A Jordan Love Contract

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguably the best QB comps contracts if your Love, Russ, Love's Agent or anyone at the table contract wise are:

Daniel Jones - Signed $160M / 4 year deal. That's $40M/Year and had 57.5% guaranteed or $92M. Signed September 2023, He is 27 this year
Justin Herbert - Signed a $262.5M / 5 Year deal . That's $52.5M/Year and had an astounding 83% guaranteed or $218M. Signed July of 2023, He is 26 this year
Joe Burrow - Signed a $275M / 5 year deal. That's $55M/ Yr and had 79.6% of it guaranteed or $219M. Signed September of 2023, he is 27 this year.
Jalen Hurts - Signed a $255M / 5 year deal. That's $51M/Yr and had roughly 70% guaranteed or $179M. This was signed around end of April 2023 and he is 26 this year.

Jordan Love is 26 this year. IF he would lead his team like Burrow to the conference championship...I think that is more fuel for the argument his camp will look at Burrow's deal.

He is arguably showing Hurts deal minimum is likely where his camp is at with Jones no longer being the bottom.

Essentially we are looking somewhere I expect in that $50M-$56M a year range...with that sliding depending on guarantee we are willing to give.

Past few HIGH profile guys GB has signed and their percentage of guarantee:

Rashan got 36% of his contract guaranteed.
Bakhtiari got 66% of his guaranteed.
Jaire got 35.7% of his guaranteed.
Kenny Clark got 48.6% of his guaranteed.
Aaron Rodgers last deal got 100% guaranteed $150,815,000 of the $150,815,000
His one before that he got 73.6% of it guaranteed.

I would bet given Rodgers more normal deal back at 73.6% and the trend being higher profile QBs getting around 80% nowadays...75% is about as low as I bet we can get him to go and I would guess around 80% is about as high as his camp can get Gute/Russ to go with guaranteed.

Right now, if GB knows he's their guy I have a feeling we are looking at a Five year $276,250,000 deal with over $215M or so guaranteed....essentially cap hitching our wagon to the young man through 2027 likely.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguably the best QB comps contracts if your Love, Russ, Love's Agent or anyone at the table contract wise are:

Daniel Jones - Signed $160M / 4 year deal. That's $40M/Year and had 57.5% guaranteed or $92M. Signed September 2023, He is 27 this year
Justin Herbert - Signed a $262.5M / 5 Year deal . That's $52.5M/Year and had an astounding 83% guaranteed or $218M. Signed July of 2023, He is 26 this year
Joe Burrow - Signed a $275M / 5 year deal. That's $55M/ Yr and had 79.6% of it guaranteed or $219M. Signed September of 2023, he is 27 this year.
Jalen Hurts - Signed a $255M / 5 year deal. That's $51M/Yr and had roughly 70% guaranteed or $179M. This was signed around end of April 2023 and he is 26 this year.

Jordan Love is 26 this year. IF he would lead his team like Burrow to the conference championship...I think that is more fuel for the argument his camp will look at Burrow's deal.

He is arguably showing Hurts deal minimum is likely where his camp is at with Jones no longer being the bottom.

Essentially we are looking somewhere I expect in that $50M-$56M a year range...with that sliding depending on guarantee we are willing to give.

I would bet given Rodgers more normal deal back at 73.6% and the trend being higher profile QBs getting around 80% nowadays...75% is about as low as I bet we can get him to go and I would guess around 80% is about as high as his camp can get Gute/Russ to go with guaranteed.

Right now, if GB knows he's their guy I have a feeling we are looking at a Five year $276,250,000 deal with over $215M or so guaranteed....essentially cap hitching our wagon to the young man through 2027 likely.
Good information. I do believe the guaranteed money is going to be the #1 priority as to where it all fits into the sliding scale.

I wouldn't even have a clue as to where it will end up with Love. But I do think it's going to be in the $50-$56 mill yearly range, like you suggested. It will all depend on how much is paid out front, as guarantee money.

All said, what about a 10 year contract similar to the one Mahomes has? Is that a possibility?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

He only gets your numbers if we win the Super Bowl imo.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not seeing a huge contract of guarantee. The whole Giant QB fiasco has bloated the market.
Jones' deal shouldn't have any bearing on Love's as the 2 aren't even close in talent or type of game. With enough signing bonus $ GB may be able to structure deal as an extension beginning in '25. Guessing 5 yr/$265mil, $135 signing bonus ($22.5mil spread over next 6 yrs). Next year's base salaries would be guaranteed on 1st or 5th day of new league year each year.

Rough cap:
'24 - $11mil base+$22.5 sb=$33.5
'25 - $15 base + $22.5 sb=$37.5
'26 - $21 base + $22.5 = $43.5
'27 - $26 base + $22.5 = $48.5
'28 - $31 base + $22.5 = $53.5
'29 - $37 base + $22.5 = $59.5

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just hope it is cap friendly..not structured like Rodgers was!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all of you that want to wait, think of it this way. If the Packers wait until the end of 2024, essentially showing no faith in Love, why would he come back here? Some team like the Buccaneers or Bears would throw down huge money for him as a free agent. Loyalty in sports is unfortunately a relic that rarely shows up.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all of you that want to wait, think of it this way. If the Packers wait until the end of 2024, essentially showing no faith in Love, why would he come back here? Some team like the Buccaneers or Bears would throw down huge money for him as a free agent. Loyalty in sports is unfortunately a relic that rarely shows up.

Yup, and IF there is ever any chance he is willing to work with you structure wise for a "friendlier" structure the quicker you sign him the better odds of that.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't think the benefits of waiting to sign Love at the end of 2024 outweigh the benefits of getting a deal done this off-season. Could Love regress? Yes, but I think the chances are good he stays the same or gets better if his O line holds up. The thought of him getting better must send chills down the spines of the Bears, Lions and Vikings.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just don't think the benefits of waiting to sign Love at the end of 2024 outweigh the benefits of getting a deal done this off-season. Could Love regress? Yes, but I think the chances are good he stays the same or gets better if his O line holds up. The thought of him getting better must send chills down the spines of the Bears, Lions and Vikings.

If Sanguine is optimistic he’s going to get better, it’s a stone cold lock.

Get it done.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The thought makes me giggle. You know there are already some fans of all of them that are thinking, ohhhhh gawwwd no. Not again!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF needs to convince Tom Clements to stay another year. He has a proven track record of making qb's much better. Look what he did in a short while in Arizona with Kyler Murray? I'm convinced that if Clements comes back and the O line holds up or improves, Jordan Love will get better in 2024. While his jumps in 2024 may not be as great as 2023 since he's starting out from a rather good 2023 performance, I like his chances to continue to improve if Clements sticks around. That must terrify the Lions, Bears and Vikings. If I'm their GM's , I would start a bidding war to get Clements to leave GB.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m the packers I definitely want to get something done asap. If I’m Jordan do you take any less that hurts type money. If they “low ball” me do I bank on myself and go out and earn the top dollar. Injuries, regression it’s a tough spot for both sides imo

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Loves deal will push the 50 mill per year. In his favor contracts are going up at a ridiculous rate but working against him it was only 1 year. His argument to counter that would be that's not my fault and you've seen the way I have improved. You obviously thought enough of me to work out a deal and I proved to be worth it. Now pay me. I don't think a Hurts type deal is out of the question.

Side note if the Chiefs win tonight Mahomes will get a reworked contract that will likely put him over 60 million a year. There's no way the Chiefs carry his 57 million dollar cap hit in 2024 and it goes up from there.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguably there is no such thing as a cap friendly QB deal these days...
Objectively, no... probably isn't. Relatively, Mahomes and Burrows come somewhat close. I don't know if any quarterback will leave as much money on the table over the course of his career as Brady. Business Insider once calculated that he probably passed up at least $60M over the course of his career, and possibly as much as $100M. He figured he'd rather be the guy with the most rings, and let someone else be the guy with the most money.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Objectively, no... probably isn't. Relatively, Mahomes and Burrows come somewhat close. I don't know if any quarterback will leave as much money on the table over the course of his career as Brady. Business Insider once calculated that he probably passed up at least $60M over the course of his career, and possibly as much as $100M. He figured he'd rather be the guy with the most rings, and let someone else be the guy with the most money.
...and then Brady lost over $30mil going all-in on FTX crypto. Good thing he earned a lot, he's good at losing it. ;)

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and then Brady lost over $30mil going all-in on FTX crypto. Good thing he earned a lot, he's good at losing it. ;)
His ex had a nice side gig too, brought in some extra pin money. And he still made something like $230 over the course of his career, i think. How much can someone spend?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attachments

• th-3510074962.jpg
    th-3510074962.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 16

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did that quote come from? I just see it seemingly starting on twitter from some random 1K followed account, but don't see it anywhere else.

Latest posts