Official Packers vs Rams thread

Ramsfan128

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also conceivable the Packers win in Arizona.

The Packers have the best QB on the planet. It's conceivable that they win every game.

Having said that, if you play Arizona this week, the Cardinals would likely be a slight favorite.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers have the best QB on the planet. It's conceivable that they win every game.

Having said that, if you play Arizona this week, the Cardinals would likely be a slight favorite.
Probably this week. NT has a groin pull, #1 WR playing hurt, #3 WR still out, wounded HB, possible RG injury. All hopefully gain health over next two weeks to hit 2nd part of season ready to go.

G

GhostofCurly

I still had the tab open in my browser pointing to the Rams On Demand forum. Couldn't resist checking it out. There is a poster called, "RamzFanz" who's name is Brian. This is what he wrote after the game (post #5 here):

"They are actually beating on Rodgers and Lacey as if they didn't do everything they could against the best D in the NFL. Morons."

:D
I read about how bad the Packers got outplayed. I hope they get outplayed every week. 16-0 here we come!:laugh:

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Defense played a GREAT game, the offense hasn't looked right the past 2 games. (Nelson?)

The TD to Montgomery and Jones were perfect and they were great plays but it seemed to me no WR could get open on a regular basis. Rams defense? Or Offensive scheme/play calling?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Defense played a GREAT game, the offense hasn't looked right the past 2 games. (Nelson?) The TD to Montgomery and Jones were perfect and they were great plays but it seemed to me no WR could get open on a regular basis. Rams defense? Or Offensive scheme/play calling?
And don't forget the absence of Adams. Here's what Rodgers had to say:
Asked about whether the offense needed somebody who could stretch the field, Rodgers said: "I think we've got that guy, but he's been hurt the last couple weeks. The bye week will be nice to get some of those guys back, but Davante Adams, I think, is a Pro Bowl caliber player and without him and without Jordy (Nelson) we need to find some other ways to attack the outside stuff and still be effective inside."
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331938061.html

Certainly Adams can't replace the long-ball threat of Nelson, but with him back they should be able to stretch the field better than they have been lately. In that article, Rodgers says the NFC West teams they've played have very good Ds and he said the Rams schemed to take Cobb away. It worked as he only had 3 catches for 23 yards.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here’s a link to McGinn’s rating the Packers and Rams column: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-rams-b99594632z1-332282942.html

He saw the same thing I did regarding Rodgers:
It was almost like Rodgers didn't trust his offensive line, especially after Lang departed. Some of that is understandable because the Rams raised Cain with previous opponents. Even though the protection was remarkably good, he remained impatient in the pocket. Half the time Rodgers ran, the pocket was firm.
I was concerned about pressure up the middle but was encouraged at how well the interior of the OL did in pass protection. Rodgers only got a rating of 1 1/2.

This matchup was of particular interest to me:
Josh Sitton solidified his standing as a premier guard by shutting down Aaron Donald, probably the hottest 3-technique in the league. Everyone has the size advantage over Donald. Most guards, however, can't cope with his sudden take-off, quick hands, underrated strength and all-out style. Sitton is different because he's smart, patient and agile, besides being massive.
I’m not saying Donald isn’t as good as advertised, just that Sitton is one of the best OGs in the league. McGinn goes on to say Donald’s lone pressure came against Lang and his only involvement in a “bad” run came against Walker. (I hope this gets posted on the Rams forum so our "friend" Brian can read it and gain some perspective.) Speaking of Walker:
Once Walker settled down, he belonged. He's even bigger than Lang, and his aggressive traits serve him well.
Barclay replaced Walker for the 2-minute drill before the half but other than that, Walker was at RG. He looks like another UDFA gem (the Colts signed him after the 2014 draft, cut him and the Packers grabbed him).

Here’s what he had to say about Banjo:
There's nothing wrong with Chris Banjo (31) as the No. 3 safety. He really knows the defense, showed off his speed cutting off a promising swing pass to Tre Mason and even nailed a pressure off the edge.
I think Banjo fills the traditional backup safety role better than Richardson. Once Burnett returns Banjo will be the #4 safety which means the Packers are deep at the position.

BTW, McGinn reports the Packers played a season-high 22 snaps in their base D. For a particular poster that’s about 31% of the total 70 Rams offensive snaps.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts