NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Reaction score
Yea Julio is hobbled right now but you have to acct for him. We're 7-0 in games he has 40 or less yards or doesn't play at all.. and our rb duo I wouldn't trade for the world. They could be our key to success in keeping Rodgers on the sideline. We didn't have Coleman last time we played y'all
And we didn't have Jared Cook.
Atlanta has a 3.4 YPC average in the playoffs 2016
GB has a 3.9 average and our running game is makeshift
GB ranked top 10 in run Defense vs Atlantas 17th.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a high scoring shootout vs Atlanta and that scares me with the shape our DBs are currently. Our OLBs have to ball out and pressure Ryan. Clay,Peppers,Perry,Fackrell all have to produce pressure. Also our WRs need to keep up the physical play. With Nelson most likely out and Davante hampered with the ankle, we need another WR to step up. I know Geronimo is doing awesome but either Davis or Janis need to make big plays when they rotate in. My bet would be Janis getting some reps over Davis this week, maybe a Janis sweep or a Go route. He made big plays when called on in playoffs last year!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at Colemans avg. he is the bigger back and carries defenders. Freeman is quick n shifty but gets caught for short gains a lot. They combined to be 5th in the league in rushing and it wasn't by accident or by avg under 4ypc

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with this statement. Truth is outside of Vic who will likely be called on to mirror Rodgers a lot we don't have a lot of pass rush threat. We need Freeney and Reed to have big games and need our undersized DTs to penetrate.

Our oline can hold up but your right you will get a sack or two. If you can't get home with 4 it's gonna be a LONG day for both these defenses.. ryan isn't as mobile as Rodgers but has greatly improved his ability to slide and improvise in the pocket.

Should make for a great game!
Congrats for making it to the nfccg!

Even if Vic does end up rushing Rodgers often, he's not likely to get consistent pressure.

As good as he has been, our tackles in Bahk and Bulaga have stopped everyone this season.

Can't see Atlanta getting much of pass rush.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confident for one simple reason. I just can't see Rodgers, playing at perhaps the greatest level any QB ever has, going into a freaking Dome and losing. I just can't see it

In other words the only ones that can beat Rodgers right now are God and Mother Nature

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
True but we are not the media darlings that NYG/Dal were. If anybody is right now it's the packers. NFL.com is comparing Rodgers to Jordan right now lol. We're 2 small market teams but you guys have the history and success... we have the failure to put it bluntly. I don't think anyone is doubting the packers or Falcons at this point. Nobody knows what to expect when it comes these defenses..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Vic does end up rushing Rodgers often, he's not likely to get consistent pressure.

As good as he has been, our tackles in Bahk and Bulaga have stopped everyone this season.

Can't see Atlanta getting much of pass rush.
We had 3 sacks the last time. I'm pretty confident we are gonna run stunts and mirror Beasley on Rodgers. The other 3 dlineman will try to flush him to his left to force him towards the spy. Just my 2cents. Won't work every time but it's something to watch for no doubt

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Can you blame them for picking the home team w the hot offense ove a team who struggled to put away the lions at home until the 4th? I know what you're getting at though. I think you'll see 50/50 split this week on pics

Reaction score
Strength of schedule? You are joking, right? ATL tied for 1st (with SF) for toughest schedule.. Where did GB rank? DEAD LAST 32!!

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201479/2016-nfl-strength-of-schedule
SOS goes by regular season records from 2015 so that's old news
Green Bay's opponents won 129 games in 2016
Atlantas opponents won 122 games. Atlanta owns a worse updated and TRUE SOS.
The 2015 SOS is for predicting future games in 2016 regular season. The 2016 regular season is over now.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're also adding in 3 Matt ryan kneel downs to your #s.

Freeman/Coleman had 102 rushing yards on 25 carries with 1 TD and 102 receiving yards and 1td on 7 catches..
204 yards and 2tds on 32 combine touches? I'll take that every day all day..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a great deal is going to depend on whether Bahktiari, Burnett and Adams are ready to play on Sunday. If they are, that will be huge for the Packers.

With Jordy most likely out, we need Adams to keep doing what he's been doing. Bahk is a shut-down LT and Burnett is the leader of our secondary and together with Ha-Ha, makes up for the depleted CB core.

Be nice if Rollins was back too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Strength of schedule? You are joking, right? ATL tied for 1st (with SF) for toughest schedule.. Where did GB rank? DEAD LAST 32!!

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201479/2016-nfl-strength-of-schedule

That's wrong? I belive your link would be the records of teams from 2015..

Here is update since season ended... It's a better indication of how teams did with true comparison.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1...t-of-NFL/c86c8dfa-5b15-43a9-89d5-90ed560697c0

Pack with 18th and Atlanta with 13th

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons (11-5)

Number of games against playoff teams: 6

Record of opponents: 133-122-1 (.521, 13thtoughest)

Green Bay Packers (10-6)

Number of games against playoff teams: 6

Record of opponents: 122-132-2 (.480, 18thtoughest)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons ARE better. I don't need to be "puffed up" about that. Rodgers is the better quarterback but his supporting cast is not only more injured but not as good. I said the Packers have a shot. But reality is, their defense will not stop Atlanta's offense. This game will be about how many points can Rodgers and Co. put up. And yes, I'm aware this is the Packers...but history has NOTHING to do with this game. You are coming in, on the road, against the 8th best offense in NFL history, with the 31st ranked pass defense. Good luck.
Montgomery has a 5.9 yards per carry average this year... Cobb has 6.7 yards per carry average on his career...
You feel like Nelson being injured stops this offense? Adams was playing after the ankle tweak against Dallas. Cobb is a stud. Cook at TE is basicly unstoppable with Rodgers throwing to him. Montgomery catching the ball out of the backfield....We are better with nelson. But now we get to see more Michael, Geronimo, RRodgers, Rip..

And that 8th best offense in NFL history only beat us by 1 point with all our CBs out. No plan to replace them. Clay Mathews out. Not to mention, like I said before, Both our RBs on the roster , Lacy and Starks was out. Along with Cobb, Cook, and the current RB, Montgomery.............Not just injuries, but all the CBs and RBs... and other key cogs in the machine.

One point........... How sure are you that Atlanta is better???

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery has a 5.9 yards per carry average this year... Cobb has 6.7 yards per carry average on his career...
You feel like Nelson being injured stops this offense? Adams was playing after the ankle tweak against Dallas. Cobb is a stud. Cook at TE is basicly unstoppable with Rodgers throwing to him. Montgomery catching the ball out of the backfield....We are better with nelson. But now we get to see more Michael, Geronimo, RRodgers, Rip..

And that 8th best offense in NFL history only beat us by 1 point with all our CBs out. No plan to replace them. Clay Mathews out. Not to mention, like I said before, Both our RBs on the roster , Lacy and Starks was out. Along with Cobb, Cook, and the current RB, Montgomery.............Not just injuries, but all the CBs and RBs... and other key cogs in the machine.

One point........... How sure are you that Atlanta is better???
Pretty damn sure but we're Falcon fans.. it's like you arguing your point and being sure your team is better due in large part that you are a packer fan.. everyone sees their team with rose colored glasses..

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been known to make optimistic predictions, based on small sample sizes. But for the most part I am able to back up my predictions with solid numbers...Mainly because the Packers are always awesome...:)

Packers 8 game winning streak included 5 playoff teams. as well as the Vikes and Eagles who were in the hunt at the time. And somehow, you are still so sure....

GB getting pretty healthy here. Even Jordy might be back...

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been known to make optimistic predictions, based on small sample sizes. But for the most part I am able to back up my predictions with solid numbers...Mainly because the Packers are always awesome...:)

Packers 8 game winning streak included 5 playoff teams. as well as the Vikes and Eagles who were in the hunt at the time. And somehow, you are still so sure....

GB getting pretty healthy here. Even Jordy might be back...
Fun fact Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 against Dan Quinn led defense/team Just being optimistic :) lol

D

Deleted member 6794

Why do you think dallas made a comeback and you didn't score 40? They went press and jammed you at the line.

The Packers didn´t put up 40 points against the Cowboys because of the only bad throw by Rodgers all night was intercepted. Otherwise that game would have been over early in the fourth quarter.

All im saying is it was new back then and we didn't have an answer for the RB or CB positions yet...

Unfortunately the Packers haven´t figured out the cornerback position until now either.

Falcons fan had a lot of good points. After Dallas started jamming receivers at the line, coverage got very tight and incompletions went up. As the game went on, Dallas' receivers got more space while Packer receivers were more often covered. Packers are going to have to use more roll outs and bootlegs to beat the tight man to man coverage. Another way to beat that coverage is for the WR to go deep opening up the underneath for the TE or qb scrammble. MM will have to have the best play calling game that he's had in a long time. I have no clue how Capers can limit the Falcons passing game. The inside stunts where CM3 rushed up the center gap generated more pressure than his outside rush. I think the pass rush sceme will need to be Einstein smart or it could get ugly.

Rodgers actually had a higher completion percentage in the second half vs. the Cowboys (68.4%) than in the first half (62.5%). The difference in the offensive performance was he threw one bad pass that was intercepted, otherwise the Packers would have most likely matched the 21 points they scored in the first half. I didn´t see the receivers having trouble getting open in the second half.

Freeman and Coleman are like zeke.

Neither Freeman nor Coleman are as good as Elliott.

This matchup now is interesting...the Falcons are the better overall team.

Taking an objective look at both teams I think they´re pretty even. Both feature an elite offense with a questionable defense at best. Therefore I expect a close game ending in a shootout.

And if you look on the depth chart he doesn't start and is considered by many as our 3rd best OLB...

There aren´t a lot of people considering Perry as only the Packers´ third best outside linebacker.

The Falcons ARE better. I don't need to be "puffed up" about that. Rodgers is the better quarterback but his supporting cast is not only more injured but not as good. I said the Packers have a shot. But reality is, their defense will not stop Atlanta's offense. This game will be about how many points can Rodgers and Co. put up. And yes, I'm aware this is the Packers...but history has NOTHING to do with this game. You are coming in, on the road, against the 8th best offense in NFL history, with the 31st ranked pass defense. Good luck.

Well, I prefer to use advanced metrics to analyze teams and according to Football Outsiders´ DVOA the Packers pass defense is ranked 22nd slightily behind the Falcons at 19th. There´s absolutely no doubt the Packers defense will have an extremely tough time stopping Atlanta´s offense but I fully expect Green Bay to point up a significant amount of points as well. As I´ve mentioned before the Packers have faced four top six scoring defenses over the last six weeks and put up 38 against Seattle, 38 vs. Minnesota, 38 to beat the Giants in the wild card round and 34 at Dallas to advance to the NFCCG. The Falcons defense hasn´t seen anything like that offense since having improved their performance after the bye week.

There´s no reasonable Packers fan not being concerned about the Falcons offense but if you´re confident about your defense ability being able to contain Rodgers and Green Bay´s offense you might be in for a huge surprise.

I feel like the Giants and Dallas were lucky they didn't get blown out...

I do consider beating the Giants 38-13 as a blowout.

He caught us last time and you guys scored a TD that drive instead of a fg attempt. I guarantee that won't be an issue this game. Quinn has made it clear we won't be letting that happen again lol

One of you mentioned that the Falcons keep their defensive linemen fresh by rotating regularly. Good luck with that against Rodgers.

That was before the season started, therefore it doesn´t have any significance. The Packers finished the regular season tied for 12th in SOS at .508 while the Falcons ended up in 25th at .480.

We had 3 sacks the last time. I'm pretty confident we are gonna run stunts and mirror Beasley on Rodgers. The other 3 dlineman will try to flush him to his left to force him towards the spy. Just my 2cents. Won't work every time but it's something to watch for no doubt

I would absolutely love for Beasley to spy on Rodgers as that would take away the Falcons only impact pass rusher for parts of the game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bank on cover 1 90% of the time with the Dline trying to flush Aaron to the left towards the spy.. if you don't believe me watch the 2nd half coaches film. We're gonna do our best to make Rodgers beat us straight up.
OMG, PLEASE DO THAT!!!! AR is at his best out of the pocket and on the move... and you REALLY want to dare Rodgers to beat you? This is gonna be fun to watch ;)!!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never understand fans being this confident. Just setting yourself up to look stupid if they lose. You're not the ones playing!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers threw 4tds true, I think we only made you punt twice and that was the 2nd half. Same goes for Atlanta though we scored 33 on you. In the first half we had two drives stall bc of illegal formation penalties when we had just acquired first downs. We haven't had an illegal formation since that game. Outside that it your defense did little to stop our offense.. both offenses are gonna be going 100mph lights out no doubt. For much the same reasons your optimistic we are as well after watching our defense grow. Remember 8of our 11 starters are 1st or 2nd yr players. Neal, Jones, Cambell, Vic, Poole, Jarrett, Allen,collins. They're young but they are hungry and looking to earn respect. Especially going up against the GOAT.
While the Falcons may have a bright future with all that young talent, this won't be the year they get er done.
The "heart attack Pack" goes to the Super Bowl on the heels of another nail biter.
GO PACK GO!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a random thought here, but Christine Michael should NOT be on the kick return team anymore. I don't trust him at ALL back there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll never understand fans being this confident. Just setting yourself up to look stupid if they lose. You're not the ones playing!

I've never understood fans crossing over into an opponents message board knowing they are going to get in an argument. :confused:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a random thought here, but Christine Michael should NOT be on the kick return team anymore. I don't trust him at ALL back there.
me either, made on big mistake and almost made another. Too much spaz, not enough focus to be playing much this time of year. He's a ,use in case of emergency player only for me right now.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
me either, made on big mistake and almost made another. Too much spaz, not enough focus to be playing much this time of year. He's a ,use in case of emergency player only for me right now.
I really liked how hard he ran against NYG, he hit the hole fast and carried defenders. IMHO he's good in relief for Monty for 6-8 carries, but would prefer Michael not return kicks, again.

Members online

Latest posts