect for other teams come game time...

...by the way, I respect your team.*

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I didn't even consider that first halves were more meaningful than full games. ;). Do you have any articles that discuss GB in the lockerroom, bus rides, or at chipotles? Perhaps how they performed less well in a specific uniform or lunar cycle?

...sarcastic rant snipped

I wrap my sarcasm with this, I'm just poking you. Like I do your GFs. It's not personal, it just feels good.

I expect you will be very surprised, and I will not, win or lose. Then we will meet again.

No injuries, terrible luck for you. You don't want to be that one or two guys who have no respect for other teams come game time...

...by the way, I respect your team.*

( Do you think they bought that "respect" line? *Shut the **** up, GB fan *****, they can hear you!)
So this is because a stats writer pointed out the Rams are a slow starting team in their games thus far this season? The most telling stat, in my book, is at the end.
Yards Team Record
371 Rams 2-2
420 Eagles 1-3
492 Dolphins 1-3
528 Colts 2-2
528 Seahawks 2-2
538 49ers 1-3
553 Lions 0-4
584 Saints 1-3
587 Ravens 1-3
In these 9 cases slow starts seem to be a predictor of end result. Not a single winning record in the bunch. (Wish I had time to find out who #10 is.)
-
btw, I thought you were out of here until gametime.
Put it in the books...I'm out until game time so I'm not a distraction...good luck!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After looking at the Rams-Cardinals game more closely, including viewing the replay on NFL Network, I've become much more confident of a Packers' win today. Especially with the way they've reestablished the Lambeau Field home advantage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201510040crd.htm

I compare the Rams to Kansas City. as far as having an opponent this season to compare to. Both have good defenses, with dangerous playmakers on that side of the ball. But their offenses are inconsistent, depend on a big day from their runningbacks and their quarterbacks aren't consistent or elite so as a result their passing offense is average or below.

We saw what the Packers did to the Chiefs and I think something similar will happen today with St.Louis.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/9/9483383/packers-rams-2015-picks-predictions-nfl-week-5

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to edit Brian's post..

He want to "crush" certain posters but was scared he would be banned.

I told him go ahead but dont be rude and dont instigate. He decided to tell someone to shut the f-ck up and that he likes to poke us like he does to our gf..

I apologize for allowing him to disrespect our forum

D

Deleted member 6794

I had to edit Brian's post..

He want to "crush" certain posters but was scared he would be banned.

I told him go ahead but dont be rude and dont instigate. He decided to tell someone to shut the f-ck up and that he likes to poke us like he does to our gf..

I apologize for allowing him to disrespect our forum

There's no reason for you to apologize, LTF. It seems like most posters realized that he's a troll and his posts aren't worth of replying to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I banned him...I went over the normal protocol of going to all other mods and asking their opinion..

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, because he came in all respectful acting like a classy fan, but I guess at some point his true colors showed, lol.

Typical of some fans.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well shoot. Washington, Baltimore AND Philadelphia are all playing at 1:00 today. That means no regular broadcast of the Packers for my area. :poop: I guess I'll PIP with Redzone.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Wow, that took a sudden turn for the worse. Probably the stress of game day got to him.

G

GhostofCurly

Thanks for ridding the forum of him. The Rams are what they are. They are an average team with a great Dline. Can they beat the Packers? Sure they can. You know....... Any Given Sunday. It is unlikely the Packers lose to the Rams at Lambeau but if it happens you move on to the next one. If you believed what that homer wrote the Rams would blow out the Pats at Gillette.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bryan Bulaga will start at RT today.

Packers inactives:

Brett Hundley
Davante Adams
Sean Richardson
LaDarius Gunter
Morgan Burnett
Jake Ryan
Lane Taylor

G

GhostofCurly

FEAR THE RAM. I read that homers entire bunch of drivel. How will the Rams ever lose again? Pro Bowl at every position and that's just the backups. The Packers should just stay in bed if they don't want to be embarrassed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryan Bulaga will start at RT today.

Packers inactives:

Brett Hundley
Davante Adams
Sean Richardson
LaDarius Gunter
Morgan Burnett
Jake Ryan
Lane Taylor

Jake Ryan, is he injured or something? I would think a high pick like him in a position of supposed need for us would atleast see some time.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Yawn. Good game against a good team. But not a great team.

Arod had one of the worst games I have seen, and a good portion of that is credited to the Rams D. But, nothing special from what I saw.

"TA" was nothing special. Their LBers and back field was nothing special. Gurley will be a star, no doubt in my mind. Foles is average or maybe a bit above. Our O line held up nicely against that awesome D line, even without Lang. The Rams O line is a disaster and their WRs are nothing special. Their kicker struggled.

So much for hyperbole predictions. Back to Earth for those Rams fans and on to San Diego...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D really stepped up today! They were all over Foles and his O...when the best QB in the game has a bad (maybe I shouldn't say bad, just not up to par) day and your team still wins by 2 TDs, that says something about the TEAM!

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D really stepped up today! They were all over Foles and his O...when the best QB in the game has a bad (maybe I shouldn't say bad, just not up to par) day and your team still wins by 2 TDs, that says something about the TEAM!

The way the D played today he could have been Buffalo bad and still won that game. Tremendous effort by the D. I really hope they can continue playing at a high level like this for the rest of the season and beyond!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought Rodgers looked a little more “jumpy” in the pocket than he needed to be, as if he was anticipating the inside rush of the Rams even when it wasn’t happening. I was hoping they would roll him out more. The negative of doing so is it cuts the field in half but with Rodgers’ strong arm that negative is lessened IMO and he’s great throwing on the run. He definitely wasn’t sharp so maybe it wouldn’t have made any difference.

Loved to see Rollins get those picks. Beyond the obvious reason, that’ll do nothing but help his confidence. Of course it’s early but both Randall and Rollins look very good for rookie CBs.

The Matthews sack was just amazing – so quick right between the OC and OG Foles didn’t have a chance.

Thank goodness “superman” DT Aaron Donald decided to sit out the game. … Wait … What’s that? He did play and only recorded two tackles? Ummmmm :D

Ramhusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game today guys. Your D earned the win. My Rams left way too many points out there. We got away with a free INT that moved a little bit when it hit the ground and your D got away with a couple of spears to Foles' noggin but they were effective. Rodgers did exactly what I was worried he would do, scramble out of about 4 more sacks and make positive plays. He only got one great run but even gaining 3 yards is better than a sack. Foles threw a couple of terrible INTs that changed the game for our O. Kudos to your D today. They rose to the occasion today and took advantage of our way too young OL. I was proud of our run D today. We pretty much shut everybody down. How do you feel about Gurley now? When he gets to 100%, we got something special there.

I guess I shouldn't have asked for no injuries because they started coming on both sides today. Hope all well. At least we have a bye next week and Seattle and SF lost. Good luck until we meet again! We'll try and beat the rest of your division for you. Hope we meet in the playoffs.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Good game today guys. Your D earned the win. My Rams left way too many points out there. We got away with a free INT that moved a little bit when it hit the ground and your D got away with a couple of spears to Foles' noggin but they were effective. Rodgers did exactly what I was worried he would do, scramble out of about 4 more sacks and make positive plays. He only got one great run but even gaining 3 yards is better than a sack. Foles threw a couple of terrible INTs that changed the game for our O. Kudos to your D today. They rose to the occasion today and took advantage of our way too young OL. I was proud of our run D today. We pretty much shut everybody down. How do you feel about Gurley now? When he gets to 100%, we got something special there.

I guess I shouldn't have asked for no injuries because they started coming on both sides today. Hope all well. At least we have a bye next week and Seattle and SF lost. Good luck until we meet again! We'll try and beat the rest of your division for you. Hope we meet in the playoffs.

Gurley is a beast. no doubt about it, IMO.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will admit I was not on the Gurley hype train at all and expected the Packers D to shut him down like they did the last few weeks. That kid has a motor and is really quick to hit the open lanes. I'm excited to see what he can after the bye. Looks like that #10 pick is was well worth it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought Rodgers looked a little more “jumpy” in the pocket than he needed to be, as if he was anticipating the inside rush of the Rams even when it wasn’t happening.

He even admitted it kind of after the game, saying the offense needs to trust the line more in being able to protect him.