NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I saw only from the ATL-SEA-game the D was as good as the SEA-OL was... that is not my concern.
My concern is simply: Can Neslson play and Allison Keep his cool?

Our D is depending on Burnett. If he plays more than marginal time than they might content the Rungame and concentrate on JJ to force FGs, only.
Without him.... we need 12's Magic and it will be a long game.
It might come down to 2 hail marys like against the Cardinals last year. But then we will not loose again.
Burnett played against Dallas after the injury. Then took himself out(or got took out) after we got our second TD, and Dallas looked like they might just give up at half time... Amazingly (IMO) Dak put together an amazing comeback. For a rookie, in such a big game, against huge pressure from Rodgers and the pack....Id be optimistic next year if I was dallas

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call it whatever, but I actually like watching shootouts, as long as it's not a Dom Capers give up 21 unanswered in last 5 minutes kind of shootout.

But as to this Rodgers is just doing the whole thing himself this time nonsense ummm ... Adams, Cobb and Nelson who I expect to be back are doing just as much as Greg Jennings and James Jones were in 2010, so I'd say that bit of dirt is untrue.

Now I'll agree with the Falcons fans on one thing, Atlanta hasn't really gotten the credit they should this year and I can get on board with that. And after coming up just short in 2012 against San Fran, they've got reason to want this game like we do. Game does have the making of once again coming down to who has the last possession.

I feel confident in our chances, but it's likely not going to be a repeat of 2010.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Rob Demovsky there's only a small chance Nelson will be able to play on Sunday.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don´t fool yourself, Rodgers has been as good over the last eight games entering the playoff game vs. the Falcons this season (117.9 QB rating) as he was six years ago (120.2). I don´t buy the Packers don´t have a good enough supporting cast to score against a below average Falcons defense after averaging 37 points against four top six scoring defenses over the last six weeks.

I agree my second point doesn´t have any relevance to Sunday´s game, just like the one another Falcons fan made about it being the last game at the Georgia Dome.
The last game in the Georgia dome will have an emotional boost to the fans. I think that's a small factor for sure.

and when I talk about Rodgers' supporting cast, he doesn't have the defense. That 2010 defense was awesome. Woodson, Collins, Matthews, Hawk, Tramon, Raji, and a few others. That defense played a big part in beating the 2010 Falcons. They held Ryan's offense to 14 points and had a pick 6. Rodgers' job this game is DEFINITELY tougher this time than it was in 2010

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly an unfavorable opinion: Sit Jordy. Thoughts?
I don't think he plays anyway. broken ribs don't heal that fast, no matter who you are. I can pretty much guarantee he can't even breath comfortably at this point, not with any depth anyway. And receivers are puffing the entire game running routes. This takes into account nothing else other than a knife shooting thru you every deep breath. That alone is probably enough to keep him out. Now factor in, he's going to be hit, he's going to have to block, he's going to have to reach our and extend himself over and over again, all while trying to breathe. If he plays and is remotely effective it will be a miracle.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had one good game this year and it was against ATL. The stars are aligning! :sneaky:

On kick returns specifically, should have clarified. And, I know! I just watched the entire game and Davis and Janis both caught TDs and made significant impacts, maybe I'm skewed by that haha but I would love to see either of them returning kicks before Michael or Ty. Hyde seems reliable too.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On kick returns specifically, should have clarified. And, I know! I just watched the entire game and Davis and Janis both caught TDs and made significant impacts, maybe I'm skewed by that haha but I would love to see either of them returning kicks before Michael or Ty. Hyde seems reliable too.
Rookies always scare me when it comes to KR/PR, but I really don't want Michael back there.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he plays anyway. broken ribs don't heal that fast, no matter who you are. I can pretty much guarantee he can't even breath comfortably at this point, not with any depth anyway. And receivers are puffing the entire game running routes. This takes into account nothing else other than a knife shooting thru you every deep breath. That alone is probably enough to keep him out. Now factor in, he's going to be hit, he's going to have to block, he's going to have to reach our and extend himself over and over again, all while trying to breathe. If he plays and is remotely effective it will be a miracle.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jellimonsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hyde has enough on his plate right now. He will still likely be the primary PR, I wouldn't want him to get KR too. Michael hasn't been too bad other than the big mistake on Sunday. I don't think he'll make another one like that though. I wouldn't mind Janis taking one to the house this weekend though.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I said this yesterday. I understand Atalanta is "hot" and "improved", but considering who they played during the last half of the season, I'm not that impressed. Sure, they beat the Sea Turkeys last week, but so did we, by a larger margin. Besides the Bear game, the last 8 games that the Packers played in were against a team fighting for its playoff life and it showed. Falcons played one playoff contender in Dec. (The Chiefs) and lost. The other games were against teams that were already eliminated for the playoffs (Rams, 49ers, Panthers, Saints (Jan.)).

The only nervousness I have about this game is the Packers health. Any good news coming out of Green Bay on the injury status of Jordy, Adams, Burnett, Bahk.....will be welcomed news.
Saw the last 5 games from Atlanta and stats on NFL showing how their pass, and scoring Def improved?

Ninners, Rams, Panthers were 3 of 5..

Then had NO who I believe scored 30 and Seattle for 20.

sometimes stats look good, but dig deeper and you see them playing horrible teams, so the stats get skewed
Agreed, I said this yesterday. I understand Atalanta is "hot" and "improved", but considering who they played during the last half of the season, I'm not that impressed. Sure, they beat the Sea Turkeys last week, but so did we, by a larger margin. Besides the Bear game, the last 8 games that the Packers played in were against a team fighting for its playoff life and it showed. Falcons played one playoff contender in Dec. (The Chiefs) and lost. The other games were against teams that were already eliminated for the playoffs (Rams, 49ers, Panthers, Saints (Jan.)).

The only nervousness I have about this game is the Packers health. Any good news coming out of Green Bay on the injury status of Jordy, Adams, Burnett, Bahk.....will be welcomed news.
I was more scared of Dallas then I am of Atlanta and that doesnt mean i dont respect what Atlanta has accomplished or dont take them seriously. I just like how we match up better.

Matt Ryna is real good but he isnt mobile like Dak and Atlanta O-Line isnt even close to Dallas. Clay didn't play last time against these guys. I think we have a better chance to get to Ryan which will help secondary out big time. Perry cast coming off. No Rollins or Randle either last time either. Obviously Julio will make some plays. Pass rush and limiting Freeman and Coleman to big plays is key. Cant let those guys turn 5 yard plays into 20+ yard plays.

On the other side i dont see these Falcons stopping A-Rodge and Co with or witbout Jordy. This time we play them we have more speed (Cobb, Cook, Montgomery, Michael) so no shortage of weaponary They really only have one pass rusher. They lost there no.1 corner (Trufant) like we have. There defense might be more "smoke and mirror" then ours. If Rodgers stays on point there shouldn't be any problem moving the ball

If we win turnover battle we get the "W" GPG!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current betting lines, IMHO, are crazy!! Atlanta favored by 4.5-5 pts. and the over/under is between 60-61.
Tried talking the better 1/2 into a weekend getaway to Atlanta... only about $3K w/ 1st row end zone seats! If I didn't fear for my life I'd bet $1K on the Packers AND $1K on the over ... Packers 43, Falcons 40.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Current betting lines, IMHO, are crazy!! Atlanta favored by 4.5-5 pts. and the over/under is between 60-61.
Tried talking the better 1/2 into a weekend getaway to Atlanta... only about $3K w/ 1st row end zone seats! If I didn't fear for my life I'd bet $1K on the Packers AND $1K on the over ... Packers 43, Falcons 40.

Fear for your life? Some of us been rolling it over for some time now. :tup:

These "money lines" (Dallas) and this week have so much value.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe- maybe- if they get to the SB. Doubt it even then.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, PLEASE DO THAT!!!! AR is at his best out of the pocket and on the move... and you REALLY want to dare Rodgers to beat you? This is gonna be fun to watch ;)!!

Ok I think you missed the point.. look I know Aaron is good out of the pocket but is a right arm qb better running to his left and throwing or to his right?

Dallas didn't have a lb or Dlineman as fast as Beasley. We will push Aaron to the left where it is going to be much Harder to reset his body to throw accurately down field especially with Vic chasing him. If our line allows him to escape right we'll we lose on that play 99% of the time.

I know the pass to cook was rolled out to the left but you guys will not be designing a guard to pull out to block the left side every time..

Here's the first play after halftime

Man coverage again. Falcons have gone full cover one and aren't hiding it. Daring the Packers to win straight up. Not all teams are confident enough to do this. The Giants did the first half of their playoff game and were dominating until DRC went down.

Pass rush hasn't gotten to Rodgers yet, with the RB leaking out late and Jones ready to pick him up. Man coverage takes the Packers receivers a while to break from. For some reason, Rodgers isn't looking to break the pocket. Sitting there waiting for an opening.

Jarrett finally broke free, giving Rodgers some pressure and forcing the throw. You think anybody is open?

no nobody is open. Without a scramble drill, the defenders aren't covering from odd leverage points. Alford is on Jordy and breaks up the play with ease. This became a fairly consistent theme that I wouldn't be surprised to see happen again Sunday.

^^^^
That is what I'm getting at.. will it work every time?? Absolutely not. Can it work enough to get us a punt once or twice? Probably

This is what happens if we let him slide right

Here's a 2nd & goal shot

At this point, it's obvious they have keyed playing man is the best course of action. This is obvious man coverage. Not even disguising it.

The DL got good pressure on Rodgers. The problem is the escape valve Vic leaves behind, making life easy for Rodgers. If you look, not a single WR is open. Rodgers can't play on time because the WRs rarely get open on their initial routes if they aren't go routes, post routes, or fades.

Here's a wild Aaron Rodgers, in his natural habitat. Everyone was covered. But when Rodgers is out of the pocket, anything can happen.

Touchdown. In the smallest of windows. Poole had his man covered. But you let Rodgers buy time, especially to his right, and you are asking for a haymaker blow.

Look at this coverage:

Can't ask for better. Don't let Rodgers out of the pocket and don't let him out of the pocket to the right. He's lethal. Legendary

Last edited:

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never understand fans being this confident. Just setting yourself up to look stupid if they lose. You're not the ones playing!
It's part of being a fan, what fun is it to sit back and go o gee well idk, I hope we win but... idk we might lose. I'd rather be confident and discuss some football and enjoy the season.

If we lose then we just lost to one of of the GOAT qbs on an epic run. Can say I can be upset about that. 90% of our fan base thought we would go 5-11 with our schedule after the regression of Matt ryan last year. This has taken us by surprise and we are living in the moment.. our fan base is negative enough to start with. We're a losing franchise.. we'll take our moments to enjoy this ride over wallowing in self doubt.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, by all means, go pack go. Would love to see a complete meltdown at the Falcon's message board. :laugh:
Hey don't the Seahawks have some eye gouging to do or knees to dive at? Y'all got beat soundly by Atlanta and got the doors blown off by GB this year..

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Falcons fan sparring with a Seahawks fan on the Packers forum?!?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We had 3 sacks the last time. I'm pretty confident we are gonna run stunts and mirror Beasley on Rodgers. The other 3 dlineman will try to flush him to his left to force him towards the spy. Just my 2cents. Won't work every time but it's something to watch for no doubt
If only Rodgers could throw accurately rolling to his left.

Members online

Latest posts