Have to win the DIV .

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions have a tough 3 games coming up. Home vs. Miami, @ Arizona and @ New England. Would be nice to see them drop at least 2 out of 3.
Don't count on it.
This is a good Lions team, not the same Lions we have laughed at in the past.
At the halfway point it appears that the football gods have blessed them this year.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the second half schedule for the Motor City Kitties:

Miami at home
at Arizona
at New England
Chicago at home
Tampa Bay at home
Minnesota at home
at Chicago
at Green Bay.

Tough road games and likely losses at Arizona and New England. Not a good history on the road on natural grass in outdoor stadiums so finish in Chicago and Green Bay probably losses. Maybe Miami comes in and pulls another Buffalo on them in Ford Field.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's the second half schedule for the Motor City Kitties:

Miami at home
at Arizona
at New England
Chicago at home
Tampa Bay at home
Minnesota at home
at Chicago
at Green Bay.

Tough road games and likely losses at Arizona and New England. Not a good history on the road on natural grass in outdoor stadiums so finish in Chicago and Green Bay probably losses. Maybe Miami comes in and pulls another Buffalo on them in Ford Field.

That´s one way to look at it. IMO the Lions have a tough stretch over the next three games, but after that I would expect them to pull off four straight wins before the week 17 matchup at Lambeau. If they win two of the next three we would have to be close to perfect to be able to win the North.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't count on it.
This is a good Lions team, not the same Lions we have laughed at in the past.
At the halfway point it appears that the football gods have blessed them this year.

You think they'll win in Arizona or New England? I wouldn't bet on it. They'll be underdogs in both for sure, though I'm not saying they can't win, of course. I think they'll probably beat Miami at home, but it's not a slam dunk.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think they'll win in Arizona or New England? I wouldn't bet on it. They'll be underdogs in both for sure, though I'm not saying they can't win, of course. I think they'll probably beat Miami at home, but it's not a slam dunk.
I'm not saying with any certainty that they will beat those teams.
I'm saying that this is a better Lions team that can't be discounted based on past history.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually expect the Lions to lose both of these games but take a look at their rest of the schedule. If they win all of their home games (which is possible vs. Miami, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Minnesota) and win at Soldier Field the Packers could win all of their next seven games and the division crown would still be up for grabs in the week 17 matchup at Lambeau.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may not want to entirely forget about Da Bears in this discussion. The second half schedule for Chicago is:

at Green Bay
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
at Detroit
Dallas
New Orleans
Detroit
at Minnesota

D

Deleted member 6794

We may not want to entirely forget about Da Bears in this discussion. The second half schedule for Chicago is:

at Green Bay
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
at Detroit
Dallas
New Orleans
Detroit
at Minnesota

The Bears are done!!!

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The final game against Detroit looks more and more like it'll be a title decider.[/QU
I said this at the start of the year and I'll stand by my comment that we HAVE to win the division in order to make the playoffs. The NFC this yr honestly has no clear cut favorite to represent in the SB but what it does have a potential 2 or 3 teams that may win 10 games or more and still not make the playoffs. I'm hoping that Dallas or Philly implodes along with Detroit and San Francisco.
I agree 10-6 might not get them in plus GB would have trouble winning at any of those places and winning their division may only give them 1 game at home it depends on win loss record etc, even at 5-3 they don't have any room for error,losing to Philly,New England and Detroit gets them 10-6 at best and they look very capable losing a game they should win,now with losses to Lions and N.O. the playoffs look pretty iffy for GB.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

at Green Bay
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
at Detroit
Dallas
New Orleans
Detroit
at Minnesota
If we beat them on Sunday they are done.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do think we will win the division, it is far from the only way in. SF and Seattle both have 3 losses and they are guaranteed more because they still play each other twice. And the only other team at the moment ahead in a wildcard race is the Eagles and we play them. Therefore, we control our own destiny for a wildcard. However, November schedule for the Lions is far from easy and we have 5 of the last 8 games at home. I think we 4-peat as NFC North Champions.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That´s one way to look at it. IMO the Lions have a tough stretch over the next three games, but after that I would expect them to pull off four straight wins before the week 17 matchup at Lambeau. If they win two of the next three we would have to be close to perfect to be able to win the North.[/QUOTEIs Arizona really as good as their record?

D

Deleted member 6794

Is Arizona really as good as their record?

I don´t think they´re as good as their record might indicate but I for sure hope they´ll beat the Lions as it is one of the toughest games remaining on their schedule.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are done!!!

The Bears have been a better team on the road than at home this year and they have come up to Lambeau a couple of times in recent years and gone back to Chicago with a win. As confident as I am in the Packers winning against them again I wouldn't be overconfident. Their offense has moved almost at will on our defense and if they should start translating that yardage into points anything is possible.

If they beat the Pack and the Lions should lose a couple the division will turn into a three-way brawl quickly.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bears have been a better team on the road than at home this year and they have come up to Lambeau a couple of times in recent years and gone back to Chicago with a win.

The Bears have never won at Lambeau since Rodgers became the starter when he was able to finish the game.

As confident as I am in the Packers winning against them again I wouldn't be overconfident. Their offense has moved almost at will on our defense and if they should start translating that yardage into points anything is possible.

I have all the confidence in the world that Jay Cutler will throw enough balls to our defensive backs for the Packers to pull out a comfortable win.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's foolish to underestimate any opponent in anything. Fortunately, it's the Packers fans and not the Packers who indulge in underestimating opponents now and then.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since it's Halloween, here's a little spooky scenario that just might scramble the NFC North projections.

IF the Bears upset the Packers and Miami pulls the upset on Detroit:

Lions 6-3
Packers 5-4
Bears 4-5

Then, the following week the Packers lose to the Eagles, the Lions lose at Arizona, the Bears drop the Vikings at home:

Lions 6-4
Packers 5-5
Bears 5-5

Continuing, the Packers win at Minnesota, the Lions lose at New England, the Bears beat Tampa Bay at home:

Lions 6-5
Packers 6-5
Bears 6-5

And setting the stage for the final month of the season, the Packers lose to the Patriots, the Lions defeat the Bears at Ford Field:

Lions 7-5
Packers 6-6
Bears 6-6

The December schedule is as follows: Packers vs. Atlanta, at Buffalo, at Tampa Bay, vs. Detroit. Lions vs. Tampa Bay, vs. Minnesota, at Chicago, at Green Bay. Bears vs. Dallas, vs. New Orleans, vs. Detroit, at Minnesota. Anything can happen and has in the NFL.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are losing that many winnable games in the second half and dropping 3 straight home games I'm going to be a lot more concerned as to what is going on with us than what any other team is doing.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago and Philadelphia are going to be the two most pivotal games on the immediately upcoming schedule. If the Packers win those they will be on their way to another division title. But both of those teams' offenses against the Packer defense present a siginificant danger of a disappointing surprise.

I do worry about our prospects, given the state of the defense, against Tom Brady; even at Lambeau.

Key to the second half is keeping Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb healthy and in the line-up and having the starting o-line group intact. If the Packers have to start relying on Derek Sherrod and Lane Taylor up front and lose any of their big playmakers it will be serious trouble.

D

Deleted member 6794

Chicago and Philadelphia are going to be the two most pivotal games on the immediately upcoming schedule. If the Packers win those they will be on their way to another division title. But both of those teams' offenses against the Packer defense present a siginificant danger of a disappointing surprise.

I do worry about our prospects, given the state of the defense, against Tom Brady; even at Lambeau.

Key to the second half is keeping Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb healthy and in the line-up and having the starting o-line group intact. If the Packers have to start relying on Derek Sherrod and Lane Taylor up front and lose any of their big playmakers it will be serious trouble.

I expect Tretter to start at RG vs. the Bears in case Lang won't be able to play.

The Packers have owned the Bears over the last few years and while they were able to move the ball on our defense turnovers have killed them. There's no reason to believe Cutler will be able to prevent them next week.

Reaction score
I think It's likely Detroit loses at least 1-2 of the next 3 games. Miami has been playing moderately good and if we get an upset this week it will have a profound impact on final standing. Plus, it's time for coach Philbin to show who's the boss.
Detroit won't win 6 of the 7 remaining after Miami. Arizona, Pats and GB on the road? That' ain't happening. They should go 5-3(would've been 4-4 but with Calvin back they'll have 2 feature WR's ). We need to go 6-2 with a win week 17. It's gonna be just like we thought... Down to the wire.

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Tretter to start at RG vs. the Bears in case Lang won't be able to play.
Yes, time to see if he can play. It wouldn't bother me to see him at R tackle, moving Bulaga to R guard. I've never been too impressed with Lang, or Bulaga for that matter. Maybe it's Campen, or whoever is supposed to be developing the offensive line.....

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, time to see if he can play. It wouldn't bother me to see him at R tackle, moving Bulaga to R guard. I've never been too impressed with Lang, or Bulaga for that matter. Maybe it's Campen, or whoever is supposed to be developing the offensive line.....

I'm fine with lining up Tretter at RG, no need to move two players around on the line though.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm more impressed with Lang than JBlood - he's got a nasty attitude and he finishes - but I think we can all agree Lane Taylor was a disaster. It was his first real action so that should be taken into consideration but he was SO bad, I don't have much hope he can play in the NFL. Hope I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts