2024 Safety Free Agents...some I have noted or like...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
3. We have several players with expiring deals, but they are pedestrian level production. Runyon Jr, Campbell, Dillon and Savage are all players with sizable market value that we could replace from outside FA or the draft if necessary.
Agree. Although Campbell's deal is sadly not expiring, it has 3 more seasons on it. He and Bahk are the 2 players that I think we see Gute part ways with in the next couple of days, before their roster bonuses kick in on 3/15. Those 2 players if cut/traded, will not factor into any 2025 comp picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is one big reason I'd like to see us solve the Safety Problem mostly in free agency. It seems clear at this point we can pretty comfortably get two soild safeties on the free agent market at a very affordable price point, and if we bring in a couple of reliable and experienced vets at that position, they will help stabilize the entire defense with their presence and their "quarterbacking" of the defensive backfield - and even the linebackers.
All one has to do is look at Savage (#21 pick in 2019) to get some clarity on the situation the Packers currently face at safety. While his rookie season wasn't bad, it by no means is what the Packers should be looking for in 2024 out of a starting safety. The Packers are in need of TWO quality starting safeties. If Gute waits until the draft to try and fill that need at #25 and a later pick, it might be a long season for the defense.

While there are some decent safeties in the draft, there are at least 10 Free Agent safeties that would totally improve the Packers defense. Maybe sign the best one they can to a long term deal and a second one to a 1 year prove it kind of deal and still draft a Safety high, to hopefully start in 2025.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How do players cut because of void years factor in?
Whatever cap was pushed out into those void years, hits immediately. Now if they are 1 of the 2 players that a team can declare a "Post June 1" cut, some of that can be split between the 2 seasons (I think).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
15m in dead money doesn't offend me, though I'm sure that number is going to rise yet.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Savage is signing a 3 year deal with Jacksonville. What are they thinking?????

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They must be thinking they can put him in a better position to succeed, than the Packers did. I wish Savage the best, and hope he has success moving forward.
Agree. I suggest the 60 meter dash. Dude can run straight forward for sure.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just think the "real" Free Agency period doesn't start until 2 pm (central time) on Wed. :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You just can't take your eye off the TV for 5 minutes today! My wife's trying to understand what could possibly be happening on the NFL Channel on a weekday afternoon in the middle of March...
I completely forgot today was the day for "legal tampering"......what an Oxymoron that term is!

Call it what it is....."Today is the day teams start announcing their free agent signings."

Latest posts