James Jones is a Packer

do the Packers go after Jones?

• Total voters

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I confess a weakness for guys who take #13...it bespeaks a chip on the shoulder. ;)
Evidence to back up that claim: #13 was Donald Driver's number as a rookie before he switched to 80.

H

HardRightEdge

Yep, Rob Demovsky is reporting that Myles White is being cut to make room for James Jones.
That's would not be particularly unexpected; it also would not be entirely unregrettable.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

FYI, James Jones will wear his old No. 89, Richard Rodgers switches to 82.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice of RR to let him have his old number.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
It wouldn't break my heart if Jennings only comes to Lambeau on another team to get his butt stomped. He talked too much crap about the Packers then when the Vikings cut him he tried to make nice.

Yeah the things he said when he left were ridiculous.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no real idea of the total impact he will have, but I, for one, am extremely happy and relieved he came back. Have a good year 89!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is a slot guy, Montgomery is a slot guy and Janis isn't ready yet. Bring in James Jones, we need atleast someone to pair on the outside with Davante.
Exactly right. The opponents can't overload on Adams. If they do, Rodgers will find Jones. I admit it, bringing him back was a good move. The Giants owe us anyway.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Exactly right. The opponents can't overload on Adams. If they do, Rodgers will find Jones. I admit it, bringing him back was a good move. The Giants owe us anyway.

Yeah at first I didn't know what to think, but I think bringing Jones back is one of the best things we could have done.
Super Bowl 50 here we come.

D

Deleted member 6794

James Jones signed a one-year, $870,000 deal with the Packers. Because of the veteran minimum benefit the contract will only result in a cap hit of $585K.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones signed a one-year, $870,000 deal with the Packers. Because of the veteran minimum benefit the contract will only result in a cap hit of $585K.

Ted has done similar one-year deals with ex-Packers before, notably Ryan Grant and Mark Tauscher.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That and it'll make it harder for the safety to sit on the seam/slot routes, the Jones Adams tandem will force most teams to drop both safeties... assuming Jones regains his old form and Adams has taken a step forward. I don't see Adams commanding the sorts of double teams necessary to open things up for Cobb like like Nelson even if he has improved.

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a Quarter Back who can bring very best out of any decent but out of form WR. Mark my words, Jones will be far better here than he was with the Giants.