NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Strength of schedule? You are joking, right? ATL tied for 1st (with SF) for toughest schedule.. Where did GB rank? DEAD LAST 32!!

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201479/2016-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Using SOS that came out before the season began and based on 2015 records, really? Now I think that you are the one joking, right?

Oh and no, I wasn't joking either. I don't joke about stuff like that. Plus, it was my 8 year old nephew who pointed out how easy the Falcons schedule has been over the last half of the season, I guess something you missed.

I can see my fellow posters already responded to you so I will let you sift through the thread and let you dig up anything else that you may think I was joking about.

Last edited:

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You feel that way, is not my point

What I am telling you is that experts and others gave us no chance.
What experts? Everywhere on ESPN and NFL Network that game was talked about and around 50% of the guys took Green Bay. Same for the Giants game. If anything, MORE people picked Green Bay for the Giants game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What experts? Everywhere on ESPN and NFL Network that game was talked about and around 50% of the guys took Green Bay. Same for the Giants game. If anything, MORE people picked Green Bay for the Giants game

This is espn

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confident for one simple reason. I just can't see Rodgers, playing at perhaps the greatest level any QB ever has, going into a freaking Dome and losing. I just can't see it

In other words the only ones that can beat Rodgers right now are God and Mother Nature
Rodgers could have the game of his life. Doesn't mean a victory if his defense doesn't a make a play

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery has a 5.9 yards per carry average this year... Cobb has 6.7 yards per carry average on his career...
You feel like Nelson being injured stops this offense? Adams was playing after the ankle tweak against Dallas. Cobb is a stud. Cook at TE is basicly unstoppable with Rodgers throwing to him. Montgomery catching the ball out of the backfield....We are better with nelson. But now we get to see more Michael, Geronimo, RRodgers, Rip..

And that 8th best offense in NFL history only beat us by 1 point with all our CBs out. No plan to replace them. Clay Mathews out. Not to mention, like I said before, Both our RBs on the roster , Lacy and Starks was out. Along with Cobb, Cook, and the current RB, Montgomery.............Not just injuries, but all the CBs and RBs... and other key cogs in the machine.

One point........... How sure are you that Atlanta is better???
Here's what I'm sure of...Atlanta has the slightly better roster. Green Bay has the better and more experienced quarterback. Atlanta has their final game in the Dome which will bring an extra feel of emotion from the team AND the fans. I think Atlanta wins a VERY close game. But I could see it going the other way.

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is espn

I get that. But there weren't any articles or anything on TV suggesting the Packers had no chance. Everyone, fans and "experts" basically thought the game would be very close. I for one picked the Packers and I absolutely could see them winning this weekend. But I like atlantas chances

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I get that. But there weren't any articles or anything on TV suggesting the Packers had no chance. Everyone, fans and "experts" basically thought the game would be very close. I for one picked the Packers and I absolutely could see them winning this weekend. But I like atlantas chances

You said 50% of espn picked the Packers.. I show you the espn expers and only 1 had the Packers..

Now it's they had a chance? That was not what you said?

It doesn't matter, Packers didn't have 50 % picking them as you can see my my picture

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said 50% of espn picked the Packers.. I show you the espn expers and only 1 had the Packers..

Now it's they had a chance? That was not what you said?

It doesn't matter, Packers didn't have 50 % picking them as you can see my my picture
I'm going off of what I watched and what I heard on the radio all week. But you're right, it doesn't matter. It's 100% irrelevant at this point

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've never understood fans crossing over into an opponents message board knowing they are going to get in an argument. :confused:

For some, I think it is the sole reason they come. Don't worry Atlanta fans, not calling you ALL out on that. But its simple bar room mentality for a few, come in, sling a few cheap shots and start looking for a fight.

Fortunately, history is on our side, those who come looking for a fight, usually don't fare well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers could have the game of his life. Doesn't mean a victory if his defense doesn't a make a play

If Rodgers ends up having the game of his life, meaning he would play better than during the 2010 divisional playoff game at Atlanta, there´s absolutely no way the Falcons end up winning on Sunday.

Atlanta has their final game in the Dome which will bring an extra feel of emotion from the team AND the fans.

Home teams are 0-2 in championship games during the final game in their stadium in NFL history.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta fans: We all know Atlanta is a great team that is incredibly prolific offensively. Why some of you think the Atlanta defense is going to matchup well against the Packers offense is beyond me however. Atlanta's defense is not as good as the Giants' defense (not even close) and probably not as good as the Cowboys defense, and we heard all week long how "improved" the Dallas defense was.

What it comes down to for me is this: I'm assuming Jordy is not going to play. If Davante Adams is ok, if Bahktiari can go (who is an all-pro shutdown LT), and if Burnett can go...if those guy are not playing hobbled then watch out. If one or more of them can't go, the Packers will have to play the game of their life to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's a big 'if' and it will take the game of his life to win.

I was replying to another Falcons fan suggesting that even Rodgers having the game of his life wouldn´t guarantee the Packers winning the game. With Atlanta´s defense being a below average unit as well I don´t think it will take #12 to play any better than he has over the last eight weeks for Green Bay to win on Sunday.

Gabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This defense is going to get torched next week. Our only hope is the offense. This defense is as soft as they come.
No, I feel like they can do pretty good as long as they don't get tired like last week and start to slack

Jd dirtybird21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers ends up having the game of his life, meaning he would play better than during the 2010 divisional playoff game at Atlanta, there´s absolutely no way the Falcons end up winning on Sunday.

Home teams are 0-2 in championship games during the final game in their stadium in NFL history.

QB is just one position. Rodgers doesn't have the supporting cast he had in 2010. He can't win the whole thing by himself.

Your 2nd point has zero relevance to the game this weekend

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't AR crushing the Metrodome-.good-bey-Party recently?
There is no relevance to it but it makes fun to do it, a little bit extra fun and good mood to be more positive. ;-)

D

Deleted member 6794

QB is just one position. Rodgers doesn't have the supporting cast he had in 2010. He can't win the whole thing by himself.

Don´t fool yourself, Rodgers has been as good over the last eight games entering the playoff game vs. the Falcons this season (117.9 QB rating) as he was six years ago (120.2). I don´t buy the Packers don´t have a good enough supporting cast to score against a below average Falcons defense after averaging 37 points against four top six scoring defenses over the last six weeks.

I agree my second point doesn´t have any relevance to Sunday´s game, just like the one another Falcons fan made about it being the last game at the Georgia Dome.

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going off of what I watched and what I heard on the radio all week. But you're right, it doesn't matter. It's 100% irrelevant at this point
Here some more irrelevant Information that might Need to know:
On NFL-Network from all the voting experts a la Rich Eisen, Steve Mariuchie, Michael Irvine, Marshall Faulk, Deon Sanders, Kurt Warner) in the Wildcard AND Divisional Round ONLY Mariuchi picked GreenBay as he was the so called "lone wolfe" ;-)

But anyway: Something depends on the GB's injury front but I guess if neifer Burnett NOR Nelson are available, than the Falcons are slightly favorites.
That is because
a) AR's Magic is without Nelson about 15 QBR-Points lower in the Rating (as on Sunday, again; compared to his former games in the 8:0 streak it was more than 15)
b) The secondary lost its QB in Burnett and could not cover Dez as before in the game. The same will be happen for JJones.

With both available and nearly full-go on passing downs I favor the Packers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both offenses are phenomenal. Both defenses are marginal at best. It's a classic setup for a shoot-out.

Purely using statistics, Atlanta is the worst defense that we've faced in the playoffs so far:

The biggest measure is always points allowed. Atlanta was ranked 27th in the league. What Atlanta does have going for it is takeaways where they took away 22 but only gave it away 11 times for a +11. Their scoring differential was also one of the best. It's still a leaky defense similar to the Packers.

Atlanta played really well against the Seahawks. This will be a game predicated upon which team's defense can step up more than the other.

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I saw only from the ATL-SEA-game the D was as good as the SEA-OL was... that is not my concern.
My concern is simply: Can Neslson play and Allison Keep his cool?

Our D is depending on Burnett. If he plays more than marginal time than they might content the Rungame and concentrate on JJ to force FGs, only.
Without him.... we need 12's Magic and it will be a long game.
It might come down to 2 hail marys like against the Cardinals last year. But then we will not loose again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the last 5 games from Atlanta and stats on NFL showing how their pass, and scoring Def improved?

Ninners, Rams, Panthers were 3 of 5..

Then had NO who I believe scored 30 and Seattle for 20.

sometimes stats look good, but dig deeper and you see them playing horrible teams, so the stats get skewed

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers has maybe the best Oline of his career. And a full house of wicked weapons. So much so that guys like last years starting TE Richard Rodgers hardly seeing the field. Last years divisional star WR Jeff Janis has barely got a snap. Breakout rookie Geronimo Allison is only seeing the field because Jordy is hurt... This WR group is so completely stacked , we had to move Montgomery to RB because Jordy, Adams, and Cobb are just too dang good. Best WR trio that I can think of... Then you add Cook to the arsenal........

He will not need to win anything by himself.

Id stick to picking on our defense :)

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@lonhtimefan: did you catch the irony in "was as good as the SEA-OL was?" - but thanks for the Point that I was seeing it well ;)
I am not concerned with the D of ATL, only with our health or that of Jordy because he opens up a lot for all others and still catches the ball...

Jordy and Burnett fit = chances are 66%, otherwise 50 in my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saw the last 5 games from Atlanta and stats on NFL showing how their pass, and scoring Def improved?

Ninners, Rams, Panthers were 3 of 5..

Then had NO who I believe scored 30 and Seattle for 20.

sometimes stats look good, but dig deeper and you see them playing horrible teams, so the stats get skewed

Agreed, I said this yesterday. I understand Atalanta is "hot" and "improved", but considering who they played during the last half of the season, I'm not that impressed. Sure, they beat the Sea Turkeys last week, but so did we, by a larger margin. Besides the Bear game, the last 8 games that the Packers played in were against a team fighting for its playoff life and it showed. Falcons played one playoff contender in Dec. (The Chiefs) and lost. The other games were against teams that were already eliminated for the playoffs (Rams, 49ers, Panthers, Saints (Jan.)).

The only nervousness I have about this game is the Packers health. Any good news coming out of Green Bay on the injury status of Jordy, Adams, Burnett, Bahk.....will be welcomed news.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts