Official Packers vs Rams thread

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Austin isn't a superstar in the NFL. He's dangerous with the ball in his hand but he's far from being a polished receiver. BTW Cobb is averaging 9.4 yards per carry.

What do you see that isn't polished?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes, Cobb has been successful running the ball too, but he gets very few attempts. Austin has become a regular out of the backfield.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I'd like to say that I think these two teams could be playing for home field advantage already this week. A touch confident aren't I? :cool:

Do you guys even realize the Rams are 2-2 at the moment??? The way I see it is that this game isn't about home field advantage as the Rams aren't going to make the playoffs.

Jenkins is elite. Watch, I'm not just talking.

Jenkins isn't elite. He's allowing a completion rate of 76.5% so far this season and the 249 receiving yards allowed are 10th most in the league.

Trust me, no one beats on the Rams more than Rams' fans. There's nothing in this thread we don't say too.

It's true that all of you have mentioned and exaggerated about all the positive stuff there is to say about the Rams. I haven't seen anyone even slightly admit this team has some weaknesses as well.

What do you see that isn't polished?

Yes, Cobb has been successful running the ball too, but he gets very few attempts. Austin has become a regular out of the backfield.

You get that this a highlight reel, take a look at the game film and you´ll quickly realize Austin isn´t a polished receiver. BTW Austin has 55 rushing attempts during his career with Cobb having 28, not that big of a difference.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know you Rams fans talk a good game and there's nothing wrong with being homers, but before you convince us all that Rodgers is going to get sacked 10 times, Lacy is going to be contained and Gurley is going to run for 100 yards and Foles play action into 3 TDs, I would like to point out a few things:

Yes, Palmer was under pressure a lot, but he threw the ball 50 times too. Rodgers has almost never thrown the ball that much. That's 46 passes to 4 sacks and 9 pressures, i.e. 13 out of 50. Good definitely, about 1 in 4, but the Packers' offense is way, way more balanced.
If you think you're gonna stop Eddie Lacy that easy, think again. The strength of the Ram defense is not the run. Lacy is quicker than you think.
The Cardinals racked up 450 yards. 5.4 yards per rushing attempt. Arizona was able to move the ball well against the Rams defense. Bend don't break is fine, *if* it works that way. Give a team like the Packers enough chances down in the red zone and they'll score more than 22 points.

The way I see it, if the Packer offensive line shakes off last week's poor performance and plays well, Packers win by 2 scores easy. And by 'well' I don't expect them to stuff the Rams rush on every play. That's completely unrealistic. If the Packers' line plays like it did last week, then the Rams have a real shot at taking this one.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should also add that the Packers defense has faced Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles and Carlos Hyde/Colin Kaepernick in the first 4 games of the season. Is Todd Gurley better than any of those backs? Other than Forte in week 1, the Packers have shut down opposing RBs.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I should also add that the Packers defense has faced Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles and Carlos Hyde/Colin Kaepernick in the first 4 games of the season. Is Todd Gurley better than any of those backs? Other than Forte in week 1, the Packers have shut down opposing RBs.

Rams fans: I got this.

Hell, yes, Gurley is better than those no-name punks! Didn't you see the prediction fact that was presented above? Gurley IS better than AP, and since AP is better than Lynch, Charles and Hyde, that means that Gurley IS better than everyone. Hell, he ran like crazy in a half of football with a brace on! I mean, really? Brace on.

Now, it's off. The brace. Off. This will be like AP on steroids. Or, if AP already was on steroids, then it's like AP on even better steroids. AP isn't even on the same planet as Gurley. There is only room for one person on this planet of Gurley's caliber and it's Gurley. Except for TA. There's room for TA. And Foles. Did you know that he has an NFL record? And the Ram's kicker. You don't know his name now, but you will. And that elite cornerback, too. Not Revis or Sherman-- you know, the other elite cornerback guy. Only room for those guys on this planet at Gurley's level.

And his brace. Except now it's off.

:rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The rams pass rush can be an issue..

But as seen vs KC- Rodgers can release the ball in under 3.5 seconds..

Not to sure any player can get to him that fast

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You know how sometimes the week before, a team upsets a real good team, then the next week they fall flat?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How will your rookie tackle fare vs Clay? He hasnt seen a guy like that yet...

As far as Gurley

In the 1st half of both games, he has negative yards.. 7 attempts for 4 yards...Seems like last week maybe Fisher adjusted something in the 2nd half..But it was ONE HALF

I didnt watch the game but saw the long runs..Good speed, but that line blew up the holes for him..He had huge running lanes..But he had to use his speed to shoot threw them.

I get you Ram fans are really excited, but wow....one half and he is going to be the best thing ever?

PFanCan

Reaction score

IIRC, the network was clocking Rodgers frequently under 3 seconds. That's insane. Gurley-level insane.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC, the network was clocking Rodgers frequently under 3 seconds. That's insane. Gurley-level insane.

Maybe, I know they did the time and Gruden commenting on it..

under 3.5 or under 2.5...Still hard to get to him

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers actually threw 23 balls vs. the Chiefs in under 2.5 seconds, completing 16 of them for a rating of 136.4.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Rams stop Lacy? Yes. Absolutely.

Will they? It depends.

I think you're going to find the DE pass rush is also good at RB tackles from behind. Sometimes, they even join in on the handoff.

I can rattle off a long list of top RBs they have shut down or contained, but it's just not consistent.

They're not going to be able to attack the handoff much, not with our interior O-line and the ability to disengage and tackle from behind isn't going to help much against Lacy. He's not an inconsistent but explosive home run hitter, but he churns out 4-6 yard runs like clockwork. And when they do get him from behind he's still going to tend to carry to carry them forward a yard or two. Here's the thing, if you're going to shut down Eddie Lacy you need to scheme to stop him. That means keeping your LBs near the LoS and your DEs tucked inside where they can't rush the passer as effectively. You do that and Aaron likely rips up your secondary.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys even realize the Rams are 2-2 at the moment??? The way I see it is that this game isn't about home field advantage as the Rams aren't going to make the playoffs.

The Rams!? I thought we were playing the 85 Bears! ;)

Jenkins isn't elite. He's allowing a completion rate of 76.5% so far this season and the 249 receiving yards allowed are 10th most in the league.

Certainly not elite given that production with the pass rush support that he has. But given McGinn's analysis I would assume that he's not given a lot of safety help.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our guests have been homeristic, I'll say this much though they're definitely a team on the rise. But they need some help in the secondary. Either they need another starter at CB and two new safeties or they need an Ed Reed Nick Collins type at the FS position to make up for their weaknesses. As a whole they remind me of the Lions teams of a couple years ago.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Donald kind of reminds me of John Randle, dangerous inside pass rusher and a game wrecker if you let him. But if you can run at him a lot he won't look so good. TJ Lang is generally regarded as an above average guard in spite of nagging injuries, if healthy he's a pro bowler and right now he's healthy. If I'm Clements right now I'm thinking that TJ Lang and Corey Linsley are much better run blockers than Aaron Donald is as a run defender, I'm going to run right at Aaron Donald early and often. In fact I would be so confident in my matchups of Lang/Linsley on Donald and Sitton on Brockers that I would scheme around being able to send either Lang or Linsley straight into the second level on most run plays. I would count on the ability of my O-line to win their matchups mano a mano in the interior of the run game concern myself with beating the crap out of their LBs and safeties at the second level. I would force them to play their DEs on the hip pockets of their DTs and force them to bring a safety up in the box which they do willingly partly because their safeties suck in coverage. Then with their pass rush slowed and their weak secondary even more exposed I would look to attack downfield and put some explosive plays on the books.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because someone has it in college doesn't mean they will in the NFL. 2 completely different monsters. And just because someone has one good performance doesn't mean they are the real deal. I remember Reggie Bushs first NFL game and he had like 130-140 years from scrimmage and a touchdown or two. People were hailing him to become the next great back in the NFL but look what happened to him.

You are making things up.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gurley is the real deal and an amazing talent. I believe he will be the next great rb, Sunday will be a great test for him.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Gurley is the real deal and an amazing talent. I believe he will be the next great rb, Sunday will be a great test for him.

I agree. I watched most of the game last night and am impressed with him. He could have a bright future in the NFL and could create serious problems for the Packer defense this Sunday. The Packers are going to have to bring their A game to keep him limited. No doubt about it.

However, the Rams are still 2-2 and struggling to put it all together and cover for their weaknesses-- like all NFL teams have to do each week. But, after reading the homer postings in this thread, one would think that they were 5-0 (after four games)!

Ramhusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams fans: I got this.

Hell, yes, Gurley is better than those no-name punks! Didn't you see the prediction fact that was presented above? Gurley IS better than AP, and since AP is better than Lynch, Charles and Hyde, that means that Gurley IS better than everyone. Hell, he ran like crazy in a half of football with a brace on! I mean, really? Brace on.

Now, it's off. The brace. Off. This will be like AP on steroids. Or, if AP already was on steroids, then it's like AP on even better steroids. AP isn't even on the same planet as Gurley. There is only room for one person on this planet of Gurley's caliber and it's Gurley. Except for TA. There's room for TA. And Foles. Did you know that he has an NFL record? And the Ram's kicker. You don't know his name now, but you will. And that elite cornerback, too. Not Revis or Sherman-- you know, the other elite cornerback guy. Only room for those guys on this planet at Gurley's level.

And his brace. Except now it's off.

:rolleyes:
NOW u r getting it!:rolleyes:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is at home and they win this one fairly easily...their problems are poor offensive play on the road, and late 4th qtr letdowns by the defense...if they can get these two issues ironed out, say hello to another Lombardi trophy...

Last edited:

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2.5 seconds. To avoid the Rams, you have 2.5 seconds. We timed it one game.

"Donald plays a position that is often overlooked on a play-to-play basis, but new forms of analysis help. Pro Football Focus, for instance, a site that grades NFL players on every play, sees a superstar. According to its analysis, Donald isn't just the highest-graded defensive lineman in the league for the first four weeks of the season, outperforming Watt. He's grading higher than any defensive tackle in the past eight years."

Members online

Latest posts