James Jones is a Packer

do the Packers go after Jones?

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
What do you mean? He played for the Raiders last year. I agree he doesn't have much leverage to negotiate though. Something near vet minimum.

I was just going off of what he said, he said he was a year removed on twitter, he must have been talking about the Packers not football in general.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident JJ will be the #3. Great to have ya back JJ. Perfect candidate to help out when you consider he knows system and has a ring with Pack.

Go Pack Go!

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'm surprised... and ok with this move. Good to have you back JJ.

Yeah I didn't see this move coming tbh, but I kind of like it. hopefully he shows up for the Pack and we stomp the Bears week 1.
I feel confident in this season.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a huge dbag his last year here too. He nuked that bridge to the ground. JJ on the other hand has exuded nothing but class.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is AR's doing. He went to Ted and McCarthy and said hey, bring Jones home.

So are we going to all turn against Rodgers now like we did Favre when he supposedly wanted to run the team?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are we going to all turn against Rodgers now like we did Favre when he supposedly wanted to run the team?

I don't think Favre lost any fans in Green Bay for pitching for us to bring Moss and others in. I think it was more the whole retiring then unretiring then demanding a trade or release, heading to our most hated rivals and grudging our organization for several years, that sort of thing.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Dougherty had posted that here, I would have blasted him as well. The "Jones is washed up" conclusion is pretty suspect on the basis of a 9.1 ypc average in a **** poor Raiders offense (with a rookie under center) and failing to crack a good Giants receiving corps. Look at the film- he's fine.

I didn't think the front office would move on this. (Since I'm roasting you on Jones, I might as well cop to being wrong about our front office.) This was an easy move that boosts our depth at receiver. Well done, TT and company. Welcome home, James.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dougherty had posted that here, I would have blasted him as well. The "Jones is washed up" conclusion is pretty suspect on the basis of a 9.1 ypc average in a **** poor Raiders offense (with a rookie under center) and failing to crack a good Giants receiving corps. Look at the film- he's fine.

I didn't think the front office would move on this. (Since I'm roasting you on Jones, I might as well cop to being wrong about our front office.) This was an easy move that boosts our depth at receiver. Well done, TT and company. Welcome home, James.

I agree completely. I'm amazed at the lack of respect that JJ gets. For the way people talk about him, you'd think he was pushing 40. He's 31. He's a year older than Jordy Nelson. If the tape were showing an erosion of his normal skill set, it would be a red flag. They don't. His age is not a concern. He's a short term fix anyway, not a long term investment.

The YPC, as Badger pointed out, is suspect in the Oakland offense. Or it could simply be an anomaly. It's one year, one season, not enough to tell, but if he plays a full season here, I'd be willing to wager that he is much closer to his 13 YPC that he's consistently been around every year with Rodgers than the 9 YPC he had with Oakland last year.

Even if you're against this, literally the worst thing that can happen is he flames out and we're out a few hundred thousand which is NFL pocket change. That's the worst. The best is he could help us win another Super Bowl.

I can't understand the vast concern about Jones taking reps away from our younger receivers. Cobb had to wait a year before he was any major part of this offense, Jordy had to wait several years, and they turned out just fine. Nothing wrong with sitting back and learning the craft, offense, and system before getting thrown to the fire. If Jones doesn't work out, the young guys will get their opportunity. But I'm confident he will. We're a Super Bowl contender, not a rebuilding club, and pieces like Jones can be ones to put us over the top.

H

HardRightEdge

When he stops showing up for camp on time and starts throwing ugly interceptions at the most inopportune times, absolutely yes! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to remember there was a time when both JJ and Jordy were early in their careers when there was a controversy over who would be the better receiver and a lot of people thought JJ would be the star. Even though Jordy has become our go to guy, JJ was always a fine player who got better as he improved his concentration. He isn't the deep threat that Jordy is but he is a really good receiver and was fine in our offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts