Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears 12/13: WIN 21-14

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Green Bay will be playing at Philly or 'Zona - not an easy task. Imagine - Green Bay playing at Arizona week 17 and possibly the following Saturday or Sunday - that's pretty wild.

Of the three in terms of who Minnesota would play, I'd probably prefer Green Bay. Arizona matches up brilliantly against Minnesota and Philly is always tough on #4.

Shaping up to be a stupendous post-season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Packers are "Paper Tigers"....

Beat up on some "tomato can" teams, but are really not that good...

It's funny to hear the "arrogance" of their fans though...haha
Packers get an ugly win, so of course our Forum ****** decide to flare up again.

You do remember when we beat Baltimore, right? Because that was last week. You do remember when we beat Dallas, right? Both are hardly "tomato can" teams, whatever the hell that means.

I smell an air of uneasiness in your posts. Something tells me that deep down you're a little scared that this Packer team might prove you wrong this January.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Green Bay will be playing at Philly or 'Zona - not an easy task. Imagine - Green Bay playing at Arizona week 17 and possibly the following Saturday or Sunday - that's pretty wild.

Of the three in terms of who Minnesota would play, I'd probably prefer Green Bay. Arizona matches up brilliantly against Minnesota and Philly is always tough on #4.

Shaping up to be a stupendous post-season.
Yeah i'm hoping arizona plays minnesota so the queens get eliminated early. After that arizona vs green bay which i think packers win. The real test after that would be new orleans... In the dome.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Yeah i'm hoping arizona plays minnesota so the queens get eliminated early. After that arizona vs green bay which i think packers win. The real test after that would be new orleans... In the dome.
Minnesota has a first round bye.

The only way your scenario is possible is if Green Bay:
-plays and beats Arizona in round 1
-plays and beats New Orleans in round 2
-Minnesota is beaten by Dallas/New York or Philly in round 2

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Packers get an ugly win, so of course our Forum ****** decide to flare up again.

You do remember when we beat Baltimore, right? Because that was last week. You do remember when we beat Dallas, right? Both are hardly "tomato can" teams, whatever the hell that means.

I smell an air of uneasiness in your posts. Something tells me that deep down you're a little scared that this Packer team might prove you wrong this January.

You're the forum syphilis....

Dementia has already set in...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff is just mad that right now this Packer team is a WINNER as it is now 9-4 which is a winning record.

In fact this team is now will have a winning season

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Did we ever get an official explanation of the Jennings TD non call? Just curious if the NFL said the Refs screwed up, or does he had to maintain control to the ground?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No word, but it doesnt matter it was definitely a touchdown. He had three feet in and ball control until he stepped out. Thats six all day!
The explanation is that the refs said he was falling down, and lost control.

It's true that he lost control when he was falling down, BUT HE WASN'T FALLING DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I explain: He put two feet in the ground, with control of the ball. While standing. PLAY OVER. TOUCHDOWN. And then, AFTER THE PLAY IS OVER, he starts falling.

VERY different from that call on Monday Night, in week 1, against that Oakland WR. He made the catch falling. Jennings did not.

Now, I don't know if it was plain incompetence of the ref, or if McCarthy didn't explain EXACTLY WHY it was a touchdown. Just saying: "I challenge it because he had control" won't do no good. He needed to say: "I challenge because he had both feet on the ground, with possession, and WASN'T FALLING, so it doesn't matter that he lost control when he felt".

Anyway, we won. But this year the refs are making mistakes after mistakes. It started in week 1 with that phantom PI on Al Harris, against the Bears...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what they said, but I still don't buy it

According to a league spokesman, referee Mike Carey correctly applied Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) correctly when it came to Greg Jennings' non-touchdown against the Chicago Bears:
"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
The timing of when contact was made by Bears CB Charles Tillman was the determining factor.
"The key is that the receiver was contacted by the defender before he got both feet down so he is therefore considered to be going to the ground and has to hold on to the ball throughout the whole process," the spokesman said.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
In my opinion he wasn't in the act of catching the pass, he had already caught it and wasn't going to the ground. After getting two feet down and maintaining possession he was knocked down by the defender.

I'd say the "act of catching the ball" is the time before the ball is securely in possession and both feet are down.

When Jennings went down he was past the "Act of Catching the Ball" IMO. Dude had already caught the damn thing, maintained possession, and gotten both feet down = Touchdown. Nothing that happened after that means anything. That is my opinion.

League is just covering their own.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the important thing is that we're going to be on both sides good calls and bad calls and good teams find a way to overcome and win the game. The Pack is going to the playoffs IMO so we better get used to the calls, we're not going to be the home team.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The Pack is going to the playoffs IMO so we better get used to the calls, we're not going to be the home team.

Not with that attitude! Didn't you hear? Pack are winning out, and Queens are losing out, giving the division to the Pack Attack.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys crack me up.....

"Keep bending towards the ground and reachin' for those ankles"....

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion he wasn't in the act of catching the pass, he had already caught it and wasn't going to the ground. After getting two feet down and maintaining possession he was knocked down by the defender.

I'd say the "act of catching the ball" is the time before the ball is securely in possession and both feet are down.

When Jennings went down he was past the "Act of Catching the Ball" IMO. Dude had already caught the damn thing, maintained possession, and gotten both feet down = Touchdown. Nothing that happened after that means anything. That is my opinion.

League is just covering their own.

Jennings' catch reminds me of the game winning TD that Brett threw in the San Franscisco game. The receiver caught it, had both feet in and then stepped out of bounds. If I remember correctly he bobbled it a little in his hand before he finally hit the ground. But you are right about the "Act of catching" part. I just hate how the vikings were able to steal a win off of it and we lost a clear cut TD.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Jennings' catch reminds me of the game winning TD that Brett threw in the San Franscisco game. The receiver caught it, had both feet in and then stepped out of bounds. If I remember correctly he bobbled it a little in his hand before he finally hit the ground. But you are right about the "Act of catching" part. I just hate how the vikings were able to steal a win off of it and we lost a clear cut TD.

Farve STAR treatment by the refs benefiting the Vikings. Look at the first game we played. Vikes first penalty came in the 4TH quarter. That was the most ridiculously refereed NFL game I've ever seen and I'm not saying that because I'm a Packer fan.

Members online

Latest posts