Post-Rodgers Era...Mock Draft 2-13-2023

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will likely get some good draft resources if this trade ever goes through, which I think it will eventually.
The route I would take is signing a low priced veteran and using a Day 3 selection on another All-Mountain West selection by the name of Jake Haener as our option 3

Haener and Tune I broke down some while back - love both later Day 3

D

Deleted member 6794

So now if it is the Love era who do we seek for a backup? Do we go after a veteran if Love gets hurt or another August no name?

I would definitely prefer the Packers to sign a veteran to backup Love.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely prefer the Packers to sign a veteran to backup Love.
The guys out there I like less and less as the days go on. I'd be curious to see if Tim Boyle would come back...I know many may disagree but Love has sat with a veteran in front of him, and one of the all time best, if Love goes down the season truly truly will be lost - I don't see a ton of value on bringing in a veteran with decent amount of starting experience honestly. (FTR before you quote me and say you never said that - I know this, your post merely prompted the thought stream)

D

Deleted member 6794

The guys out there I like less and less as the days go on. I'd be curious to see if Tim Boyle would come back...I know many may disagree but Love has sat with a veteran in front of him, and one of the all time best, if Love goes down the season truly truly will be lost - I don't see a ton of value on bringing in a veteran with decent amount of starting experience honestly. (FTR before you quote me and say you never said that - I know this, your post merely prompted the thought stream)

Are there any veterans who have played in LaFleur's offense still around that could adapt?

I have to admit that I haven't taken a look at the veteran quarterbacks who would possibly be available so far.

Maybe Drew Lock

Lock re-signed with the Seahawks yesterday.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I see it being done in jest. Such a low hanging fruit it was easy to pounce.
But it hurts my feelings and makes me feel bad, which in turn should make you feel bad. With everything going on with Rodgers and our team's future, I'm in a very fragile state and I need the love and support of my fellow Packers fans. Did you even think of the children?! ;)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y'know what terrifies me? Gute drafting Bijan Robinson in the first. We already know that Gute doesn't mind wasting high round draft picks on the running back position and, while I think Robinson will be very good, I don't think Gute has learned his lesson after drafting a backup RB in the second round.

FYI, as of now, my preferences in the first round would be a trade down and then draft Musgrave (TE), Hyatt (WR), Torrence (OG), or Smith-Njigba (WR) later in the first.

Id be ok with Robinson in the first in a trade down scenario were they end up with a pick in the 20's lets say #24. Right before the cowboys pick him

Robinson is a generational talent both as a runner and a reciever. He would be the perfect guy to take over for Jones. Who is likely to be headed elsewhere after the 2023 season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id be ok with Robinson in the first in a trade down scenario were they end up with a pick in the 20's lets say #24. Right before the cowboys pick him

Robinson is a generational talent both as a runner and a reciever. He would be the perfect guy to take over for Jones. Who is likely to be headed elsewhere after the 2023 season.
Zeke was generational…Barkley was generational…. RBs aren’t worth top 2 round picks.

D

Deleted member 6794

I definitely don't want the Packers to select a running back in the first round with Jones and Dillon on the roster.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't want the Packers to select a running back in the first round with Jones and Dillon on the roster.

Im a best player available guy. If you have the chance to get a blue chip player, no matter position, you get em. Becas that opportunity is rare.

Dont be surprised if they take qb like Hendon ****** in the 2nd or 3rd round. Especially if they end up with an extra pick there. The last time they were in this situation they took Brian Brohm in the 2nd and Matt Flynn in the 7th. Hitting on Flynn

I think Robinson is going to be much better than Dillon and Jones. He's like Jones but a better reciever, with legitimate size. Something like 6 foot 215. The likelyhood this is Jones' last season as a Packer is pretty high. Having a top 5 back with a young starter at qb seems a good idea to me. And I like Jones and Dillon, theyre just not on the level of Robinson

I also heard him talk on NFL radio, super smart dude that gets it. High IQ in life and football

D

Deleted member 6794

Im a best player available guy. If you have the chance to get a blue chip player, no matter position, you get em. Becas that opportunity is rare.

Don't get me wrong, if the Packers are on the board and have only one player in the top tier on their board left I want them to select that prospect as well. According to Andrew Brandt that's how they ended up with Rodgers.

Position of need should be factored into the decision when talking about prospects in the same tier though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, if the Packers are on the board and have only one player in the top tier on their board left I want them to select that prospect as well. According to Andrew Brandt that's how they ended up with Rodgers.

Position of need should be factored into the decision when talking about prospects in the same tier though.

Yeah for sure position of need can be a tiebreaker but not the determining factor if you want to build a dynasty

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Never pass on a generational talent at his position regardless of position is my belief.

I have no idea whatsoever if Robinson is that type of talent or not.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never pass on a generational talent at his position regardless of position is my belief.

I have no idea whatsoever if Robinson is that type of talent or not.

This is why I keep getting stuck on if Christian Gonzalez or Joey Porter Jr are there I struggle MIGHTEDLY to not pick them. I would pray my trade phone would ring and provide excellent equity back so I can pull myself from the decision.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent, and illustrates two specific guys I personally think PFF has failed miserably at with their rankings. Ojukwu is an excellent OT prospect, and I have a 5th nearly 4th round grade on him personally. He is 6'6' around 310lbs and the dude has massive mittens at 10.75 inch hands and 34 inch arms...with multiple years as Boise's steadfast LT starter (over 3,500 snaps)..while not a long range guy his quick twitch/burst and hands are a tough thing to handle for the opposition lined up against him. His first two years he was a RT, so if we would need to run him on right side it is not a foreign stance/footwork like it is to some. He is very aggressive in run plays, and will absolutely try to bury his opponent if at all possible. His base/leverage at his height is really the one thing which will need refinement and with that his anchor will get that much stronger. I won't say he won't be available in the 7th but I will say I'll be shocked if he is.

The other is believe it or not Adebawore - this man is straight up a BEAST. He can be a big outside tackle OLB type or put him over a tackle and he thrives as well...fact is he is just an ELITE physical specimen but on top of that he has tape to back up he knows what to do with it. But seriously folks we are talking about a 282lb DE/DT type guy running a FREAKING 4.49 forty....folks that is faster than many WR prospects (even some ELITE HOF WRs). He jumped 37.5 inches...broad jumped over 10...benched 27 times....IMO I wouldn't even be upset if Gute nabbed him in the first if our scouts believe he is as special as his tape and measurables seem to think. Personally I have him in the 30s with a borderline first grade nearly.

On the whole I like the draft for sure as I think Ojukwu is a MASSIVE steal. Bell is a SOLID WR that I think is a WR4 out the gate type even as a rookie on any team, Conner is an OOBER athletic safety prospect that has Green Bay tendencies written all over him and I think good chance he makes it to Day 3 which is a big return potentially on lower pick. O'Connell is a fighter and a gamer...he will NEVER be a starter unless out of necessity but the dude will fight and will some wins if called upon - he can sling it, but his best trait is his will to win and stand in the pocket taking a hit if needed.

My critique is simply way too many safety type guys...liked to have seen one of them be if you want to stay in secondary get a boundary corner with maybe some length or a style that could be a safety as well....also I love JSN and I think he would pair greatly with Watson/Doubs but I just have most likely a ton of prospects for sure higher than him at 15 personally - BUT I get the pick and like say the Dillon pick, my disagreement wouldn't make me not excited because there is a LOT to like there in JSN.
Very much agree that I shouldn't have spent 3 picks on safeties. I couldn't figure out how to show my previous selections and lost track. Only should have picked Conner.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very much agree that I shouldn't have spent 3 picks on safeties. I couldn't figure out how to show my previous selections and lost track. Only should have picked Conner.

Conner is legit a guy I think Gute and staff are destined to like, whether we draft him is another but I could 100% see him as a guy we like.

Members online

No members online now.