2023 Division round at the SF

Reaction score
First things first. Respect.
We’ve got our hands full with a very well-rounded 49ers team that has been the most consistent team in the NFC. They have weapons and game changers at nearly every level, Led by a young and dynamic QB that has over exceeded every possible expectation. LAST PART Sound familiar?
Last 11 games ___
Purdy 22 TD 11 INT (7-4 record)
Love 24 TD 3INT (8-3 record)

That said, the 49ers are not unbeatable. The best examples to look to are the last 3 QB’s who led their teams to Wins over SF earlier this season. Jackson, Cousins and Burrows. It’s another example of what a condition of beating the SF49ers is… a similarly good to great QB who has dynamic Receiving weapons.

While GB may not have a Chase or Jefferson or Andrews, we do have a nice, deep roster of above average to good talent and 3 separate 100 yard receivers (Doubs, Reed, Melton) producing over the last 3 weeks, not to mention Wicks putting up 97 yards 2 weeks prior. We also now have healthy, 2 versatile TE’s who thus far have flown under radar due to being rookies. Each TE pacing between 550-675 yards across a season with adequate sample size of 9 and 12 contests respectively.

Kraft 359yds 2 TD’s ~11.5 per
Musgrave 404yds 2 TD’s ~11.0 per

Add to that, we look to see more of our #33 overall draft selection from last year. He’s just getting healthy after missing 5 weeks and got his warm up in Dallas. It’s time to bust loose and take some deep shots and crossers in stride and match Speed with more Speed.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’ve got our hands full with a very well-rounded 49ers team that has been the most consistent team in the NFC. They have weapons and game changers at nearly every level, Led by a young and dynamic QB that has over exceeded every possible expectation. LAST PART Sound familiar?
Last 11 games ___

That said, the 49ers are not unbeatable. The best examples to look to are the last 3 QB’s who led their teams to Wins over SF earlier this season. Jackson, Cousins and Burrows. It’s another example of what a condition of beating the SF49ers is… a similarly good to great QB who has dynamic Receiving weapons.

While GB may not have a Chase or Jefferson or Andrews, we do have a nice, deep roster of above average to good talent and 3 separate 100 yard receivers (Doubs, Reed, Melton) producing over the last 3 weeks, not to mention Wicks putting up 97 yards 2 weeks prior. We also now have healthy, 2 versatile TE’s who thus far have flown under radar due to being rookies. Each TE pacing between 550-675 yards across a season with adequate sample size of 9 and 12 contests respectively.

Add to that, we look to see more of our #33 overall draft selection from last year. He’s just getting healthy after missing 5 weeks and got his warm up in Dallas. It’s time to bust lose and take some deep shots and crossers in stride and match Speed with more Speed.
Well thought out response. The match up is actually interesting. To win this one, we need Barry to come up with another magical plan that will defeat a team that's better stocked with personnel than we are. If he does, he could end up having the heat turned off underneath him. In fact, with a win on Saturday, and a decent showing the following week, he could end up with more than a one year extension of his contract. You win, you get rewarded. It's how it works.

Since our offenses are quite alike, our hope is that Love is a little more polished than Purdy when it comes to identifying defenses. The difference could lead to turn overs, just like the two INTs we had against Dallas, and could have had a couple more. The question is, what schemes will Barry unveil to derail the 49ers express, and do we have enough on field talent to make it work. We're now down at least one player, in Engabare. We can't afford any more on the sideline. That's exactly what prompted LeFleur to pull his key players, and let bench players handle the last few minutes of the Dallas game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After a surprising (to most) boat racing of the #2 seeded cowpokes, the Packers move on to SF for a Saturday prime time matchup with the top seeded and heavily favored 49ers.

mod note: I moved the two preceding posts from a different thread to here.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SF might be the favorites, but I was expecting the odds to be a bit tighter after our performance in Dallas. But, Dallas Def being abysmal seems to have some shine off our own good performance.

I think our O can keep up with them. It'll come down to JB and whether our D can hold them down to par.

Just took a a look at their forum and they are already in the "We won the SB" zone. Delusional.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict SF 56, GB 54. CMC has over 400 yards rushing. Carlson misses a last second FG. MLF decides to blame Carlson for the loss, and also makes a comment about "Our offense was scoring too fast and didn't give our defense a chance to rest" and brings back Barry next season.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I echo that this is a very interesting matchup. My knee jerk reaction is that it is again going to be a blowout loss in SF. In the same respect, let's dig into this a bit. The 49ers are the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL. That is only behind the Dolphins and... you got it, the Cowboys. The Packers rank 12th. I'm not going to do the math, but I would wager they have been way better the last 3-5 games down the stretch here. Interestingly enough, the 49ers are also 3rd in the NFL in points allowed. They have a heck of a defense. The Packers actually rank 10th giving up 350 on the regular season for an average of almost 21 points per game. This should be a closer game than people think. While I'll go back to the point that I don't know what is going on anymore, I do think that the Pack come up short. I'm going to say it comes down to a FG. 49ers 17 - Packers 14.

I really have no idea what is going to happen though. What a great season this has been. Way surpassed my expectations. Great job by this coaching staff and awesome to see the ascension of Love no matter the outcome.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For lack of a better place to put this and who knows, we may end up at Tampa for the NFCCG in less than 2 weeks!

This is why I absolutely love incentive based contracts. Good for you Baker!

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
I’m mildly surprised that we are 10 point underdogs. Would we be 20 point underdogs with Baltimore? Just a thought. Baltimore was total boss over SF and it wasn’t close.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Last 11 games ___

Add to that, we look to see more of our #33 overall draft selection from last year. He’s just getting healthy after missing 5 weeks and got his warm up in Dallas. It’s time to bust loose and take some deep shots and crossers in stride and match Speed with more Speed.
Absolutely amazing how closely aligned Love's and Purdy's season numbers are. Both, better than Prescott's.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
In another respect, being disrespected as a double digit underdog is kinda what you’d want. If we get past SF, I think a matchup with Tampa Bay will be much closer than our first meeting.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m mildly surprised that we are 10 point underdogs. Would we be 20 point underdogs with Baltimore? Just a thought. Baltimore was total boss over SF and it wasn’t close.
Imagine had we lost to Dallas, nobody would be giving us a chance in this game! :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Had my random play list (of music) going while showering this morning. This song came on, hadn't heard it in years, it's my new 2023 Anthem for the Packers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For lack of a better place to put this and who knows, we may end up at Tampa for the NFCCG in less than 2 weeks!

This is why I absolutely love incentive based contracts. Good for you Baker!

Jordan hasn't done too bad for himself on incentives either! Well deserved!

"So far, Jordan Love has earned $5M of incentives to increase his 2024 contract cash up to $11M."

TG5557

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, Niner fan here. I come with respect and I am not a troll. I have been a Niner fan since 1979. The Packer Niner Rivary has always been epic.

First off congratulations on an epic win over the Cowbabies great game. Also, what a fantastic season you all have had with such a young team. Major respect.

This Saturday's game should be exciting and can go either way. I saw someone ask in a previous post about how well the niners stop the run. When Armstead went out with his injuries a month ago. The Niners D line could not stop the run for the life of them. Armstead is back and practicing is fully healthy and rested. I expect the niners run defense back to where it was before Armstead got hurt.

The 49ers’ defense allows an NFC-low 17.5 points per game, is second in interception percentage at 3.54 percent, allows the third fewest yards per game at 303.9, and the third-fewest rushing yards per game at 89.7.

All of the Niner's defense-injured players are back except for Ferrell who is out which makes Chase Young the starter. Thomas will have a cast on his hand he is a rotation guy anyway.

The Niners special teams are horrible I believe rank 23rd we are getting Ray-Ray McCloud back which should help. Rookie kicker Moody is a major concern he seems to choke with games are on the line which means the Packers might see the Niners go for it on fourth down when it's close to the red zone.

The Niner's offense is ranked number 2, defense is ranked I believe number 8 in the league. The bye week definitely helped with getting the players rest and healthy.

Granted rankings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs. I expect a dogfight and a great game on Saturday. Here is to a great fun game and most of all no injuries.

Any questions about players, etc please feel free to ask.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hello, Niner fan here. I come with respect and I am not a troll. I have been a Niner fan since 1979. The Packer Niner Rivary has always been epic.

First off congratulations on an epic win over the Cowbabies great game. Also, what a fantastic season you all have had with such a young team. Major respect.

This Saturday's game should be exciting and can go either way. I saw someone ask in a previous post about how well the niners stop the run. When Armstead went out with his injuries a month ago. The Niners D line could not stop the run for the life of them. Armstead is back and practicing is fully healthy and rested. I expect the niners run defense back to where it was before Armstead got hurt.

The 49ers’ defense allows an NFC-low 17.5 points per game, is second in interception percentage at 3.54 percent, allows the third fewest yards per game at 303.9, and the third-fewest rushing yards per game at 89.7.

All of the Niner's defense-injured players are back except for Ferrell who is out which makes Chase Young the starter. Thomas will have a cast on his hand he is a rotation guy anyway.

The Niners special teams are horrible I believe rank 23rd we are getting Ray-Ray McCloud back which should help. Rookie kicker Moody is a major concern he seems to choke with games are on the line which means the Packers might see the Niners go for it on fourth down when it's close to the red zone.

The Niner's offense is ranked number 2, defense is ranked I believe number 8 in the league. The bye week definitely helped with getting the players rest and healthy.

Granted rankings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs. I expect a dogfight and a great game on Saturday. Here is to a great fun game and most of all no injuries.

Any questions about players, etc please feel free to ask.
Welcome to the Packer Forum, please remove all 49'er fan paraphernalia before entering. :D

Appreciate your notes on the 49'ers and as a Packer fan, I am much more nervous facing the 9'ers, than I was facing the Cowgirls. Not sure what it is, but you guys have had our number for far too long. That said, just happy to get to the Divisional Round with such a young team and Jordan Love. The Packer defense has finally been playing up to its abilities over the last 3 games and we can only hope that happens on Saturday. If the old defense shows up, this game will be over with quickly. If the same Defense (and offense) that played on Sunday come out swinging, this will be one heck of a game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the first thing we need to do is slow down Bosa. Walker has to do a good job but I imagine Bosa will line up all over the place and use stunts. Second we need to be able to move the ball. And third we need to limit McCaffrey. A pass rush would be helpful. We did a good job of dealing with Dallas noise. Need to do the same in sf. They have a bunch of playmakers. So definitely we need to be able to move the ball.

TG5557

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the Packer Forum, please remove all 49'er fan paraphernalia before entering. :D

Appreciate your notes on the 49'ers and as a Packer fan, I am much more nervous facing the 9'ers, than I was facing the Cowgirls. Not sure what it is, but you guys have had our number for far too long. That said, just happy to get to the Divisional Round with such a young team and Jordan Love. The Packer defense has finally been playing up to its abilities over the last 3 games and we can only hope that happens on Saturday. If the old defense shows up, this game will be over with quickly. If the same Defense (and offense) that played on Sunday come out swinging, this will be one heck of a game.
I promise not to post my niners paraphernalia on here.

The Packers played lights-out football against the Cowboys. I fully expect the same team to come to Santa Clara on Saturday. I fully expect a dogfight this game can go either way. I am not a Niner homer who will come here and say the niners will stomp you. I have mad respect for the Packers and always have.

Even though Young has not done much since the trade he has helped with the double teams against Bosa. Our pass rush has been okay, I have noticed a huge drop-off with the pass rush when Armstead got hurt. With Armstead back hoping the pass rush steps back up. Love will, for sure be a handful on Saturday, so happy for the young man to finally get his shot. Looking forward to seeing how good Love gets each season.

TG5557

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the first thing we need to do is slow down Bosa. Walker has to do a good job but I imagine Bosa will line up all over the place and use stunts. Second we need to be able to move the ball. And third we need to limit McCaffrey. A pass rush would be helpful. We did a good job of dealing with Dallas noise. Need to do the same in sf. They have a bunch of playmakers. So definitely we need to be able to move the ball.
CMC was the best trade hands down for the Niners he is by far a difference-maker. Hoping Trent Williams will be back at 100% as running tothe left has been the Niner's bread and butter this season. I expect a lot of runs with CMC, Mitchell, Mason, and of course, Deebo. Jennings is also back and has been Purd's top guy in third downs. Honestly, this game will come down to execution on both sides of the ball let alone game planning. Looking forward to it.

TG5557

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather for Saturday's game

the forecast in Santa Clara on Saturday night calls for wind gusts up to 17 miles per hour blowing in the southeast direction. The probability of rain is 87 percent, with the likelihood of thunderstorms at 17 percent. It’ll be cloudy, and the rain will last roughly three hours.

Time will tell will know more as we get closer to gameday

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
we need to limit McCaffrey
I would put him and Kittle as my priorities, but you can't forget about Deebo either. That was one thing that didn't scare me about Dallas, beside Lamb and maybe Cook, their weapons are one dimensional.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Weather for Saturday's game

the forecast in Santa Clara on Saturday night calls for wind gusts up to 17 miles per hour blowing in the southeast direction. The probability of rain is 87 percent, with the likelihood of thunderstorms at 17 percent. It’ll be cloudy, and the rain will last roughly three hours.

Time will tell will know more as we get closer to gameday
Nothing like a good scrum in the mud! Bring on the rain!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a surprising (to most) boat racing of the #2 seeded cowpokes, the Packers move on to SF for a Saturday prime time matchup with the top seeded and heavily favored 49ers.

mod note: I moved the two preceding posts from a different thread to here.
Thanks! Sometimes we just respond to things and forget which thread it's in.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing like a good scrum in the mud! Bring on the rain!

The 49ers field is natural grass, so this could become somewhat of a reality, if the rain falls long enough before the game being uncovered. I prefer it not be this bad. I don't think it bodes well with the Packers, but I could be wrong.

Members online

Latest posts