Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears 12/13: WIN 21-14

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way the rest of the NFC is playing I think we can definitely move into the playoffs. However I'm not really getting the feeling that this is aplayoff caliber team. The Pack always seem to break down during the middle of the game. Usually our defense will bail us out but you can't always count on that to happen. Besides Grant's incredible run, the offense was near absent and this game would've probably headed into OT.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers making some critical throws. Bears looking sloppier then us when it came to penalties, shocker! Grant was actually good in this game. That 62-yd TD run really set the tone for our running game. That Jennings catch should have been called a TD since he had possession with 2 feet in the end zone. Usually don't see the refs be THAT wrong when it's under a review. Have no idea what they were looking at.

Cutler did show some fight, but it was not enough to rally the Bears and oh yeah, they suck. I know a 42 yarder at Soldier Field isn't easy, but C'MON CROSBY. Our defense weren't as effective as they were the last 4 games. Looked like Clay Matthews was giving Chris Williams tons of problems, but I guess he did his job. Not a great game for the Packers, but it was close and that's what usually these Pack-Bears games are.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the packers won today is how good teams win. We normally score our points by passing the ball, but the passing game just wasn't there today. So what did we do? Our running game stepped up, most notably Grant who rushed for 137 yards.

The kicking concerns me though. The missed field goal could have cost us.While I haven't lost all faith in Crosby, he needs to make field goals within 45 yards. Of the last 3 field goals he has attempted, from beyond 35 yards, he has missed them all. We will need him to return to form ASAP.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the packers won today is how good teams win. We normally score our points by passing the ball, but the passing game just wasn't there today. So what did we do? Our running game stepped up, most notably Grant who rushed for 137 yards.

The kicking concerns me though. The missed field goal could have cost us.While I haven't lost all faith in Crosby, he needs to make field goals within 45 yards. Of the last 3 field goals he has attempted, from beyond 35 yards, he has missed them all. We will need him to return to form ASAP.

True... But those third quarter letdowns keep happening over and over again. McCarthy has mentioned that the players do get overconfident sometimes but they definitely need a reality check.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay... A win nonetheless. It shouldn't have been this bad, but we won.

Rodgers played like crap.

Ryan Grant played well

The D played well, again. But the injuries...

And nobody can convince me we're paying a guy to miss 40+ field goals. He should be cut NOW regardless if there's any substitute.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Packers are "Paper Tigers"....

Beat up on some "tomato can" teams, but are really not that good...

It's funny to hear the "arrogance" of their fans though...haha

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay... A win nonetheless. It shouldn't have been this bad, but we won.

Rodgers played like crap.

Ryan Grant played well

The D played well, again. But the injuries...

And nobody can convince me we're paying a guy to miss 40+ field goals. He should be cut NOW regardless if there's any substitute.

Rodgers had an off day and we still won. That's proof of how great this team is.

Agreed that Crosby has to go. It's not like he will be out of a job. There's a career in the UFL waiting for him. :rofl:

Members online

Latest posts