James Jones is a Packer

do the Packers go after Jones?

• Total voters
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

He might be correct, but there's better ways of expressing yourself.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a Quarter Back who can bring very best out of any decent but out of form WR. Mark my words, Jones will be far better here than he was with the Giants.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was better than he was for the Raiders. I don't think 73/666/6 is beyond the realm of possibility. I don't really expect it because I do think Montgomery and Janis will be worked into the offense a little more than the 4 and 5 guys traditionally have been and I think Lacy and certainly Rodgers will see a bump in their passing game contributions but it is doable Heck, a few years ago there was talk of 3 1000 receivers although that dream fizzled big time.

By the way, it just dawned on me why the Raiders cut Jones. McKenzie is very superstitious and the 666 receiving yards scared the crap out of him. There are rumors that McKenzie was seen more than once roaming the streets of Oakland late at night muttering over and over "Jones is the Devil, the Devil is Jones" Word has it he's a Jim Carrey fan as well.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There are rumors that McKenzie was seen more than once roaming the streets of Oakland late at night muttering over and over "Jones is the Devil, the Devil is Jones" Word has it he's a Jim Carry fan as well.

I thought The Devil was in Mrs. Jones?? :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The more I think about it the less I think Ted will go after him. I can't recall but I don't think we even made him an offer so its not like he took a better deal to be the #1 guy. .

they did make an offer

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=21561&is_corp=1

Jones spent seven seasons in Green Bay (2007 through ’13) before signing a three-year, $10 million free-agent contract with the Oakland Raiders in March 2014.

At the annual NFL Meetings a few days after Jones signed that deal, his agent, Frank Bauer, said that the Packers did express an interest in re-signing his client but were too late – they’d already agreed to a deal with the Raiders.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Miss Jones. At least I think it was Miss Jones. I don't know for sure. Obviously. Why would I know that? What are you implying :whistling:

Well Sschind who are we to sit in judgement on what you do in the "off season"? :whistling:

I must have been thinking about the legendary hit by Billy Paul "Me And Mrs. Jones" and must have been, yeah that's it....playing Charlie Daniels "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" while typing! :whistling:

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Raiders didn't want to keep him and he couldn't make the Giants' roster what does that say about where JJ is at at this point in his career? The Packers will start the season with who they have and unless they really falter don't expect any "names" to be coming in.

Yeah what does that say about him? Killing it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is funny about this is that people actually thought we should not go get him when it was an absolute no brainer once he was available. I would like to say it was genius move on TT's part but it wasn't, it was simply what needed to be done.

Rodgers and Jones have chemistry and that chemistry was on display today.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And check out the degree of difficulty of at least two of Jones' catches.

They were tremendous and we watched Jones do that many times his last couple of season with as. How nice was it for him to come in and in week establish himself as force to be reckoned with? Teams are not going to be able to just double cover Cobb.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting quote from Arod on Jones performance today:

"No disrespect to James but I don't think it was that out of character. ... I had no hesitation going to him."

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back James Jones. You never should have left.
I'm actually glad he left for a year. Opened up the door for Adams to get valuable playing time last year. He's a whole lot cheaper now too.

Jones played great today. Was a little surprised that the chemistry came back this quickly.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
He played quite well today and made some great catches. I am kinda perplexed that he was cut from the Giants and Raiders.

Im glad he dident but what he showed today was great.

Gutpunch77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because both of the quarterbacks on those teams are not as good as Rodgers...it's not even close

Latest posts