Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears 12/13: WIN 21-14

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve STAR treatment by the refs benefiting the Vikings. Look at the first game we played. Vikes first penalty came in the 4TH quarter. That was the most ridiculously refereed NFL game I've ever seen and I'm not saying that because I'm a Packer fan.

I just hope the queens don't cruise through the plauoffs like that. I noticed that the refs are a lot more fair in the postseason b/c big brother goodell is watching.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the dumbest pro Viking call was against San Francisco for a late hit against Favre when Favre still had the ball in his hand.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I still think the dumbest pro Viking call was against San Francisco for a late hit against Favre when Favre still had the ball in his hand.

I don't want to say the NFL is influencing games by coercing refs to be more lenient in calls on a particular team like the NBA does. But, in the Arizona game, Farve is basically body slammed and no flag. How that was not called I have no idea. Incidentally Arizona goes on the win that game. Just the more I see of these BS calls the more I wonder.

Time to get some professional Ref for the NFL. Ridiculous they use part time refs who spend the rest of their time doing tax returns or something.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs are partial to home games and and hate to say it, but to some quarterbacks. But most of the time the games that are decided by questionable calls, the losing team can look in the mirror and know that if they had played better it wouldn't have mattered. Take care of business first and one or two bad calls ain't gonna matter. Then again sometimes they are so blatant it's ridiculous.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
But, in the playoffs where a game can come down to a last minute field goal. Both teams are playing their hearts out, a blown call that costs or gives a team 7 points is HUGE. Or calls that stall drives.

I feel bad for players who play their guts out, and then get jobbed by a Ref who is star struck or slightly more favorable toward the home team.

There was a study done on soccer referees that showed the Ref were biased toward the home team. I guess that is where the home field advantage comes from.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe me, I feel you're pain, but at least instant replay helps some. It's just too bad they apply the rules sometimes and sometimes they don't. If Jenning's catch wasn't a TD, I don't know what you have to do to get one. But my point is that the Pack should have kicked the Bear's butts, especially with Cutler's two picks. IMO the game should not have been that close. I agree though that it sucks when a team plays out of their minds just to keep up and it's handed to the home team.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..I would have to agree...

The Packers had some "home cookin" at quite a few home games so far this year....

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was at my sister in laws wedding and only saw the first quarter but kept up on the Blackberry, noticed we were down 13-14 and put my Driver jersey on for the reception
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts