Official Packers vs Rams thread

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the ram fans

How many full packet games have you seen this year?

Did you know our interior line is described as one of, or the best in the nfl by numerous so called experts

Our weakness on offense is right tackle...if he holds up or they give him help and it works, we should be able to score more than enough.

When we were in the SB vs Pitt, we were told very very similar things

Just saying

I usually watch a lot of Packers, not this season though. Been busy.

I believe you when you say your interior line may be the best, you watch the games and know the team.

Now believe me when I say this: It may not matter against the Rams. Not saying we WILL consistently break through the GB interior, just saying it is very possible no matter how good they are.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe you when you say your interior line may be the best, you watch the games and know the team.

Now believe me when I say this: It may not matter against the Rams. Not saying we WILL consistently break through the GB interior, just saying it is very possible no matter how good they are.

Sitton, Linsley and Lang haven't given up a single sack or QB hit all season, that's how good they are. The Rams got most of their sacks against a terrible Seahawks offensive line and their pass rush has been average in losses to Washington and the Steelers. The best chance creating pressure against the Packers is beating the tackles.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Austin is a dangerous threat returning punts but aside of three long ones returned for TDs during his career he is averaging 7.7 yards on his other 70 attempts. The Packers punt returner, Micah Hyde, has three punt return TDs during his career as well on only 45 attempts.

Unfortunately, the STs he had when he was a rookie was not good. It took a few seasons for Fish to beef it up and for them to understand not to watch TA and just block and let TA figure it out.

I also wouldn't expect you to know he had 4 TDS(?) called back from penalties in that young team piled with rookies. I don't mind at all if you underestimate him.

I really don´t care what Zuerlein is capable of doing in warmups, Crosby makes kicks like that pregame without any rush as well. Zuerlein´s career long FG outdoors is 56 yards and as I´ve said before he has been less than stellar outdoors.

He's had seasons with zero misses outdoors and he's had rough spots. Let's see what happens Sunday. Seriously though, if you get a chance to watch him pre-game, it's something to see.

GB will only return KOs if Rams allow it, and they may depending on what they think the GB talent level is. Otherwise it will be a touchback every kick.

Austin has 14 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TDs so far this season which doesn´t rank in the top 40 in any category. The Packers have faced better receivers this season and have done fine so forget me if I´m not that worried about him.

Every fan everywhere tells me this every time. :rolleyes:

TA is not a WR, he's a weapon. If you want to try to put him in a box to marginalise him, have at it. I won't mention his career 8.2 yards per carry again or his 4 punt returns for TDs called back when the ST sucked and you will get to act surprised on game day. Deal?

As I´ve said before I think Gurley will turn out to be an elite running back in the NFL. Mason and Cunningham are just guys though.

Yes. Mason and Cunningham are just guys. Roll players. Very good at their rolls, but not elite backs in any way. The moment you think Cunningham is in to block, he will catch a dump off pass for a TD though, because that's his roll.

The Rams have giving up only six offensive TDs so far being tied for second fewest in the league, no doubt that´s pretty good. Wanna guess who´s #1??? That would be the Seahawks with five, two of them against the Packers at Lambeau.

Seahawks are over rated. We should both be able to agree on that! ;) Seriously, I think we shattered their mojo. they would be 1-3 right now if not for a blatant missed call against the Lions that gave the possession away.

As I´ve posted earlier the Rams have the best defensive line in the league and are an average team at all other positions. I appreciate your support of your team but you tend to ignore weaknesses on your team which are clearly there.

I don't ignore them at all. I fully understand where we have been lacking in the past. It may be we still are but no one has seen this team as it will enter GB on Sunday. The talent level is through the roof. Now they need to get it together every week.

Anyone who honestly believes the Rams are average outside of the D line is setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment.:tup:

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tier 1 versus tier 3? Yep those Chiefs only have bums like Tamba Hali Justin Houston and Dontari Poe on their defensive front. Oh and we've also produced 17 sacks thus far this season.

17 sacks. Same as the Rams, only we did it against very good O lines. We are tied and Rams have yet to face a team they can really ravage. I will not be shocked if the Rams have a 12 sack game this season.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To beat the Packers you need to force three and outs, hold the run game to small gainers on first and second down and bring the rush on 3rd down. The trouble is that while Eddie Lacy might not be an explosive back he is one of the most physical in the game. He doesn't break tackles as violently as Marshawn Lynch, but he's harder to bring down and he's running behind an O-line that run blocks a lot better than Seattle's. You give him 3 yards of space and he'll take 5-6 yards, and he'll do it all game long.

I respect your team, but you have been a been reductive in your analysis.

Can the Rams stop Lacy? Yes. Absolutely.

Will they? It depends.

I think you're going to find the DE pass rush is also good at RB tackles from behind. Sometimes, they even join in on the handoff.

I can rattle off a long list of top RBs they have shut down or contained, but it's just not consistent.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gurley has played one great half of NFL football. There's no reason to put him above Lynch, Charles or Forte as of now.

Our backfield package may be considered one of the best in the league by mid season. Or maybe they will let us down. The talent is there. Mason had a 4.3 YPC season last season behind a terrible o line, just .3 less than Lacey. He has not had success behind this new line yet, but they are getting better.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton, Linsley and Lang haven't given up a single sack or QB hit all season, that's how good they are. The Rams got most of their sacks against a terrible Seahawks offensive line and their pass rush has been average in losses to Washington and the Steelers. The best chance creating pressure against the Packers is beating the tackles.

How is 6 "most" of 17? Is this that new math? :whistling:

Is 5 sacks the new average? Because that's what they had against the Steelers when we shut down one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

Carson Palmer took his first 4 of the season if I recall. Maybe he had 1 before that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I also wouldn't expect you to know he had 4 TDS(?) called back from penalties in that young team piled with rookies. I don't mind at all if you underestimate him.

I don't care how many TDs he got called back as those penalties had something to do with Austin getting to the end zone.

GB will only return KOs if Rams allow it, and they may depending on what they think the GB talent level is. Otherwise it will be a touchback every kick.

The Rams are only 16th in touchback percentage.

TA is not a WR, he's a weapon. If you want to try to put him in a box to marginalise him, have at it. I won't mention his career 8.2 yards per carry again or his 4 punt returns for TDs called back when the ST sucked and you will get to act surprised on game day. Deal?

Austin isn't a superstar in the NFL. He's dangerous with the ball in his hand but he's far from being a polished receiver. BTW Cobb is averaging 9.4 yards per carry.

The moment you think Cunningham is in to block, he will catch a dump off pass for a TD though, because that's his roll.

Come on, Cunningham has a single TD reception during his career.

17 sacks. Same as the Rams, only we did it against very good O lines. We are tied and Rams have yet to face a team they can really ravage. I will not be shocked if the Rams have a 12 sack game this season.

So far the Rams haven't faced any elite offensive lines with Pittsburgh being the best in pass protection efficiency at 7th. Washington (15th) and Arizona (18th) are average with Seattle being bad (26th).

Ramhusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Aaron Donald goes on a tear like he tends to every couple of games or so, you'll be asking yourself who in the hell is this guy? He seems obsessed to steamroll to the QB with his bowling ball frame when this happens. I don't study line play enough to know why or who he's able to do this to sometimes but it's something to see when it happens. Truth is our whole team is much like this and they are so young ( I think we are the youngest n the NFL again) that there is an unpredictable level of consistency. It's like Forrest Gump said, "We are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

But I'd like to say that I think these two teams could be playing for home field advantage already this week. A touch confident aren't I? :cool:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
much like it appears the Packers players will face on Sunday, I have never seen such powerful posters and must just lay down. Who are these guys?

anyway, I'm pretty sure we all know who Donald is, as most of us were hoping there would have been some stroke of luck that brought him to us last year. I doubt GB has no idea what they're up against.

Ramhusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
much like it appears the Packers players will face on Sunday, I have never seen such powerful posters and must just lay down. Who are these guys?

anyway, I'm pretty sure we all know who Donald is, as most of us were hoping there would have been some stroke of luck that brought him to us last year. I doubt GB has no idea what they're up against.
I'm pretty sure the PACK knows exactly what they are up against when it comes to the RAM D as does the RAMS when it comes to the PACK O. The question is how do you stop them. I think what might be a little of the unknown is the RAM O and the PACK D. Some changes of late with both. Aren't you guys lining up a little known LB ;) at DT as of late?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, some old guy they had stand up for a while, now they have him put his hand in the dirt again. They don't know what to do with him it appears.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gurley, Gurley, gurley...why wasn't I supposed to say Gurley? Some guys just have it....If you have to SEE more, check him out Sunday...You could tell Gurley had it in College...You can tell Gurley has it in the pros...last Sunday.

Just because someone has it in college doesn't mean they will in the NFL. 2 completely different monsters. And just because someone has one good performance doesn't mean they are the real deal. I remember Reggie Bushs first NFL game and he had like 130-140 years from scrimmage and a touchdown or two. People were hailing him to become the next great back in the NFL but look what happened to him. Not saying this will be what happens to Gurley but just because someone performs great for 15 minutes doesn't mean they are on the same status as as Lynch or Charles. I hope he can become that because I love a good running game. I just want to see more at the NFL level before I give him any praise, which is what everyone should be doing.

Regardless if he is the real deal or not, I don't see Green Bay having much trouble containing the run. After the Chicago game the Pack have just been getting better and better against the run. Holding Lynch and Charles to a combined total of under 100 yards is pretty good.

But this is the NFL and anything could happen. Will be a good game for sure.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Vs Pitt he was 6 carries 9 yards?

LT, please don't ruin my current vision that the Rams are this juggernaut of 450 lb, 10 foot monsters who run the 40 so fast that they finish before they start. They eat children for snacks and pick their teeth with telephone poles.

Please, Rams fans continue your posting. Ignore LT's little annoying dose of reality.

G

GhostofCurly

In Sundays game he had 4 great runs. Those runs accounted for 125 yards. Very impressive. On the other 15 he netted 21 yards. Packers have to wrap him up in the first level. It won't be easy but they know what they have to do.

Ramhusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT, please don't ruin my current vision that the Rams are this juggernaut of 450 lb, 10 foot monsters who run the 40 so fast that they finish before they start. They eat children for snacks and pick their teeth with telephone poles.

Please, Rams fans continue your posting. Ignore LT's little annoying dose of reality.
Yep, that's all Gurley got in his first game and that will be his career low in touches and yards. I'd imagine if he gets held for less than 75 yards in a game for the next half dozen years, it will be a bad game for him. I think he's that special, not because he's now a Ram, but because I think he's that special of a talent. The kid is still wearing a knee brace, 9 months off an ACL for goodness sakes. He'll be as special as AP has been and that's not an exaggeration of probability. The Pack D may shut him down this week but like I said, shutting him down may mean 75 yards rushing. He may still be on somewhat of a snap count so who knows or maybe they let him loose this week and carry as many as the game dictates. He is a southern boy so I don't know how he likes cool weather but it looks like it's going to be 70 with only 65% humidity so never mind. He's used to running in 95 with 95% humidity. This game will probably be decided in the trenches like most games are in football so I see a close one if the Rams can avoid putting themselves at a disadvantage with penalties and dropped balls. No injuries please.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how many TDs he got called back as those penalties had something to do with Austin getting to the end zone.

No, actually, they didn't.

The Rams are only 16th in touchback percentage.

Because they don't fear kick returners. When they do, it's going out of the end zone. GZ is the best long ball kicker in the NFL.

Austin isn't a superstar in the NFL. He's dangerous with the ball in his hand but he's far from being a polished receiver. BTW Cobb is averaging 9.4 yards per carry.

He's a very polished receiver, his route running and hands are amazing this season, but again, he's really not a WR, he's a weapon.

So far the Rams haven't faced any elite offensive lines with Pittsburgh being the best in pass protection efficiency at 7th. Washington (15th) and Arizona (18th) are average with Seattle being bad (26th).

And we won't again this week. We will be facing an elite interior perhaps, but that may not help you.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, when some of the homerism gets down to how their third string TE will "mess up anyone in front of him" I start to doubt the objectiveness. There is a lot of talk about potential, and every team has it.

I was simply pointing out he's a big hitter and blocker. He's more fullback than TE.

Not just potential, many have track records we can now count on for the first time in forever.

I predict this game is won in the first half. They don't have the secondary to cover our pass catchers, or the offense to keep up with ours in lambeau. As many "big names" as they have on their defensive line, our D line has performed better than theirs thus far imo.

Jenkins is elite. Watch, I'm not just talking. The others have some skills too.

Holding Lynch and Charles to a combined total of under 100 yards is pretty good.

Didn't Charles have three TDs?

Yep. It was a test run.

Now that's how you smack talk. I like it.

Brian Demarest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could Rams fans be this confident with a 2-2 team?!

Because we WATCHED the rebuild, the players develop, the QB injuries tank our seasons. We KNEW we were underrated 2 seasons ago and last season. This is either now, or soon, the culmination of all that work and waiting.

IF the Rams play GB very well, or even pull off a true upset, we will know we made it. That we have what we THINK we have. This game is psychologically huge for the Rams and they will come to play.

Trust me, no one beats on the Rams more than Rams' fans. There's nothing in this thread we don't say too. But this season is going to be the one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts