Have to win the DIV .

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about them only having one credible win, but the same could be said for us. The only credible win we have would be the Dolphins win.

I do think we will put up some points, it's a matter of stopping McCoy, IMO. Can't let him run over us.

They beat the Rams. Seattle and San Fran lost to the Rams this year. People spin themselves in circles trying to read into these things. Bottom line... you gotta win who you play and take it from there.

I'll be my left nut that the Bears win a couple the rest of the way out and possibly against some decent teams. It's just the NFL these days.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is curious about the hypotheticals if Detroit continues to win, here is the scenario if we won out and the Lions won out until losing at Lambeau in the season finale:

- Records both 13-3
- Head to head 1-1
- Division records both 5-1
- Common games tiebreaker: Det (10-2), GB (11-1)

Packers win the division on common games tiebreaker. Unlikely of course, but this is how it would pan out if it occurred.

So despite being in 2nd, we do have control of our own destiny at this point as far as the division title is concerned.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Can't count on Detroit imploding like they did last year... all the Packers can do is keep winning. As Jimbo said that Dec. 28th game against Detroit will probably end-up being HUGE in deciding Div. champ AND playoffs.

I hope it does come down to that. Lions haven't beaten us at Lambeau since 1991. 23 years.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I hope it does come down to that. Lions haven't beaten us at Lambeau since 1991. 23 years.

They also haven't started 7-2 since 1993. While I wouldn't put money on the Lions winning in Lambeau, this is (so far) shaping up to be a year where it's at least possible.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They also haven't started 7-2 since 1993. While I wouldn't put money on the Lions winning in Lambeau, this is (so far) shaping up to be a year where it's at least possible.

Lions haven't beaten anybody on the road this year. In fact they have looked very non-impressive and mediocre on the road.. Let's hear all this "Kitty Kat" talk in about weeks from now. I say 7-4 real quickly for "Kitty Kat Land".

D

Deleted member 6794

Lions haven't beaten anybody on the road this year. In fact they have looked very non-impressive and mediocre on the road.. Let's hear all this "Kitty Kat" talk in about weeks from now. I say 7-4 real quickly for "Kitty Kat Land".

Even if the Lions lose to Arizona (which lost Carson Palmer for the season yesterday) and New England I expect them to win their next four games. That would guarantee them a chance for the NFC North title in week 17.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Even if the Lions lose to Arizona (which lost Carson Palmer for the season yesterday) and New England I expect them to win their next four games. That would guarantee them a chance for the NFC North title in week 17.

First of all I don't really see a drop off with Stanton in Cards offense. In fact he is more mobile and less erratic then Palmer IMO. Either way it's not that big of a drop off. I had Lions beating Miami in a close game but they will lose in the "desert" and in "New England". Well see how they respond to losing as it will be the true test. I could see them dropping one to the Bears or Queens. The "Kitty Kats" can "Free-Fall" at any moment.

Like I shared I give them no chance in "Vince's House" in week 17 with playoff implications on the line.

The only good news for Lions is Seattle is going to lose in KC this weekend so they will still have chance at wild card.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

First of all I don't really see a drop off with Skelton in Cards offense. In fact he is more mobile and less erratic then Palmer IMO. Either way it's not that big of a drop off. I had Lions beating Miami in a close game but they will lose in the "desert" and in "New England". Well see how they respond to losing as it will be the true test. I could see them dropping one to the Bears or Queens. The "Kitty Kats" can "Free-Fall" at any moment.

Like I shared I give them no chance in "Vince's House" in week 17 with playoff implications on the line.

The only good news for Lions is Seattle is going to lose in KC this weekend so they will still have chance at wild card.

First of all Drew Stanton is the Cardinals backup. IMO there's a huge dropoff from Palmer. I still think Arizona is capable of beating the Lions but it's for sure not a guarantee the Packers will win the division.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First of all Drew Stanton is the Cardinals backup. IMO there's a huge dropoff from
Palmer. I still think Arizona is capable of beating the Lions but it's for sure not a guarantee the Packers will win the division.

I meant Stanton.

People might say I am drinking too much Kool-Aid but with our schedule I think we have a real good shot at winning out which would be better then my 12-4 pre-season prediction.

Were not a team that blows a lot of games we should win and our toughest two games are at home. I really like how we match up against the Patriots. I see one potential trap game at Buffalo and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First of all Drew Stanton is the Cardinals backup. IMO there's a huge dropoff from
Palmer. I still think Arizona is capable of beating the Lions but it's for sure not a guarantee the Packers will win the division.

Barring major injury I can't imagine us not winning the division. I'm more concerned about "Home Field" in playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts